Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 17:14   #121
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea whether that's a VW Polo, but that's definitely NOT a Ford Fiesta or a Focus.

And another thing. I have spotted Ford cars being tested quite a few times and none of them have ever carried a MH 14 plate. It's always TN 19.
Old 9th April 2010, 17:36   #122
Senior - BHPian

Where does the badge say 'Ford'?
Old 9th April 2010, 17:56   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

The VW factory is located near Pune and hence the test car bearing MH registration number.

This is the VW Polo sedan from the looks of it
Old 9th April 2010, 19:44   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am still wondering why would VW go to the extent of putting Ford badges on the test mule, why not put a camouflaging cloth on it instead.

Additionally, I am still guess, why would Ford keep quiet after coming to know the VW is testing its vehicle with a Ford badge on it. (Wont it be misleading).
They (Ford) should have seen the pics in Motoroids by now. Why would they still be quiet.

There is no mention of the name 'Ford' on the badges, its just an ovular blue badge. And I am afraid that ford cannot drag VW anywhere with the shape and colour of the badge.

This is quite cleverly done; but VW missed that everyone knows who has a plant in chakan and who is bringing a new sedan.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:35   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am still wondering why would VW go to the extent of putting Ford badges on the test mule, why not put a camouflaging cloth on it instead.

Why not take a Suzuli or Skoda logo instead. Why be so specific about Ford.

Additionally, I am still guess, why would Ford keep quiet after coming to know the VW is testing its vehicle with a Ford badge on it. (Wont it be misleading).
If it really were a VW, wont they be scared that Ford will take them to court for such an offense. They (Ford) should have seen the pics in Motoroids by now. Why would they still be quiet.
Take to court for what? where on the blue oval does it say ford?
The fact that we associate blue ovals to ford is a whole other matter - but I doubt ford can do anything to vw
Old 9th April 2010, 23:55   #126
BHPian

WOW!!! thats definitely the polo sedan. Polo with a fiesta make up. The front bumper has been modified. There should be a gaping wide black new corporate WW grille. Looks like the 3 door concept.

How are they going to price it ? The POLO hatch is pricey and is short on power and features. If the sedan has to have decent power and features like climate control it ll have to be priced close to 9 lacs.
Old 10th April 2010, 00:34   #127
BHPian

Hmmmm. The bonnet shape is a clear give away that it is not the ford focus. the wheel fender arch, the cut-n-screw bumper job just add to the total.

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-dsc02384.jpg
Old 10th April 2010, 01:21   #128
BHPian

Quote:
why would Ford keep quiet after coming to know the VW is testing its vehicle with a Ford badge on it.
That is because they ain't using a Ford badge here. It is an oval shaped blue badge which resembles the Ford badge but this isn't a Ford badge. Look closely at the 2nd pic here, you would see a badge that looks like the ford's however, there is nothing written within the emblem. clever stuff
Old 10th April 2010, 01:59   #129
Team-BHP Support

Amazingly clever. Make people think that Ford is coming out with a new sedan by slapping on the european fiesta bumpers. lol.

Brilliant stuff by VW to throw people offguard.

I'm surprised many here on T-BHP fell for it. There is no mistaking that car for anything but a VW.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

This should get the disguise of the year award. What an effort ! and looks like it is intentional to pick on Ford. The final look of the car may be entirely different and a surprise to all.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:50   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Take to court for what? where on the blue oval does it say ford?
The fact that we associate blue ovals to ford is a whole other matter - but I doubt ford can do anything to vw
For trademark infrigement, it is not necessary that the ford name needs to be there in the blue oval sign.If needed Ford can take VW (or whoever the car belongs to) to court based on the blue oval itself. Remember the ad from VW about a year or so back showing the various forms of the VW logo that can be taken as trademark infrigment? The ad even showed the new Bajaj logo as similar to VW logo, but sideways!!
Old 10th April 2010, 20:21   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post

The Jetta GLI is based on the current Mark VI Golf,so absolutely no Polo influence here.

i thought so to. the the new polo so looks like the golf. some car reviews even mentioned who needs a golf now when we have the sexy new polo. .(not my words guys)
Old 12th April 2010, 12:40   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Amazingly clever. Make people think that Ford is coming out with a new sedan by slapping on the european fiesta bumpers. lol.

Brilliant stuff by VW ...
Umm... i donno about that. Suppose, a few months from now :

Videsh : Hey Kamlesh, have you seen the recently launched VW Polo Sedan? I think its just the car you have been waiting for, it meets your needs perfectly!

Kamlesh : Yea, that it does, but i heard that Ford might be launching the new european fiesta here (i've seen spy pics of it testing in India) so i think i might wait for that before making the final decision!

VW FAIL?

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th April 2010 at 12:42.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:54   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Nice find. The car is relatively well proportioned as compared to other car we have in India.

3) The biggest question, where will they place ? Polo lets say will be from 5-7 lakh. 7-9 they have Fabia. 9-12 lakh they have Octy and above that they have Laura, Jetta, Passat superb.

Polo will fight Swift/i20. Fabia competes with Jazz.

Where will this car go ? My guess is that this car will replace Octavia. Already some news is going on that Octy will be replaced and the dates are near to the launch of this Polo sedan.
Well globally the Laura (which is sold as the Octy worldwide) is the replacement for the Octy the way we know it. Not sure this will be a replacement for it. As per my understanding they are looking at launching this car to compete in the Linea segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
That is the VW Polo sedan! One can clearly see that the false Ford bumper is glued/screwed on top of the original thing as a disguise. Also, if you see the rear badging, the oval badge(ford) is put on top of a circular base(VW)! Attaching pics for reference.
Awesome scoop
Has anyone even noticed the fake headlamp till now? Forget everything but the screw to bolt on the fake bumper and the fake print headlamp (most part of it) is a clear giveaway! Its a VW Polo Sedan for sure. Period

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2010 at 12:59. Reason: Merged on request. FYI - If you make consecutive posts >20mins apart it is okay.
Old 13th April 2010, 16:36   #135
BHPian

Fiesta 2010 sedan

For those of you who have not seen new Ford fiesta

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th April 2010 at 12:57. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed