Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 16:11   #91
BHPian

Guys - you are falling for VW's bluff . This is the vw sedan. here is proof

1. the front bumper looks like another bumper has been stuck on top of it. also, the head lights have been messed around with - there is a combination of black tape and a silver sticker to make it look like it is the ford focus sedan.
2. compare the rake on the side view of the vw polo and the focus sedan. you will find that this car has an exact match to the polo

3. the rear lamps are camouflaged by a triangular translucent red casing with a white circle on it. the actual lamps are underneath the triangular casing

its a truly awesome camouflage by vw. i dunno if ford can take some legal action on this?
Old 8th April 2010, 16:12   #92
BHPian

It is indeed the VW Polo sedan. The lines just don't match with the Ford.Look closer and you can see that the front bumper is just a fake cladding which is screwed on.

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-dsc02384.jpg
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-vwpolo3door201001.jpg
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-fordfocus_sedan_2009_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg
Old 8th April 2010, 16:21   #93
Senior - BHPian

@ harish, the picture you have posted makes it more evident that its the Ford Focus sedan. Check the front fog lamp housing & the wheel arches!
Old 8th April 2010, 16:22   #94
BHPian

I hope this is not the Polo 1.6 version. Reminds me of the Fiat Siena. I wish polo 1.6 is a hatchback.

Thread already exists. Check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...olo-sedan.html.

It says Ford and not VW. How is this the polo sedan??

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th April 2010 at 17:56. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks
Old 8th April 2010, 16:28   #95
Senior - BHPian

although it looks like a Ford Focus, it is not. there are tell-tale signs all over the car, starting from the front bumper, headlights, hood, A pillar, rear bumper, manufacturer's logo on the trunk etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@ harish, the picture you have posted makes it more evident that its the Ford Focus sedan. Check the front fog lamp housing & the wheel arches!
the bumper is a stick-on to the original one. take a close look at the angles where the bumper meets the body. the angles are steep in the Focus, but lighter in the Polo. also, the wheel arches are rounded in the Focus, but sharp in the Polo. take a look at the ORVMs - they resemble the Polo's ORVMs than Focus's.
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-fordfocus_sedan_2009_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg  

Last edited by IronH4WK : 8th April 2010 at 16:39. Reason: Add quote
Old 8th April 2010, 16:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

This is the VW Polo sedan with a ford focus bumper tucked onto it to fool spy photographers. many manufacturers do some cross disguising deliberately to keep their prototypes out of prying eyes.

I gave you an example of an A8 earlier, now this is another-this car is actually the latest Jaguar XJ but disguised as a BMW prototype to fool the spy photographers.
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-2011jaguarxjspyshots_100200719_m.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 16:38   #97
BHPian

@anachronix---

1)the front bumper is just screwed on (look closely and you can see the screw).

2)Zoom on to the headlamps and you can see that there is a huge gap b/w the HL cluster and the bumper unlike in the case of the real Focus where it is flush fit.

3) The bonnet of the Focus has a very prominent kink which starts from the A-pillar & continues till the headlight. Also check the bonnet shut lines of both the cars.

4) The wheel arches of the Focus are curvy compared to that of sedan which has sharper lines similar to the Polo.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:47   #98
Senior - BHPian

@ harish, now I can see what you did see! My bad... Its not a Ford.

The rear ford badge clearly shows it off as well.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:53   #99

Pricing is going to be the key here. Hope it is more in the Linea range rather than Octavia! The pics initially reminded me of the new ford fiesta. But looking closely, I am convinced that this is a VW car. The similarities with Polo are there once we look past the more obvious camouflaging. Just wondering though, what is the objective of these camouflaged test drives?
Old 8th April 2010, 17:43   #100
BHPian

Guys....I have seen the interiors of this car & they are the same as Polo hatch, unfortunately the driver sped off as I was about to take interior pics. I managed to catch this car when the driver was taking a leak

The blue oval logo had nothing written on it

Also, the fenders, C-pillar & rear quarter glass scream out that this is a Polo.

Another thing - Why will Ford test 15 of its cars in Chakan, where the VW plant is located?
Old 8th April 2010, 17:55   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is the VW Polo sedan with a ford focus bumper tucked onto it to fool spy photographers.
Bingo.

Very naughty. I like it

If you look at the less obvious body panels and cuts you can see they are clearly from the Polo.

What i am interested in seeing however are the (final) rear tail-lights.

cya
R
Old 8th April 2010, 18:24   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
That looks like the ford focus sedan.. compare the picture designersf has put up and the spy shot. Its a ford for sure.
But on closer observation the front bumper does not seem to match and the tail lights also look like they've been taped to look like the fiesta's lights..!
yeah it could be the ford focus sedan? who knows!. but i think its the polo sedan. look at the mirrors. i think its polo sedan for sure. hey guys whats that VW GLI sedan based upon. the polo or the golf hatch?

i think this car or polo sedan would look something like this (2010 VW GLI). the front end is borrowed from the polo. i think the best sedan to come out from a hatch is the linea. it looks beautiful. rest all are so and so!!
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-2010_volkswagen_jetta_gli_mk6_by_active_design.jpg  

Last edited by Caramelo : 8th April 2010 at 18:35.
Old 8th April 2010, 18:29   #103
Senior - BHPian

I'm pretty sure it's a polo sedan. Through the pics it's pretty obvious that whole ford looking front-end is simply a dummy covering something else!

I'm still betting on polo sedan
Old 8th April 2010, 18:51   #104
Senior - BHPian

VW is doing a Anthony Hopkins from Silence of The Lambs! What a disguise. But it ain't gonna fool us VW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i think this car or polo sedan would look something like this (2010 VW GLI). the front end is borrowed from the polo. i think the best sedan to come out from a hatch is the linea. it looks beautiful. rest all are so and so!!
The Jetta GLI is based on the current Mark VI Golf,so absolutely no Polo influence here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
This is a ford sedan. Could be a facelifted version of Fiesta. Somewhere in our forum I saw the interiors of a Ford, which I liked. This could be the exterior of the same.
Mods, ntrack - wouldn't be appropriate if the title is changed to Ford Sedan than VW Polo Sedan?
Those interiors were of the European spec Ford Fiesta hatch/sedan shortly due in India,certainly not of the car in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Its not a Polo Sedan but a new forthcoming version of Jetta based on Polo.
Its a Polo sedan.Period.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:54   #105
Senior - BHPian

camouflaging in India is moving to the next level!Vw is very serious about its indian operations.The VW polo sedan will have the world premiere in India i guess.

Last edited by avishar : 8th April 2010 at 20:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed