Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:45   #151
Senior - BHPian

Now we have a competitor for the City. 105bhp diesel ! Bring it on guys. You dont have to worry about the price since the City already sells at that point.
Old 23rd April 2010, 13:57   #152
BHPian

Looks like they changed the link to the article.
Anyway here it is SCOOP! Polo Saloon is VW Vento | Autocar India
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:18   #153
Senior - BHPian

The autocar report says that the Vento 1.6 diesel puts out 105bhp and wait for this...25.5kgm of torque!! The front end looks pretty much like a Polo while the boot section seems well integrated in the pictures. The report also says that the Vento is slated for a July '10 launch. I think we can expect a t-bhp initial drive sometime soon.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:24   #154
BHPian

+1 to that.see crease lines on doors.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:16   #155
BHPian

The POLO Sedan to be called VENTO and to be launched July 2010!

The POLO Sedan has been christened VENTO and the plan is to launch it this July.

SCOOP! Polo Saloon is VW Vento | Autocar India

It is surpirsing though how quickly they are planning on bringing the sedan with out clearing up the waitlist for the existing Polo and the Diesel Polo as we speak is still 'Coming Soon'.

The Engine options if this article is to be believed is going to start a huge war in this segment. I think they have a winner.

Has anyone else got any other information on this car apart from what is in this article?
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-polosaloonisvwvento31.jpg  

Old 26th April 2010, 16:34   #156
BHPian

"It is surpirsing though how quickly they are planning on bringing the sedan with out clearing up the waitlist for the existing Polo and the Diesel Polo as we speak is still 'Coming Soon"

I second that. They should have waited for a while before planning to launch in July. Although it might be a winner, the waiting period would definitely act as a deterrent.
Old 26th April 2010, 16:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

The rear looks slightly out of proportion and I expected a slightly better design considering how good and proportionate the Polo rear has been made. 106 BHP petrol will not trouble the City at all and unless the price is really good the City will not be unsettled in any way.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
The rear looks slightly out of proportion and I expected a slightly better design considering how good and proportionate the Polo rear has been made. 106 BHP petrol will not trouble the City at all and unless the price is really good the City will not be unsettled in any way.
What the city lacks is a diesel option. This car will provide for just that. Apart from that, the City suffers from poor interior quality which is again the VW's forte.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:29   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

I read the whole story published in the May 2010 issue fo Autocar India. According to them the car will come with a 1.6 105bhp/15.8kgm Petrol and the a 1.6 105bhp/25.5kgm Diesel.

The Petrol engine is a naturally aspirated unit with four valve head and double overhead camshafts. The common rail diesel is a brand new engine and will most probably come with 105bhp. The TSi engine wont be coming as selling it under 10 lakhs car will prove too costly. The Diesel's performance is predicted close to Verna CRDi's considering the power to weight ratio.

The wheelbase has been extended to the increase the legroom at rear. The Vento is same as the Polo till the B pillar.

Going by the pictures published the boot looks very integrated and it surely does not look like an afterjob like Dzire and Manza.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th April 2010 at 17:31.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:32   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
What the city lacks is a diesel option. This car will provide for just that. Apart from that, the City suffers from poor interior quality which is again the VW's forte.
Yes I agree apart from Verna and the aging Fiesta there is no high quality diesel car in the upper mid segment. The interiors of the City are nice but the quality of the plastics used in knobs and switches is downright pathetic. But I doubt if interior space will be better than the City considering how small the Polo is at the rear. If priced well the City will definitely lose some of its customers to the Vento diesel and also Maruti will have to get its diesel SX4 in asap.

Last edited by SPARKled : 26th April 2010 at 17:37.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:33   #161
BHPian

Isn't there any other website/ magazine that is reporting that this will be launched in July? Considering that July is not very far away, this should have been all over the news and the internet. I am finding this report hard to rely on considering that the Polo is not yet launched in a full fledged manner with all the engines that were initially published.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:38   #162
Senior - BHPian

I like the name VENTO.

I hate the Polo's drab interiors and I just hope they have better ones on this. Also pricing this around 8 - 9 Lacs OTR for the mid diesel variant would make this one a winner.

I love its front as well unlike the Swift to Dezire Copy ! This one is a much neater Polo to Vento copy.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:41   #163
Senior - BHPian

It looks decent and VW brand will attract many customers.

But launching it in July sounds like soon, we have already heard some bad experience with VW dealerships. I think they need to focus more on Polo sales and service network now.

They will be able to sell Vento because of brand image and quality but A.S.S is the key to car business in the long run. Hope VW management is already working on this.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:50   #164
Senior - BHPian

Hatch not Sedan coming in July-10

When I visited the VW showroom few weeks ago, the brochure stated the specs of 1.5 litre engine as well. Those were the same but the dimensions were same as that of the hatchback (I have the brochure in my home). I contemplate it would be the hatch that would be launched in Jul-10.

Further, the salesman had informed that their training for the Sedan hasn't been conducted, & expect the sedan by the year-end only.

Hence, do not expect the sedan by mid-year, unless there is surprise in store from VW, coupled with never ending delivery waits.

Sorry Guys...
Old 26th April 2010, 17:56   #165
BHPian

Yes. Year end sounds more realistic to me. If they lauch it as soon as they claim they would, they would be really struggling to meet the demand. As it is they have a huge waitlist to deliver one car the second engine option of which is yet to come out. In my opinion, they will be quadrupling their trouble if they launch this car this soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed