Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 12:32   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
I didn't mean no one buys Venta, all I am saying is this would not a groundbreaking success, if it is priced the same as City. (Not sure if it can sell better than Linea either...)

I am closing following this thread as I am waiting for the release of Vento (and new Fiesta's release which is not going to be in the near future :-( ).

If there is no price difference, I would put my money on City.
I have observed (from my research) that VW cars are give high mileage as in case of Toyota & Honda. So (in my opinoion) it will be a difficult time for City when both Vento & Etios (sedan) are launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
If this costs the same as the City, why would anyone buy the antiquated City over the new Vento?

Different people want different things, and some may prefer one, and some the other. Let the Vento become available, and the picture will become clearer once we get GTO's review.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:38   #197
Senior - BHPian

Classic case of Euro vs Jap

@Smarti If this costs the same as city, why would someone buy the Vento over the proven City? beats me...

Well, It will be classic case of Euro v/s Jap.

Currently, the choices have clear shortcomings as posted in my earlier post. Even the Honda City has poor interior quality.

In India, Honda and Toyota enjoy tremendous brand recall and trust (which I think is slightly inflated but I can't doubt Jap reliability) whereas VW has got premium feel but not the trust (at least not till now).

Vento will the following trump cards :

1) Better than City interiors+ exteriors ( in terms of quality)
2) Diesel engine (Honda will never offer that; in fact they don't have one small enough)
3) VW brand ( Well, debatable 'coz in India Japs have tremendous following but some may still prefer the premium feel of owning a VW)

Finally, I don't think that VW will beat Honda in sales, but I think that City will for the first time have a genuine competitor. (Matches Honda on brand and quality). I think a lot of other brands have suffered because Honda enjoys the higher brand value compared to Fords, Chevrolets, Hyundai and certainly Fiat.

Abhi.
Old 7th May 2010, 17:30   #198
BHPian

Polo Sedan

Note from Mod : Please make sure you provide a source link when you use photos that are not your own. Do "report post" with the link so moderators can add it to your post.

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sas.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-saa.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-adad.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-sdfgy.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-photo0048.jpg

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-photo0039.jpg

The Polo Sedan & Polo

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2010 at 20:04. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 7th May 2010, 17:39   #199
BHPian

Wow are these images from ACI magazine? The looks are pretty good.
If they get 7-9 lac price range, they can nail it well.
Old 7th May 2010, 17:46   #200
Senior - BHPian

Rs.7-9 lacs is mouth watering price. Definitely VW is going to have bad time managing the demand. Tough competition for City, even tougher for SX4, Fiesta, etc.
Old 7th May 2010, 17:50   #201
BHPian

The Most Awaiting and Powerful Engine From VW - 1.6 Petrol and 1.6 TDi (turbo ) in affordable price
Old 7th May 2010, 17:58   #202
mkh
Senior - BHPian

7 lacs may have just a basic version, and mind you that is the EX showroom prices mentioned. If the top end version is 9 lacs, its just 30K less than the Honda City VMT, wonder what is mouth watering about that esp since most people feel that the honda cars are about 50k-1 lac more than what they are worth(minus the price for the "badge")
A competitive sedan, capable of beating the city is the linea minus the negative of FIAT support, anyone who can get this quality of product, add a little more power and support it properly, they can compete. By compete i will mean 2k a month sales. I doubt VW will have that much capacity should the demand be that, which will mean waiting period and again a -ve for their campaign.
Sounds easy, but to summarize
Get the price a lac lower than city, and put as much as the city has in terms of features etc
Get a decent dealer network
Support it well and have enough to deliver(maybe 1-2 months waiting, but not like the atrocious 4 months!)
Old 7th May 2010, 18:08   #203
Senior - BHPian

That looks like a bad PS job to me! Not the Vento for real.
Old 7th May 2010, 18:15   #204
BHPian

Features in VW Vento/polo basic variant cars
- Front two power window
- power steering
- central locking with key

with and 1.6 engine

for Indian market its a very big thing. hope the waiting period and dealer network would be fine.
Old 7th May 2010, 18:22   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
That looks like a bad PS job to me! Not the Vento for real.
Yup. The Autocar rendering of the Vento looks amateurish. Should look better in real.
Old 7th May 2010, 18:27   #206
BHPian

Shardul:

Sorry if it's OT, your profile says you work with VW QA, so tempted to ask questions

1. Could you throw some light on why there are delivery delays?

2. I would like to know in what way is VW A*S*S be different from Skoda? Maybe you may not know but just your perspective.

Lastly any plans for DSG on the sedan?

Cheers,
Old 7th May 2010, 18:49   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
7 lacs may have just a basic version, and mind you that is the EX showroom prices mentioned. If the top end version is 9 lacs, its just 30K less than the Honda City VMT, wonder what is mouth watering about that esp since most people feel that the honda cars are about 50k-1 lac more than what they are worth(minus the price for the "badge")
A competitive sedan, capable of beating the city is the linea minus the negative of FIAT support, anyone who can get this quality of product, add a little more power and support it properly, they can compete. By compete i will mean 2k a month sales. I doubt VW will have that much capacity should the demand be that, which will mean waiting period and again a -ve for their campaign.
Sounds easy, but to summarize
Get the price a lac lower than city, and put as much as the city has in terms of features etc
Get a decent dealer network
Support it well and have enough to deliver(maybe 1-2 months waiting, but not like the atrocious 4 months!)
VW Vento version (say - Trendline) that is priced Rs.7 Lacs ex-showroom in Delhi (my current location) sells under Rs.8 lacs OTR. This is still Rs.1 lac less than the City base model that retails over Rs.9 lacs here.
VW cars may not be as eager performer as Hondas, but they are in the same position as far as FE is concerned.
These days (at the international level) VW quality is amongst the best (including Honda).
(FE & Quality is the cause why City outsells all competitors)
VW is a European brand, it will definitely have a higher brand value than the Maruti types, say at par with Honda.
I have read that Vento's wheelbase is 50mm more than Polo, thus will be more spacious than Polo, but could be a lesser than Honda.
Ride if the car is far more comfortable than City (considering Polo's ride).
Availability of Diesel Motor is a plus.
Interiors are solid & good looking (in the Polo).

Hence, I quoted the pricing as mouth watering.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:18   #208
BHPian

Quote:
If the top end version is 9 lacs, its just 30K less than the Honda City VMT, wonder what is mouth watering about that esp since most people feel that the honda cars are about 50k-1 lac more than what they are worth(minus the price for the "badge")
Just note that the top end will be a Diesel and not a petrol as in City.
Also you are comparing a base version of City to Top version of Vento @ 9 Lakhs.
I believe the price difference will be similar to that of City and Linea.

Quote:
A competitive sedan, capable of beating the city is the linea minus the negative of FIAT support, anyone who can get this quality of product, add a little more power and support it properly, they can compete.
Not always, You are discounting Verna, SX4 which have comparable sales as that of Linea.

Quote:
By compete i will mean 2k a month sales. I doubt VW will have that much capacity should the demand be that, which will mean waiting period and again a -ve for their campaign.
For VW these are early days. I don't think they will repeat the same mistake of lagging behind the demand.
Also I couldn't understand one point. When the waiting period is more for Swift, Dzire, Fortuner which wasn't negative for those cars, how can this be negative for VW.
The fact that a new entrant to India like VW's cars are having waiting period is itself a pointer that people do value VW brand.
Old 7th May 2010, 20:47   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
First spy shots courtesy spyshots.nl/ secretnewcars.com

Coming to India in Fall 2010.
Attachment 216245

Attachment 216246

Attachment 216247

Attachment 216248

Attachment 216249

Attachment 216250

Attachment 216251

EDIT: Spy pictures of the Polo sedan spotted testing in India

First two pics credit: Motoroids

Attachment 325316

Attachment 325317

Following two pics credit: Member ntrack

Attachment 325318

Attachment 325319
the white car in testing here is a ford clearing why are people getting so exited about VW here again ?
Old 7th May 2010, 21:59   #210
Senior - BHPian

At 7 lakhs base and 9 lakhs it hits the sweet spot for the consumer who wants a bit more premium in the sedan segment.hopefully VW will not skimp on features in the vento.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks