Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 09:21   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ At that size the only car smaller than the Vento is the Swift DZire. For Indian consumer Size of the car does matter, they can never get away with 10 lakh Rupees pricing with this car when a similar looking hatch version is available for half the price.

In the case of Linea, It does not look like a Punto with a boot and it's considerably bigger car.
Old 29th June 2010, 13:28   #452
BHPian

A 10L car with rear legroom like dezire wont sell as much IMO. Im pretty sure that I read in some magazine that the interior space will be comparable to the ANHC which would be almost impossible with a 4.2 mtr car , even if it has a longer wheel base.

If the 4197 mm length mentioned in ACI is indeed true then the top of the line petrol should not be priced more than 8L OTR.

Agreed that its european , its supposed to have a 105 bhp engine but in India the rear legroom factor still counts a lot.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:13   #453
Senior - BHPian

Wait for details

I don't think it will be 4.2m . Companies like VW are old wily foxes. Trust me, they know their stuff!
Old 29th June 2010, 16:29   #454
Senior - BHPian

Add the vento to the already clogged manufacturing line of the VW, with it managing to produce only 1k polos per month,
with Vento adding to the clog, expect only 800 odd Polos permonth . Meaning more waiting time. for both Vento and Polo.
Old 29th June 2010, 17:07   #455
BHPian

I saw a white color car on Mysore highway near to Ramanagar. All the badges were covered, Gowda79 tried taking photo, but the driver said pls dont. First he told its Toyota Sedan, then with his permission we saw the car from inside, seeing the quality it dint look like Toyota. After pestering he told its VW, then it should be Vento. It has a center console, rear seat will be cramped, exterior it looks like an ordinary sedan, probably the badge might give a better look. The Alloys and tyres were good, we dint see any buttons on steering nor a music system.

Seeing this car, i dont think it will compete with Honda, Manza etc. If people goes for brand then yes, it might.

regards
Deepak
Old 29th June 2010, 17:52   #456
BHPian

"can't afford a beetle :( , ok ill buy vento..it' VW! " - I don't see too many ppl saying that. not me, for sure.
Old 29th June 2010, 17:55   #457
BHPian

I dont know about others but for me all Volkswagen products available in india look the same except for beetle
Old 29th June 2010, 19:16   #458
Senior - BHPian

length cannot be 4179. I am sure it is close to 4400.
if you consider the length of Polo hatch + increase in wheelbase+ proportional length of the boot and a sloping rear windscreen. All this cannot happen within 4.2 mtrs.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:00   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
I saw a white color car on Mysore highway near to Ramanagar. All the badges were covered, Gowda79 tried taking photo, but the driver said pls dont. First he told its Toyota Sedan, then with his permission we saw the car from inside, seeing the quality it dint look like Toyota. After pestering he told its VW, then it should be Vento. It has a center console, rear seat will be cramped, exterior it looks like an ordinary sedan, probably the badge might give a better look. The Alloys and tyres were good, we dint see any buttons on steering nor a music system.
What do you mean by center console, or more specifically, what is the specialty about having this? Or do you mean it has gauge pod in the center, like Visa?

If the latter is the case, then this indeed might be a Toyota: It might be Toyota Etios, which has center positioned meter pod. Etios is also due for lauch soon, so they may be testing that one.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:33   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
length cannot be 4179. I am sure it is close to 4400.
if you consider the length of Polo hatch + increase in wheelbase+ proportional length of the boot and a sloping rear windscreen. All this cannot happen within 4.2 mtrs.
I agree with you Guna but this discussion is based on the number mentioned in ACI. The numbers do seem a bit far fetched though.

You can see my post above where I have mentioned that VW had benchmarked ANHC with respect to interior space for Vento and that clearly seems impossible if the Vento is 4.2 mtrs.

What I find weird about VW is Airbags are standard on their models which is a really good thing but ABS starts from the middle model onwards.

In cities like mumbai hard braking is a day to day affair. Not to undermine the importance of Airbags in the city at all, I just feel ABS as an basic option would serve its purpose better or maybe they can give both ABS/Airbags as standard, a first in the segment

Last edited by MihirC : 29th June 2010 at 20:44.
Old 29th June 2010, 21:16   #461
BHPian

Some reports suggest it could be 4.38mts. I don't know the accuracy of this report.
Volkswagen to launch sedan Vento on July 6 in India
Old 29th June 2010, 23:03   #462
oss
BHPian

Quote:
I saw a white color car on Mysore highway near to Ramanagar. All the badges were covered, Gowda79 tried taking photo, but the driver said pls dont. First he told its Toyota Sedan, then with his permission we saw the car from inside, seeing the quality it dint look like Toyota. After pestering he told its VW, then it should be Vento. It has a center console, rear seat will be cramped, exterior it looks like an ordinary sedan, probably the badge might give a better look.
If there is a center console then it ought to be the Etios sedan from Toyota or a Manza CS?!!

Did the rear exterior look like Logan? If yes, then it is Etios for sure
Old 30th June 2010, 10:38   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, Will Vento be worth the wait and money? My dad is planning to switch to Vento from his Fiesta.
His main priorities are Mileage, Service expense, Comfort, interior space.
Suggestions needed.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:55   #464
BHPian

Does someone know how good/bad is VW A.S.S in Hyderabad is? This would be one of the criteria for me next month when I decide Vento vs. ANHC. I haven't managed to find useful information on this in other posts in the forum.

I thought multi brand service centers like CARNATION could be of help in case dealer A.S.S. is bad, but have read mixed reviews about CARNATION. Even if CARNATION was good, I guess I'd still need to rely on dealer A.S.S. for certain things which a multi brand service center wouldn't handle.

Thanks
Old 30th June 2010, 12:21   #465
BHPian

Quote:

Seeing this car, i dont think it will compete with Honda, Manza etc. If people goes for brand then yes, it might.

regards
Deepak
I didn't get the point when you said "seeing the quality it dint look like Toyota". I feel both Toyota and VW produces high quality products. So what did you feel? Was the quality bad / good?

Yes, when partially covered the car looks hopeless. You got to see it in full to appreciate it. Till then it is just imagining.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks