Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 20:01   #586
BHPian

Autocar India has some great press pictures and launch event shots:
Volkswagen Unveils Vento Sedan | Autocar India

Someone had asked about adjusting front seat from rear, here is the picture (from Autocar India) showing the adjustment handle?
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-img_9975.jpg  

Last edited by Raja : 6th July 2010 at 20:02.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:20   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sks_Biker View Post
Diesel 1.6L
Power: 105hp
Torque: 250nm
Woah! That'll be a stonker of an engine! GTO: to the Mumbai-Pune Highway or an airstrip, please
Old 6th July 2010, 20:44   #588
BHPian

Update Economic times table

I updated the ET table with some missing information which is readily available. Please feel free to chime in.

Though, 13.3 kmpl is the mileage mostly quoted here, if you look at the Russian website, 100 divided by 6.5 gives a mileage of 15.3 kmpl. Which is better for a 1.6L and on par with others in its segment.
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-vento.jpg  

Last edited by SunilM : 6th July 2010 at 20:52.
Old 6th July 2010, 20:47   #589
Senior - BHPian

The 185/60 R15 tyres are too skinny for a car this size. I wonder how it would affect ride quality? Even the Fiat Linea gets 205/60 tyres!!

Vento Features: (Trendline)
Exterior
14″ steel wheels with full wheel caps •Chrome inlays in front grille to the left and right of the Volkswagen logo•Body coloured bumpers• Black exterior door handles & mirrors• Halogen headlights• Partially zinc coated body with 6 years anti-rust warranty • Rough road package with increased ground clearance
Interior
Front doors with storage compartments including holder for 1 litre bottle • Rear doors with storage compartments• Storage compartment for sunglasses inside the glove box• Fully lined trunk and trunk floor • Trunk illumination• Foldable roof handles with coat hooks(3x) • Warning triangle holder • Center console including 2 cupholders • Front centre armrest including cupholder for rear seat• Front center console including 12V outlet• Rear seat backrest, Fixed Gear lever surround, inner door handles & AC vents with chrome•2 tone anti-glare dashboard, Black & Beige• Sun visors with ticket holder on driver’s side • Sun visors with vanity mirror on passenger’s side • Livon” fabric upholstery•
Safety & security
Height adjustable 3 points front seat belt•3-point safety belts for rear outboard occupants, lap belt for rear middle occupant• Front headrests and rear headrests, height-adjustable • High mount stop lamp• Day night rear view mirror• Front disc brakes • Electronic immobilizer•
Comfort & Convenience
Power steering, rake & reach adjustable • AC with rear AC vents• Central locking• Push-push’ type fuel lid opener, centrally lockable• Outer rear view mirrors manually adjustable from inside• All four power windows, with driver side one touch down• Electric trunk opening • Rear defogger• White instrument back-lights• Parking lights • Radio preparation with speaker & antenna pre-wiring • Front intermittent wipers• Dust and pollen filter•14″ steel spare wheel
Colours Available
Candy White • Flash Red

Vento Features: Highline (Additional over Trendline)
Exterior
• Body colored outside mirrors and door handles • 15” Alloy wheels • Chrome strip on trunk• Paint, metallic and pearl effect• Chrome finish on front air dam and fog light surrounds • Green wedge at top section of windshield
Interior
Co-driver seat adjustable from rear seat for additional leg room• Interior Chrome package •Genuine leather wrapped steering wheel, gear shift knob, hand brake lever and gear shift boot• Rear centre arm rest • “Livon” superior upholstery
Safety
ABS• Front Airbags for driver and co-driver• Anti Theft system with interior surveillance and back up alarm• Fog light, front & rear
Comfort & Convenience
Electrically adjustable outside mirrors • Climatronic automatic air conditioning •Comfort power windows •Height adjustable driver seat• Remote control for central locking, incl 2 keys • Multi function info display including door opening warning • Radio with CD player MP3 and four speaker including roof Atenna•14” steel spare wheel
Colours Available
Reflex Silver Metallic •Shadow Blue Metallic • Terra Beige Metallic •Deep Black Pearl
Old 6th July 2010, 21:27   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

@theragingbull: Thanks for the detailed features. However, earlier I read somewhere on this thread that all variants have ABS and airbags. But you are saying that base variant does not have that.

Can anyone please confirm if all variants have ABS and airbags or not? It will be sad if these features are not standard across the range. Honda has made a good move to make such safety features standard on all models (even for Jazz), and I thought VW would carry that on.

By the way, the car looks very nice! Clean and elegant design! But as others have said, I also believe this will be priced more than Linea/SX4 and maybe in ANHC territory. There is a chance that the base variant may be closer to the Linea-EP/SX4-ZXi variant, which will mean the top variant goes in the ANHC range.

Thanks,
-AD
Old 6th July 2010, 23:09   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Someone had asked about adjusting front seat from rear, here is the picture (from Autocar India) showing the adjustment handle?
Does driver's seat can be adjusted too...? I hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The 185/60 R15 tyres are too skinny for a car this size. I wonder how it would affect ride quality? Even the Fiat Linea gets 205/60 tyres!!
185 is quite a decent spec IMO. Remember ANHC comes with 175. And Linea has 195 section tyres right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Photos updated..

Courtesy: carwale

Attachment 382317
Which old decade car are those rear lights inspired from?
They could have done a better job. Double barrel ones like jetta wud have been better.

And they should have brought in 1.2 TSI this time.
thanks for that 6 speed auto though.

Front looks almost the same as polo. They should be distinguishable. I hope the final model looks different.

Last edited by vulpine101 : 6th July 2010 at 23:14.
Old 6th July 2010, 23:37   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
185 is quite a decent spec IMO. Remember ANHC comes with 175. And Linea has 195 section tyres right?
Current Linea EP has 195 section tyres. But it was mentioned in one of the other threads that Linea T-jet has 205 section tyres.
Old 7th July 2010, 02:30   #593
Senior - BHPian

The diesel should be the trump card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
14” steel spare wheel
Both variants have a 14" spare wheel? Why would they do that for a car with 15" wheels?

Will it have Electric Power Steering?
Old 7th July 2010, 02:34   #594
Senior - BHPian

Why the hell they cant have a DSG gear box in Diesel.
Old 7th July 2010, 02:55   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Why the hell they cant have a DSG gear box in Diesel.
Because it will be expensive like hell and many Laura owners have had a hellish experience with the DSG gearbox.
Old 7th July 2010, 03:09   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Because it will be expensive like hell and many Laura owners have had a hellish experience with the DSG gearbox.
I thought DSG was one of the best gear box. What kinda problem did they had?
Old 7th July 2010, 03:21   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes good gear box with high maintenance and failure rate too...
Old 7th July 2010, 03:52   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, on paper, on the road it was anything but. Here are a couple of links to take a look at, I am sure it's reported on teambhp too.

VW DSG Transmission Problem Leads to Recall - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

Volkswagen Will Repair DSG Transmissions on 53,300 Vehicles - Car and Driver Blog

Searching on Google also reveals gear slipping problems. Although they might have ironed out the flaws, in my opinion, it is not worth the headache or the money.
Old 7th July 2010, 06:43   #599
BHPian

The clean design, specs... wow! Vento (Highline) is the one I've been waiting for 5 years as the worthy successor to my Baleno!!
Old 7th July 2010, 07:31   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Both variants have a 14" spare wheel? Why would they do that for a car with 15" wheels?
Standard practice in the western world - the spare is a smaller tyre with lower rating that is meant to take you to the repair shop.. Forces you to get back to the repaired tyre. Keeps costs and the space in the boot down..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks