Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 20:03   #616
Senior - BHPian

Is it true

Quote:
Another nice touch is the two-tone dark brown/beige interiors combo.
Can anybody confirm this? This is from the ACI website. What's the problem with the cool Black-Beige interiors of POLO?

I absolutely dislike the interiors of i20, due to 'brown' (quality is decent for a Hyundai though). Has anybody seen that? Any pics?
Old 7th July 2010, 22:06   #617
BHPian

Any news on the Polo 1.6 hatch?
Old 7th July 2010, 22:15   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Can anybody confirm this? This is from the ACI website. What's the problem with the cool Black-Beige interiors of POLO?

I absolutely dislike the interiors of i20, due to 'brown' (quality is decent for a Hyundai though). Has anybody seen that? Any pics?
Even i am not a fan of Brown-Beige interiors but the sad fact is Indian customers think 'Beige' as luxury. I would love to see optional Black interiors, even at a cost.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:31   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
These links mention issues/recalls. Does not anywhere say that the DSG system itself is flawed.
Remember Bugatti Veyron, Audi R8 etc uses DSG gearbox. Would vw be taking chances with these ultra expensive and high performance products if DSG system was a failure?
It is like saying Prius is a bad car because it was recalled.
And more over a recall has been done means the issue is found and rectified, which also means that newer cars wont have those problems.
Well, it is not like the Prius example you gave. It is a sophisticated system but it's quite new, and there are problems one that haven't been ironed out till date. Skoda forums internationally have been inundated with complaints (just Google it, you won't have to try too hard) about leaking oil, gears slipping and so on.

Take a look at this link: DSG - 7 speed problems - BRISKODA.net - Page 2 - The Skoda Forum and Community

If you care to read through, you'll see that it's an Indian car owner's Laura, whose gearbox failed at 10K kms. While it is indeed exciting as a technology, I don't think this makes too much sense in the Indian context, mainly because this drives up costs significantly with hardly any tangible benefits during regular use.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:12   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I personally feel that the all black interier in Russian version looks more sporty.... Atleast VW could have given a option to choose interiors. VW Polo can be configured but again not much in the interiar department.

+1 to that. The black interiors look way better than the beige & grey combo. I hope they offer options of going in for black/grey.

Actually it's a matter of time before options on interior colours becomes a reality (atleast I hope it does)

Cheers
Old 8th July 2010, 10:47   #621
BHPian

and why have we been denied controls on steering wheel while the russians get it?
Old 8th July 2010, 10:51   #622
aby
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
and why have we been denied controls on steering wheel while the russians get it?
I think we might hold our horses till the final feature list is out. However in case it is true, I believe it might have to do with getting the cost to SX4 territory rather than the ANHC one.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:54   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Even i am not a fan of Brown-Beige interiors but the sad fact is Indian customers think 'Beige' as luxury. I would love to see optional Black interiors, even at a cost.
You are right, Beige has an appeal when new, but it is a real pain to maintain it (this is out of personal experience).
Old 8th July 2010, 11:15   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
You are right, Beige has an appeal when new, but it is a real pain to maintain it (this is out of personal experience).
IMO, Indian fascination for fairer shade (skin or otherwise) has led to manufacturers putting Beige interiors... remember Swift Glam edition with Beige interiors.

But, I do not think maintaining any shade is different from others... even black or grey with dust marks & spots would look ugly.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2010, 11:46   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VW has revealed the car to the media. Vento will be launched near Diwali. Pricing details have not been declared yet. The AT option will only be available with Petrol version. The car will come with rear AC vents(The real ones, unlike Hyundai i20). More details can be read here.

Volkswagen Vento 1st opinion by Indian autos Blog, pictures | Indian Autos blog

'The Volkswagen Vento which would be pitted against the Honda City, Fiat Linea, Ford Fiesta and the Hyundai Verna Transform, could be priced between 7.25 to 9 lakh Rupees

Read more: Volkswagen Vento 1st opinion by Indian autos Blog, pictures | Indian Autos blog'

'
Powerful 1.6 petrol and diesel engines and the 6-speed automatic (which is offered only on the 1.6 petrol) is very sensible option for urban commutes.

> Adjustment lever for front seat travel from rear is a nice touch and is exclusive on the Indian Vento.

> Rear seat is a flat bench and not contoured hence can seat 3 comfortably.

> Rear A/C vents are a nice touch and has two adjustments for the blower to satisfy passengers on either side of the vent (unlike the Linea).

Read more: Volkswagen Vento 1st opinion by Indian autos Blog, pictures | Indian Autos blog'

'There are only two trim levels, Trendline and Highline and we feel the the Trendline is under-equipped. Not even a music system is offered in the base version.

> VW India offers the Vento Trendline only in two colour options (White and Red) and the car comes with black rear view mirrors and door handles.

> Only a 14″ steel wheel is offered as a spare on the Vento Highline which runs on 15″ alloys.

> Though from the outside the Vento seems to have a spacious boot, in real the boot is quite small when compared to what the competition offers. The wheel wells and suspension struts eat into the boot space.

'
Old 8th July 2010, 11:51   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IMO, Indian fascination for fairer shade (skin or otherwise) has led to manufacturers putting Beige interiors... remember Swift Glam edition with Beige interiors.

But, I do not think maintaining any shade is different from others... even black or grey with dust marks & spots would look ugly.
However the dark shades (greys / Browns, not black) hide the minor spots and dust well.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:56   #627
Senior - BHPian

7-9 lakhs seems to be the right price range:

Petrol: 7 (base) -> 8 (Highline) -> 9 (Highline + AT)
Diesel: 8 (base) -> 9 (Highline)
Old 8th July 2010, 12:12   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, in whole Europe, black interiors are the norm.

Frankly, I am ok with 'Black-Beige' interiors. I think the combination has been tastefully done in POLO. What I am skeptical is the 'Brown-Beige' interiors. I think 'Brown' will look cheapo!

I also think that the interiors in cars like SX4 and i20 have 'brown' just to make them different from 'black-beige' combo (I think the interior quality of i20 is fine;not the colour)

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 8th July 2010 at 12:14.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:25   #629
BHPian

IMO that the interior design is nearly a decade old. Somehow, I am always reminded of an Alto when I see the dashboard. It is engineered well no doubt, but aesthetically it's scores very low for me. And the Trendline is terribly spec'd. A mid-trim is badly needed or sales is unlikely to be good after the initial euphoria dies down.
So far, no reason for me to change my decision on booking a Fiesta :-)
Old 8th July 2010, 12:28   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
However the dark shades (greys / Browns, not black) hide the minor spots and dust well.
Yes you are correct, they tend to carry off in those situations, unlike the beige and other lighter shades.
However, when they loose lustre they look unappealing. And those nasty minute dust particles actually make the dash feel rough & the interiors dirty. I would rush to apply the shiner (wax), only if I am that particular (though my car is not at all dirty ).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed