Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 12:39   #631
Senior - BHPian

No one can beat VW when it comes to advertising!
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-volkswagenventoindialaunch17.jpg  

Old 8th July 2010, 13:42   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni_s View Post
IMO that the interior design is nearly a decade old. Somehow, I am always reminded of an Alto when I see the dashboard. It is engineered well no doubt, but aesthetically it's scores very low for me. And the Trendline is terribly spec'd. A mid-trim is badly needed or sales is unlikely to be good after the initial euphoria dies down.
So far, no reason for me to change my decision on booking a Fiesta :-)
I agree, its a very conventional design, especially the dashboard...nothing new, looks a very traditional oldish design.

Also,
NO dead clutch
NO steering wheel controls
NO start/stop button
NO bluetooth

In a 9-10 lakh car, these must be included. i am waiting for the 2011 Fiesta to launch...i love its funky design and features.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:51   #633
Senior - BHPian

same interiors as the polo. I hate it when these europeans take us for granted.

They the interiors of the Polo and the vento are Exactly the same. while there is a diff in the rear leg room and the engine, we would love to see changes in the interiors.

i think vw should realize we indians love to show off our cars to our neighbours, friends, relatives, imagine : 'look at my new Vento from the inside, oopss its exactly the same as the cheaper polo'.

very bad from vw.

cheers,
ac
Old 8th July 2010, 14:57   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Most hatch derived sedans share the same interiors, Punto-Linea, Swift-Dzire, Indica-Indigo, Vista-Manza all share the same interiors. So why blame only VW?

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th July 2010 at 14:58.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:11   #635
BHPian

there's HUGE difference in interiors of Manza and Vista. Central console to start with ...
Old 8th July 2010, 15:18   #636
Senior - BHPian

I really like the understated look of the dashboard in both Polo and Vento. Very high quality of materials inside make all the difference. For those who dislike the interiors, sit inside it and I'm sure you'll change your opinion. IMO, this is anyday much better than the ANHC, Fiesta, Linea.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:25   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ Most hatch derived sedans share the same interiors, Punto-Linea, Swift-Dzire, Indica-Indigo, Vista-Manza all share the same interiors. So why blame only VW?
other than the punto linea, the price difference between the hatch - sedan is not much, and hence one can understand that to keep costs low, there is sharing of equipment.

but in this case one is paying a premium. and hence there has to be a different look and feel. the dashboard is not soft touch too. Hell, swift gives a soft touch dashboard.

cheers,
ac
Old 8th July 2010, 15:38   #638
Senior - BHPian

The dashboard design is obviously kept same to minimise costs,anyway it doesnt look bad.VW group is always known for its understated design,so should not expect any different.
Surprisingly Start-Stop button is already becoming a deal breaker in cars!.Kudos to Nissan
Old 8th July 2010, 16:10   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Well, in whole Europe, black interiors are the norm.

Frankly, I am ok with 'Black-Beige' interiors. I think the combination has been tastefully done in POLO. What I am skeptical is the 'Brown-Beige' interiors. I think 'Brown' will look cheapo!

I also think that the interiors in cars like SX4 and i20 have 'brown' just to make them different from 'black-beige' combo (I think the interior quality of i20 is fine;not the colour)
We are not disliking the interiors.. we are just hoping that VW could have given a option to choose interiors.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 8th July 2010 at 16:16.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:16   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
What next?
Probably adaptive cruise control , when most cars don't have cruise control as standard
Old 8th July 2010, 16:30   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Probably adaptive cruise control , when most cars don't have cruise control as standard
I would love to have more safety equipment like curtain airbags, All wheel disc brakes, ESP etc. before all that fancy stuff.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:34   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Surprisingly Start-Stop button is already becoming a deal breaker in cars!.Kudos to Nissan
I really doubt if it is going to be a deal breaker. Actually there would be many who will still like cranking the engine the old way .
I know this is OT, but I don't know how exactly this button works. Is it like in Outlander, where you just need to have the actual key in your pocket?
How are different positions (positon I II III as in convention ignition & a key) achieved in a button? My AT doesn't allow me to pull out the ignition key if the car is in 'gear'. How are these 'fail safe' mechanismas achieved in case of a button?
On the other hand, if you need to insert the key and still need to push a button, that isn't very smart.

Last edited by Guna : 8th July 2010 at 16:36.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:09   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
They the interiors of the Polo and the vento are Exactly the same. while there is a diff in the rear leg room and the engine, we would love to see changes in the interiors.

i think vw should realize we indians love to show off our cars to our neighbours, friends, relatives, imagine : 'look at my new Vento from the inside, oopss its exactly the same as the cheaper polo'.

very bad from vw.
Well that is part of the problem, isnt it? The Vento is the same as the CHEAPER Polo here, but in the rest of the world, the Vento is the same inside as the MORE EXPENSIVE polo.

It is the hatchback owners who are wondering why they are paying so much for a hatch when the Vento is priced a couple thousand (local currency unit here) cheaper.

That is purely down to the fact that the Vento is the cost-cut lummox.
Out here our usual show-off-the-midget-sedan attitude is what gets us a half baked hatch to undercut the equally half baked sedan.

There were many of us hoping for the Polo to launch AT LEAST with features in the Indian/ Russian versions of the VENTO. That didnt happen, but obviously the parts are there and the platform has not been so radically modified that they are not able to add the good bits on later.
Now that those bits are showing up on the Vento, people are complaining about that too?
Give the poor souls who wanted a decent hatch a break. All we can do is hope the mythical 1.6 hatch will have the stuff they have on the Vento. (without that ridiculous rear-seat access to front seat adjustment~ your kids are going to keep kicking that lever all the way from your home to your destination)

Last edited by crackingride : 8th July 2010 at 17:16.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:21   #644
Senior - BHPian

I like the sparse, clean look of the dash, less nooks and corners for the dust to accumulate.

And with all the fancy gadgetry that we are dreaming of, we are probably looking at 11 lac + Car.

Start Stop button, reminds more of a Bus and you still might have to insert the key, (unless we get some kind o biometric identification to authorise the start) we can also think the old time Jeeps with a stop button.

As regards to other gizmos like Cruise Control, Auto Lights, Rain Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitoring, Steering mounted audio controls, etc etc, are more of a feel good equipment rather than a major utility (No offence meant as this is strictly going by personal experience with my present vehicle).

All wheel disc brakes, ABS & EBD, definately Yes from the safety point of view, but better as options rather than standard versions.

May be once our car market matures more we may have the option to customise and order the regular cars as per the budget and requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The dashboard design is obviously kept same to minimise costs,anyway it doesnt look bad.VW group is always known for its understated design,so should not expect any different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I would love to have more safety equipment like curtain airbags, All wheel disc brakes, ESP etc. before all that fancy stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I really doubt if it is going to be a deal breaker. Actually there would be many who will still like cranking the engine the old way
I know this is OT, but I don't know how exactly this button works. Is it like in Outlander, where you just need to have the actual key in your pocket?
How are different positions (positon I II III as in convention ignition & a key) achieved in a button? My AT doesn't allow me to pull out the ignition key if the car is in 'gear'. How are these 'fail safe' mechanismas achieved in case of a button?
On the other hand, if you need to insert the key and still need to push a button, that isn't very smart.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:24   #645
Senior - BHPian

@Guna You should check out the Micra test drive in the test drive threads.GTO has done a fabulous job of clearing all doubts as to how this stop/start,keyless system works.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks