Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 18:11   #646
Senior - BHPian

This is news

Quote:
and hence there has to be a different look and feel. the dashboard is not soft touch too. Hell, swift gives a soft touch dashboard.
Are you talking about the same Swift that I own I mean, I love my car for multiple reasons, but interior quality is not one of them. It has a lot of rattles though, apart from terrific performance.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:25   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
@Guna You should check out the Micra test drive in the test drive threads.GTO has done a fabulous job of clearing all doubts as to how this stop/start,keyless system works.
Just read it. Thanks for pointing.
As per the report, you can potentially make the mistake of walking with the key while the engine is on (of course they have 'beeping' to alert you). Another thing which is somewhat un-intuitive is you press the 'button' if you just want to listen to music (or put the headlights on??) and press the button with your feet on the clutch to start the engine.
Point here is, not everyone will like it, so it can't be a deal breaker.
Old 8th July 2010, 19:17   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Well that is part of the problem, isnt it? The Vento is the same as the CHEAPER Polo here, but in the rest of the world, the Vento is the same inside as the MORE EXPENSIVE polo.

It is the hatchback owners who are wondering why they are paying so much for a hatch when the Vento is priced a couple thousand (local currency unit here) cheaper.

That is purely down to the fact that the Vento is the cost-cut lummox.
Out here our usual show-off-the-midget-sedan attitude is what gets us a half baked hatch to undercut the equally half baked sedan.

There were many of us hoping for the Polo to launch AT LEAST with features in the Indian/ Russian versions of the VENTO. That didnt happen, but obviously the parts are there and the platform has not been so radically modified that they are not able to add the good bits on later.
Now that those bits are showing up on the Vento, people are complaining about that too?
Give the poor souls who wanted a decent hatch a break. All we can do is hope the mythical 1.6 hatch will have the stuff they have on the Vento. (without that ridiculous rear-seat access to front seat adjustment~ your kids are going to keep kicking that lever all the way from your home to your destination)
+1 to that!! Definitely not that "ridiculous rear-seat access to front seat adjustment" You are absolutely right. Anyway, what is the advantage with this option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Just read it. Thanks for pointing.
As per the report, you can potentially make the mistake of walking with the key while the engine is on (of course they have 'beeping' to alert you). Another thing which is somewhat un-intuitive is you press the 'button' if you just want to listen to music (or put the headlights on??) and press the button with your feet on the clutch to start the engine.
Point here is, not everyone will like it, so it can't be a deal breaker.
"Start-Stop Button" - A deal breaker? What are we buying a car for?
Old 8th July 2010, 21:27   #649
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when we would be getting a formal test drive report by GTO. I am eagerly waiting for the same.

Is TBHP invited to do a test report? Any news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
What next?
Dont think we need to be shocked. We never know going by the way things are it might be a regular in all the new launches.

Remember when people saw in Cruze they said, wow, then when in Micra they said OK good.

Nothing wrong is asking why not for launches like Vento.
Old 10th July 2010, 11:10   #650
Senior - BHPian

This report will be eagerly awaited, and would be helpful for many of us who are just waiting for the bookings to open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Any idea when we would be getting a formal test drive report by GTO. I am eagerly waiting for the same.
Is TBHP invited to do a test report? Any news?
Dont think we need to be shocked. We never know going by the way things are it might be a regular in all the new launches.
Remember when people saw in Cruze they said, wow, then when in Micra they said OK good.
Nothing wrong is asking why not for launches like Vento.
Old 11th July 2010, 21:07   #651
BHPian

Has any dealer across country started accepting the bookings for Vento?
Old 12th July 2010, 01:01   #652
BHPian

HI..

as i had requested VW showroom sales person(from palace grounds, bangalore) to inform me about booking...he had called me last wednesday that i can book the vehicle if i want.

but no info on the ex-showroom pricing..and no idea whether 1.6 TDi will be released along with petrol..
Old 12th July 2010, 08:36   #653
Senior - BHPian

Saw the VENTO on a show yesterday. Had VW introduced it before the POLO it would have succeeded big time, the POLO hatch connection takes away something from the VENTO.

People might think that it is a INDIGO, DZIRE kinda boot added on car, but it looks complete, as if conceived on a clean sheet of paper and sharing the parts bin for lights, grill and panels from the POLO
Old 12th July 2010, 09:14   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Saw the VENTO on a show yesterday. Had VW introduced it before the POLO it would have succeeded big time, the POLO hatch connection takes away something from the VENTO.

People might think that it is a INDIGO, DZIRE kinda boot added on car, but it looks complete, as if conceived on a clean sheet of paper and sharing the parts bin for lights, grill and panels from the POLO
Was the show in Bangalore and is it displayed in any of the showrooms?
Old 12th July 2010, 12:56   #655
Senior - BHPian

Checked up in Mumbai. They told me that the bookings start from 14th Aug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
HI..

as i had requested VW showroom sales person(from palace grounds, bangalore) to inform me about booking...he had called me last wednesday that i can book the vehicle if i want.

but no info on the ex-showroom pricing..and no idea whether 1.6 TDi will be released along with petrol..
Old 12th July 2010, 13:19   #656
BHPian

Got an e-mail from VW Mumbai:

Quote:
from VW SALES <sales@vw-shamancars.co.in>
to xxxxxxxxxxindustries@gmail.com
date Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM
subject Re: Availability / Booking Opening for VW Vento

hide details 8:59 AM (4 hours ago)

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Volkswagen Downtown Mumbai

Thank you for taking interest in Volkswagen products.

Volkswagen Vento price lauch will take place on 14th July 2010, thereafter we will accept bookings.

Given intimation by Volkswagen we will start delivery of the Vento by September.

Thanks & Regards,
Ryan D'souza
Sales Consultant
Volkswagen Downtown Mumbai
M/s Shaman Cars Pvt. Ltd., Sumer Apt., Shankar Ghanekar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400 025.
+91-9870001388 OR 9167208957 ( +91-6604 4444 | F- 2422 7272

----- Original Message ----- From: "xxxxxxxxx Industries" <xxxxxxxxxxindustries@gmail.com>
To: <Sales@Vw-Shamancars.co.in>
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:28 PM
Subject: Availability / Booking Opening for VW Vento

Hi,
I just wanted to get more information about the probable date of opening of bookings for the VW Vento as I am interested in the 1.6TDi Highline. As mentioned in the papers, deliveries will start in October.

Kindly respond on further information in due course.

Best Regards.

For xxxxxxxxxx INDUSTRIES,

Anil J. Kalvani
++91-98673-xxxxx
Sent for xxxxxxxx Industries...
from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Last edited by anilkalvani : 12th July 2010 at 13:22.
Old 12th July 2010, 13:24   #657
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Spoke to Rayan, he has reconfirmed that the Price launch is 14th Aug, they start the bookings on the same day.

[quote=anilkalvani;1978198]Got an e-mail from VW Mumbai:
Quote:
from VW SALES to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com date Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM subject Re: Availability / Booking Opening for VW Vento hide details 8:59 AM (4 hours ago) Dear Sir, Greetings from Volkswagen Downtown Mumbai Thank you for taking interest in Volkswagen products. Volkswagen Vento price lauch will take place on 14th July 2010, thereafter we will accept bookings. Given intimation by Volkswagen we will start delivery of the Vento by September. Thanks & Regards, Ryan D'souza Sales Consultant Volkswagen Downtown Mumbai M/s Shaman Cars Pvt. Ltd., Sumer Apt., Shankar Ghanekar Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400 025. +91-9870001388 OR 9167208957 ( +91-6604 4444 | F- 2422 7272 To: Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 1:28 PM Subject: Availability / Booking Opening for VW Vento Hi, I just wanted to get more information about the probable date of opening of bookings for the VW Vento as I am interested in the 1.6TDi Highline. As mentioned in the papers, deliveries will start in October. Kindly respond on further information in due course. Best Regards. For XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, Anil J. Kalvani ++91-XXXXX-XXXXX Sent for XXXXXXXXXXXX... from BlackBerry® on Airtel
Old 12th July 2010, 13:26   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

What's the response on the VW dealers in Mumbai ? Is Shaman better or the other one in thane?

Shaman did not have the best reputation as a Ford dealer if I remember correctly.

Any idea when the TD cars will be available ?
Old 12th July 2010, 13:49   #659
Senior - BHPian

As per the VW wbsite there is only one dealer Shaman in Mumbai the other (KSM) is in Navi Mumbai.

Dealer Name: Volkswagen Downtown Mumbai
(Shaman Cars Pvt Ltd)
Sumer Apartments, Shankar Ghanekar Marg
Prabhadevi
Mumbai- 400025
State: Maharashtra
Landline Number: 022- 66044444
Email: Sales@Vw-Shamancars.co.in
Head Of Sales Mobile Number: 9820660423

Dealer Name: Volkswagen Navi Mumbai,
(KSM Motors Pvt Ltd)
45/46, Sector 1, Near Juinagar Railway Station
Sion Panvel Highway, Nerul
Navi Mumbai - 400706
State: Maharashtra
Landline Number: 022 ? 64570660 - 675
Email: Jaspal.singh@Vw-Ksmmotors.co.in
Head Of Sales Mobile Number: +91 9820855200

No news on the TD cars as yet, probably after the 14th Aug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What's the response on the VW dealers in Mumbai ? Is Shaman better or the other one in thane?
Shaman did not have the best reputation as a Ford dealer if I remember correctly.
Any idea when the TD cars will be available ?
Old 12th July 2010, 15:01   #660
BHPian

[quote=m_upreti;1978205]Hi, Spoke to Rayan, he has reconfirmed that the Price launch is 14th Aug, they start the bookings on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Got an e-mail from VW Mumbai:
Is it 14th July or August? anilkalvani's update with the mail transcript has the date as 14th July.

Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed