Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 17:19   #661
Senior - BHPian

Thats the reason I called up, confirmed from 2 places, the date is 14th Aug.

[quote=sureshaddagalla;1978385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi, Spoke to Rayan, he has reconfirmed that the Price launch is 14th Aug, they start the bookings on the same day.

Is it 14th July or August? anilkalvani's update with the mail transcript has the date as 14th July.

Thanks
Old 12th July 2010, 17:55   #662
BHPian

[quote=m_upreti;1978646]Thats the reason I called up, confirmed from 2 places, the date is 14th Aug.

Thanks, thought that could have been a mistake.

Guys, no mention of AUX/USB support for the audio system (the polo doesn't have it). Is it not there or we wouldn't know until the full specs are out?
Old 13th July 2010, 11:17   #663
BHPian

Just to corroborate your information: The dealer in Chennai said that the prices would be launched between the 7th and the 14th of August. Deliveries would come in by the end of september. Bookings can begin as soon as the prices are announced or at best week -1 before prices are announced.

However, I guess i would like to read the reviews by GTO and ACI as well as test driver the car myself before buying it. So i think il probably book it in september.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:36   #664
BHPian

more pics from my side.
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-img_1959.jpg  

VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-img_1961.jpg  

Old 14th July 2010, 09:34   #665
Senior - BHPian

It looks good, but the rear screams fiesta from this angle. VW Delhi south confirmed august first week price launch and display.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:31   #666
BHPian

@AdityaBenz - Great Shots. I agree with SidIndica that it looks like a cross between a Polo and a Fiesta. Lets hope its 1.6 engine makes it a further cross with the Verna!

Any Shots of the interiors and also the exterior from other angles?
Old 14th July 2010, 12:32   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityabenz View Post
more pics from my side.
Excellent pics, looks classy in the profile, cant wait to see it in flesh (metal ).

Another Dealership added in Mumbai, Global Gallarie, in Thane (into M&M as of now)

[quote=acidkill However, I guess i would like to read the reviews by GTO and ACI as well as test driver the car myself before buying it. So i think il probably book it in september .[/quote]

GTO request you to keep us abrest of the developments in this front.

Last edited by m_upreti : 14th July 2010 at 12:34.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:37   #668
Senior - BHPian

have heard the 1.6 tdi, sounds like ace magic

cheers,
ac
Old 14th July 2010, 13:53   #669
BANNED

is there going to be an automatic in this thing at all ? if yes and a bigger engine this is my next car hopefully this diwali then
Old 14th July 2010, 14:28   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What's the response on the VW dealers in Mumbai ? Is Shaman better or the other one in thane?

Shaman did not have the best reputation as a Ford dealer if I remember correctly.

Any idea when the TD cars will be available ?
Sahil,
I went to check out the VW line up at Shaman VW.
Was not at all impressed by them. As I went on a sunday to check out the Polo, their was quite a big rush.
The first thing that hit me, was the size of the showroom. It is very small!! Also, I did not see any sales people helping prospective customers out. I went and checked out the Passat and Jetta, and even though we were interested in the Passat (had a flexible budget), the lack of interest shown to me, and other customers there had me walk right out, and go over to Shaman's Honda dealership, where even my driver was treated with respect.
Comparing this to other companies such as Toyota during the launch of the Innova, VW has a lot to do to handle the rush the Polo is creating.
I remember that during the Innova launch, the sales people were trying their best to help everyone out, and had even hired a few waiters to walk around and serve water to prospective customers.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:01   #671
BHPian

Quote:
more pics from my side.
How did you get the pics? Have dealerships got the car?
Old 14th July 2010, 15:36   #672
Senior - BHPian

You are right VW will have to do something about the people perception when they walk into the showroom. Lack of interest / inability to handle the customer rush will lead to many genuine buyers walking out.

Lack of interest by a Hyundai dealership about 8 yrs back in Delhi, put me off Hyundai for ever, even the recent experience when my bro in law a die-hard Hyundai fan brought his i10 was no different in Navi Mumbai, it was as if the dealer was doing a favour by showing around the car.

About VW, I have been able to get some response from Shaman on phone about the price launch & tentative booking dates, however they also lack comeplete information.

I have not been able to reach the Navi Mumbai dealer on the phone.

The latest dealership Global Gallarie also has little information on the complete specs and dates.

The Contact Us link in the VW website dosen't show the submit button after filling all the details.

So it is probably a wait and watch on how they handle the bookings, delivery and A.S.S. which is still an uncharted territory.

I am finding myself increasingly leaning towards the ANHC, but resisting till I do a TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Sahil,
I went to check out the VW line up at Shaman VW.
Was not at all impressed by them. As I went on a sunday to check out the Polo, their was quite a big rush.
The first thing that hit me, was the size of the showroom. It is very small!! Also, I did not see any sales people helping prospective customers out. I went and checked out the Passat and Jetta, and even though we were interested in the Passat (had a flexible budget), the lack of interest shown to me, and other customers there had me walk right out, and go over to Shaman's Honda dealership, where even my driver was treated with respect.
Comparing this to other companies such as Toyota during the launch of the Innova, VW has a lot to do to handle the rush the Polo is creating.
I remember that during the Innova launch, the sales people were trying their best to help everyone out, and had even hired a few waiters to walk around and serve water to prospective customers.

Last edited by m_upreti : 14th July 2010 at 15:38.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:20   #673
BANNED

diwali launch would make more sense than dec launch for sure.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:25   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
more pics from my side.
was it near ARAI pune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
is there going to be an automatic in this thing at all ? if yes and a bigger engine this is my next car hopefully this diwali then
1.6 petrol, 1.6 diesel, 105 ps for both, 25 plus KG-M torque for TDI, 6 speed automatic only in 1.6 petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
How did you get the pics? Have dealerships got the car?
its the VW's test car. look at the tailgate for temp red plates

Quote:
August first week to mid display dates and price launch plus bookings confirmed. Deliveries from October.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:41   #675
Senior - BHPian

Going by the present information deliveries are likely to start by end Sep/ October.
Quote:
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks