Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 13:00   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
1.6 petrol, 1.6 diesel, 105 ps for both, 25 plus KG-M torque for TDI, 6 speed automatic only in 1.6 petrol
Hi Sid or anybody else... do you know if this six speed auto is a DSG or a conventional torque convertor automatic? A DSG would be a first on a car of this class.

Also, another thread here mentions that VW may come up with an automatic for the Polo as well. A 1.6 Polo with DSG would be my dream machine.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:15   #677
BANNED

well i would have liked a autobox diesel i guess not happening but its perfect timing, i wanna upgrade from my cvt city but there is no car in between 10 - 20 laks at all. i love the superb but that too petrol is like 24 laks in bombay. this is perfect if its under 11 laks i think the city is then prehistoric itself. rains will be over by september diwali will be round the corner. cant wait for prices i hope they dont place this car with the civic i hope it beats around the city itself. 10 laks for auto 6 speed im happy.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:44   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
well i would have liked a autobox diesel i guess not happening but its perfect timing, i wanna upgrade from my cvt city but there is no car in between 10 - 20 laks at all.
Check out Jetta/Laura DSG as well as Cruze A/T. Both are fine products under 20.
Old 17th July 2010, 00:45   #679
Senior - BHPian

Saw Vento petrol AT at VW Moti Nagar today in the service area, went for a routine check up of my Polo. The car certainly looks very promising and was at par with all the c segment sedans we have. The rear seat has more leg room that the polo and reasonably good.

Rear AC vents is a good feature, the integrated head unit, climate contol unit and the Gear Shifter knob looked very upmarket (IMHO better than ANHC, I dont like the center console). Airbags, ABS, electric mirrors added value to the car.

However, the petrol engine did make some noise when cranked, similar to the 1.2 though with a softer note. But when I reversed the car or moved it forward, there was no noise as such. Just managed to do a little forward reverse forward.

From the outside, it looks really good, the boot has so wonderfully been added to Polo that one cannot say that it is based on a hatch (atleast a normal person). I wish, they would have given given smoked headlamps..
the tail lights again looked simple and nice, reminded me of fiesta tail lights (anyone else found them similar?). All in all, a nice looking sedan with a proportionate body unlike the dezire and the manza which are also based on hatchs.
Old 17th July 2010, 03:53   #680
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Check out Jetta/Laura DSG as well as Cruze A/T. Both are fine products under 20.
jetta and laura are stupid useless 20 lak cars no features no toys nothing at all. crappy value for money no sunroof as well. cruze is nice but the grey interior is a big let down my folks did not like it. black or beige would be nice even as option really.
Old 17th July 2010, 04:27   #681
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest you to do a recheck on the the Cruze. The interiors in this pic look like beige to me. It could be greige too! Still, worth checking.

Pic source: HEAD TO HEAD : Chevrolet Cruze vs Volkswagen Jetta
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-1269086467d1851.jpg  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 17th July 2010 at 04:28. Reason: typo error rectification
Old 17th July 2010, 11:38   #682
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Would suggest you to do a recheck on the the Cruze. The interiors in this pic look like beige to me. It could be greige too! Still, worth checking.

Pic source: HEAD TO HEAD : Chevrolet Cruze vs Volkswagen Jetta
indian cruze has dull grey interiors whose old skool ones. this looks beige. over the rest of the world cruze does have diff. color interior choices but not in india. in dubai even orange is present. i love the car but the grey and 16.5 lak price is a BIG downer for a chevy that costs 8 laks in dubai itself.
Old 17th July 2010, 12:52   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
No, that's not beige. Beige has a creamy, browny look. One of the most nondescript colours ever: how car manufacturers got the idea that it is posh beats me. Just goes to show the idiocy of marketing departments!

greige... Yep: spot on with that one!
Old 17th July 2010, 12:53   #684
Senior - BHPian

OT: Gaurav, I must have missed this, I didn't know you'd got yourself a Polo, so, Congratulations. Time to dig out your ownership thread!

Now, back to the topic, thanks for your first impressions -
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Airbags, ABS, electric mirrors added value to the car.
Electric fold as well or just electric adjustment? And, how would you rate the rear legroom in comparison to the Cedia?

(As you may have guessed, I'm looking at the Vento 1.6 very closely for obvious reasons )
Old 17th July 2010, 13:01   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Missed your post...
Quote:
Rear AC vents is a good feature, the integrated head unit, climate contol unit and the Gear Shifter knob looked very upmarket (IMHO better than ANHC, I dont like the center console). Airbags, ABS, electric mirrors added value to the car.
This sounds like the Vento will have some of those small details, missing on the Polo, that might clinch it for me!

I didn't want a bigger car, but hey...
Old 17th July 2010, 14:34   #686
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Saw Vento petrol AT at VW Moti Nagar today in the service area, went for a routine check up of my Polo. The car certainly looks very promising and was at par with all the c segment sedans we have. The rear seat has more leg room that the polo and reasonably good.

However, the petrol engine did make some noise when cranked, similar to the 1.2 though with a softer note. But when I reversed the car or moved it forward, there was no noise as such. Just managed to do a little forward reverse forward.

From the outside, it looks really good, the boot has so wonderfully been added to Polo that one cannot say that it is based on a hatch (atleast a normal person). I wish, they would have given given smoked headlamps..
the tail lights again looked simple and nice, reminded me of fiesta tail lights (anyone else found them similar?). All in all, a nice looking sedan with a proportionate body unlike the dezire and the manza which are also based on hatchs.
Hey Gaurav - Good find.

How good is the rear leg room. If you take Fiesta at one end and ANHC at the other end, where do you think Vento stands as far as the rear leg room is concerned?

As asked by Suman, are they giving electric folding RVMs or just electrically adjustable RVMs?
Old 17th July 2010, 16:23   #687
BHPian

I will be delighted if it is able to give a good shudder to Honda City.

OT: I think most of people love Honda's cars, but still want them to learn a lesson mainly due to their pricing.
Old 18th July 2010, 04:05   #688
BANNED

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers. Also, do NOT post any sexist messages on this community.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission.

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2010 at 10:59.
jesal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th July 2010, 11:20   #689
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st July 2010 at 11:14.
gupta_chd is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th July 2010, 12:20   #690
BHPian

Does not this look like a copy of a Ford fiesta/Figo from the front?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks