Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2010, 15:41   #721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Since we are on the topic, to take this up a bit further we can compare the Ex Showroom Indian & Russian price of Jetta 1.6 Trendline:

India: INR 13,11,600.00 (appx.)
Russia: RU 6,41,000 or INR 9,93,550.00

A difference of of 32% in price so if we apply this logic to the Vento then the price should be:

Petrol - Ex showroom

Trendline 8.25 lacs
Highline 10.89 Lacs

Diesel - Ex showroom

Trendline 9.57 lacs
Highline 14.37 Lacs

This is just for purely speculation purposes but the Highline Petrol comes quiet close to the price of a ANHC, with additional goodies.
If this is what your estimate for ex-showroom Delhi, ANHC VMT will be cheaper than Petrol Vento Highline by 1.84 Lacs, which is no where closer to ANHC.
Old 21st July 2010, 15:44   #722
BHPian

Diesel Highline ex-showroom 14.37L. what is VW thinking . I really hope that was a typo. You cant expect the car to go toe to toe with linea, fiesta,Cruze, the new diesel altis inching towards Jetta and Laura. I guess they should have benchmarked a few cars like Linea P/D, Fiesta D, ANHC wrt space and features.

IMHO I feel 14.37 ex showroom is stretching the price range a bit too much. I really hope VW can justify the price difference of around 4.8 L between the Trendline and Highline diesel models.

Last edited by MihirC : 21st July 2010 at 15:45.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:36   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
India: INR 13,11,600.00 (appx.)
Russia: RU 6,41,000 or INR 9,93,550.00

A difference of of 32% in price so if we apply this logic to the Vento then the price should be:

Petrol - Ex showroom

Trendline 8.25 lacs
Highline 10.89 Lacs

Diesel - Ex showroom

Trendline 9.57 lacs
Highline 14.37 Lacs
Did you get to know about these prices or are the guesstimates?
Old 21st July 2010, 16:41   #724
BHPian

^^ mihir, these are just speculative pricing. We all hope and want the prices to lower and in base with fiesta, verna, linea
Old 21st July 2010, 16:42   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Hi just came across this road test of the 1.6L VW Diesel that has been launched in the polo here in Oz.
I guess it is the same engine that will come in the Vento.
Volkswagen Polo 66TDI Comfortline - www.drive.com.au
The 66TDI in Australia is probably a 90bhp engine with 230k torque. From what I have gathered so far the Vento is likely to have a 105bhp engine with a max torque of 250. This engine is currrently doing duty in the VW golf in UK
Check out this web site.
Overview : Engines and performance : Golf : Volkswagen UK
Old 21st July 2010, 17:16   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Interesting, but you are overlooking the taxation aspects related to importing CKD's (60%) and CBU's (180%). I dont know if the Jetta is imported as a CKD or a CBU, but in either case, there would be a huge tax induced premium over the russian price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Diesel Highline ex-showroom 14.37L. what is VW thinking . I really hope that was a typo. You cant expect the car to go toe to toe with linea, fiesta,Cruze, the new diesel altis inching towards Jetta and Laura. I guess they should have benchmarked a few cars like Linea P/D, Fiesta D, ANHC wrt space and features.

IMHO I feel 14.37 ex showroom is stretching the price range a bit too much. I really hope VW can justify the price difference of around 4.8 L between the Trendline and Highline diesel models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Did you get to know about these prices or are the guesstimates?
Pls dont take these seriously, these are wild guesses and price comparisons to the VW cars sold in Russia.

No one at VW Helpline / the Dealers is aware or willing to commit the exact prices as of now. VW will definately have reasons for this price strategy which they will spell out in the first half of August.

Till then we can only speculate and see how close or far we came.
Old 22nd July 2010, 00:37   #727
BHPian

Hi All

i happend to visit VW showroom @ palace grounds, bangalore and the sales guy invited me specially to look at VENTO..

yes..though the car is not brought to showroom, as i was very interested on the car and enquired him for every week..he himself had called me & took to his yard to show VENTO AT HIGHLINE PETROL..WHITE COLOUR>

the car really looks awesome..not able to take pics as per request...

some appealing features compared to polo are..

1. FRONT FOG LAMPS different from POLO

2. Some muscles on the front bonnet(on sides)

3. Interior very roomy on rear when compared to POLO

4. Rear AC

5. Centre arm rest

6. IMAGE SENSOR which helps in alarming the owner if someone enters the car without using KEY

7. Auto climate control

8. BOOT SPACE looks larger than the images(posted in this same thread)

9. Rear Boot with Chrome lining..which is classy..

Limitations

1. only electrical adjustable mirror..not automatic folding

2. middle space in rear seat has a problem due to fuel tunnel running in between...

3. 15" inch wheels but looks very small for the car

4. No controls in the steering wheel

Overall the car looks very attractive and i am booking my car tommorrow..

they dont accept bookings for vento.. but you can book for VENTO and by showing the approval they had got for SCOOTY

Last edited by deepanonline : 22nd July 2010 at 00:44.
Old 22nd July 2010, 01:10   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Were you given any price or delivery period on that?
Old 22nd July 2010, 07:35   #729
BHPian

And what color options did he offer??
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:53   #730
BHPian

Very cool. Did he give you any dates on the formal price annoucement and commencement of bookings?

Also, is the music system the same as in the polo?

If you guys havent observed yet, ACI has a "first drive" on the Vento in its August Edition
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:13   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Very cool. Did he give you any dates on the formal price annoucement and commencement of bookings?

Also, is the music system the same as in the polo?

If you guys havent observed yet, ACI has a "first drive" on the Vento in its August Edition
Has ACI mentioned the ARAI fuel efficiency of the Vento 1.6 engine?
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:45   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hey dude! VW regards itself as a premium brand. And for most parts of the world, except North America, it enjoys that image among the automotive public as well.
I saw an episode of 'Drive It' on DW TV a couple of weeks ago that stated that 1 lakh Jettas were sold in the US last year. So it looks like the perception is changing even in the US. However I am not sure if they perceive it as a premium car.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:31   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I saw an episode of 'Drive It' on DW TV a couple of weeks ago that stated that 1 lakh Jettas were sold in the US last year. So it looks like the perception is changing even in the US. However I am not sure if they perceive it as a premium car.
Audi is the premium brand of VW group and VW is common man's car in the developed countries.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:54   #734
BHPian

Frankly, Im confused about VW's positioning vis-a-vis Skoda in India. I still dont understand what the hierarchy or differentiation in positioning exists between the Jetta-Laura, Passat-Superb, Fabia-Polo etc

It should'nt turn out that within 3 months of the Vento's launch, a cousin sister Fabia Sedan is launched with some differentiated pricing and features!
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:40   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Why and how is it a notch below honda city. We do not even have a first drive report. It is too early to comment on that. The equipment levels are decent enough to be on par with city.
For one space. The Vento does not look too roomy and someone buying a 9-10 Lac sedan will surely go for the roomier sedan.

Second the engine. The 1.6 VW mill is unlikely to be as efficient or smooth or powerful as the Vtec Honda.

Looks are subjective and the Honda City is about as good or bad a looker as the Vento.

So that only leaves the plastics and the interiors. The plastics of the City are at best OK. The Vento if it is any where close to what the plastics of the Polo are, then surely that's just about the only brownie point over the City.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks