Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 21:01   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
thats looking amazing in red!

but its the highline. as per vw, highline wont be available in red, only trendline will. hope the highline is available in all 6 shades.
Highline comes in all colours (even the colours available on Trendline is available on Highline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
OIs it just your general wish or do you have indications that it will be priced absurdly

Also, I thought that 'Red' colour will not come in highline trim. But this one seems to have alloy wheels so I am assuming that it is the highline. Will the red coluor come in highline? I want it to!
Yes it is a highline.
Old 28th July 2010, 00:17   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The front looks good and back is ok. But they don't connect so well.
That's exactly my problem!

But if I hide myself in a good-looking car...

Sorry...
Old 28th July 2010, 10:24   #813
Senior - BHPian

VW has done a good job (as always) in stretching the polo into Vento. its very well designed and both 1.6 engines do justice to the car.

it cannot be compared to the likes of dezire, sucks4(SX4) or even ANHC. its above these cars.

im surprised to read some of the comments made by fellow forum members about the Vento missing few things, or not matching ANHC in terms of equipments.

all i have to say is that ANHC is making hay while the sun shines, the real competition to it has arrived in the shape of VENTO.

waiting eagerly for the bookings to start and then get a highline 1.6 petrol, manual.
Old 28th July 2010, 10:36   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
it cannot be compared to the likes of dezire, sucks4(SX4) or even ANHC. its above these cars.

im surprised to read some of the comments made by fellow forum members about the Vento missing few things, or not matching ANHC in terms of equipments.

all i have to say is that ANHC is making hay while the sun shines, the real competition to it has arrived in the shape of VENTO.

waiting eagerly for the bookings to start and then get a highline 1.6 petrol, manual.
I agree. The only downside I see against other competitors I see is A.S.S. Hopefully VW won't mess up in that aspect. It's a risk I am planning to take.

Petrol 1.6 manual? ACI recommends the diesel engine for better low end torque. And 6 speed AT is very tempting. I'd probably consider these two, but diesel NVH level is something I want to check before taking the plunge.
Old 28th July 2010, 10:45   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That's exactly my problem!

But if I hide myself in a good-looking car...

Sorry...
I bought the Autocar mag yesterday to check out additional snaps. They have a red one which looks really good.

Waiting to see it in person (the car...)
Old 28th July 2010, 10:49   #816
Senior - BHPian

Thad, That is because you first saw Polo.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:24   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
I agree. The only downside I see against other competitors I see is A.S.S. Hopefully VW won't mess up in that aspect. It's a risk I am planning to take.

Petrol 1.6 manual? ACI recommends the diesel engine for better low end torque. And 6 speed AT is very tempting. I'd probably consider these two, but diesel NVH level is something I want to check before taking the plunge.
i agree on the A.S.S of VW.

considering that i took the TD of the Polo in april in NOIDA and in july the dealer was shut and moved out!!!

now i had to go all the way to south ex in delhi (Bhasin Motors) to get details of the polo 1.6 and Vento 1.6 (both petrols).

no VW in NOIDA!!! (is VW India monitering TBhp?)
Old 28th July 2010, 11:55   #818
BHPian

Introducing Vento - mass mail from VW india

Got this mass mail from VW India. But their web page does not have Vento as a product yet. and the pictures attached to the mail was small thumbnails.
----------------------

Dear Sir / Madam,
The new Volkswagen Vento is born of true passion. From the elegantly styled exterior to the powerful 1.6L diesel and petrol engines, each part of it has been crafted to perfection. With its quality engineering, sturdiness and driving dynamics, it truly sets a benchmark in its class. The new Volkswagen Vento has been completely designed to the needs and expectations of the Indian consumer.

If you would like to know more Sign up to experience the new Volkswagen Vento

Warm regards,
Volkswagen India.
------------------

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th July 2010 at 12:19. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 28th July 2010, 13:08   #819
BHPian

Another piece of information. Vento has a different HU than polo and has AUX/USB wired into the glovebox. Link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2000266
Old 28th July 2010, 13:55   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Thad, That is because you first saw Polo.
That was a joke against myself, not a comment on the car. Actually, Polo does not have my favourite backside, but, on the whole, I am very happy happy with the looks of both Polo and Vento
Old 28th July 2010, 14:18   #821
aby
BHPian

Sorry if I am playing a spoilsport in what looks like a thread of excitement. Now that VW will have a big presence in India, what is the general feeling on their A.S.S. If we have anything to go by their sister concern Skoda, I would advise myself to stay away from the car however tempting it may look.

Skoda and VW cars are manufactured at same plant. Logically speaking it would mean that there should no significant quality difference between the two badges. What makes a Skoda owning experience a nightmare is the service center (if threads here give any indication).

So is the VW owning experience any different? I would appreciate some first hand info. Sorry for going
Old 28th July 2010, 14:59   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby View Post
Sorry if I am playing a spoilsport in what looks like a thread of excitement. Now that VW will have a big presence in India, what is the general feeling on their A.S.S. If we have anything to go by their sister concern Skoda, I would advise myself to stay away from the car however tempting it may look.

Skoda and VW cars are manufactured at same plant. Logically speaking it would mean that there should no significant quality difference between the two badges. What makes a Skoda owning experience a nightmare is the service center (if threads here give any indication).

So is the VW owning experience any different? I would appreciate some first hand info. Sorry for going
This is the question which should dogg all of us who are just waiting for the bookings to open and rush in.

I was tempted today morning to stop a Polo to ask about the user exerience, but the lady driver was so engrossed in the road ahead and with the L sign on display I thought it better not to disturb.
Old 28th July 2010, 15:57   #823
Team-BHP Support

Whats are the latest stats on Polo sales? Petrol Vs Diesel?
Also how is VW doing on delivery?
Old 28th July 2010, 16:20   #824
BHPian

Is this vento gonna be launched anytime in the near future. Lot has been said and dreamnt on this car being the best ever and stuff. Iam sure its going to be a disappointment for many. VW, pls launch the car and put a rest to all the false speculation. I am pretty sure *** is gonna be a a ride to hell. I got this friend who had an accident where in the back bumper of his 1 week old car needed replacement. Guesss what? i took the company 6weeks to get a replacement bumber for the PUNTO. May be with time and increased no. of VW cars service might improve. We just gotta wait and see. But let them first launch the dream car.
Old 28th July 2010, 17:03   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
Another piece of information. Vento has a different HU than polo and has AUX/USB wired into the glovebox. Link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2000266
something like this?
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-untitled1.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks