Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 10:02   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post

Booking has already started for Vento and Polo 1.6 petrol.
Guys in Hyderabad, any news about bookings? I'm in touch with Orion motors, but they have the same answer that they haven't started bookings yet and they may start in Aug 2nd week.
Old 1st August 2010, 14:28   #842
BHPian

Hi Srikanth

Please help in clarifying this. I have not come across any official communication saying about opening of bookings for Vento in Hyderabad. Dealers say that they are taking Rs. 50000 in the form of post dated cheques to block our name. Is this a legitimate way of booking? Dealer says that he has about 5-6 customers who have paid and I would be the 6th or 7th customer in queue.

One more query. I am very fond of pepper grey colour. Is it not available in Vento? Dealer says that Polo colours and Vento colours are different except for Red, White and Black. Is this true? What are the colours of Vento?

Sorry for many questions. Please help.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:58   #843
BHPian

Now, we have the official pricing of Polo 1.6 which is the same engine which will be used in Vento.

Polo 1.6 highline Ex Showroom - 6.16 L
Boot addition (max) - 1.5 L
Can we assume Vento 1.6 highline petrol Ex Showroom to sell < 7.66 L?
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:18   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Booking has already started for Vento and Polo 1.6 petrol.
Just checked with one dealer as per them the Bookings in Mumbai start in Sep as the car has not been launched here "?", while it has been launched in Bangalore and Chennai (sounds strange).

Another dealership says price launch on 14-Aug-10 and bookings start, the price range between 7-10 Lacs ex showroom, they had the courtesy to take down a contact number to keep me updated. This seems more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
Now, we have the official pricing of Polo 1.6 which is the same engine which will be used in Vento.

Wish your calculations come true

Last edited by m_upreti : 2nd August 2010 at 14:33.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:38   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Few more things are added and dont think they will give it free.
Rear AC
Rear to front seat adjustment
And dont think adding boot and increasing length will cost them only 1 lac. And they would not want to hurt the sale of Polo also by placing it very near. My prediction is highline will be around 10 lac ex-showroom.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:56   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Few more things are added and dont think they will give it free.
Rear AC
Rear to front seat adjustment
And dont think adding boot and increasing length will cost them only 1 lac. And they would not want to hurt the sale of Polo also by placing it very near. My prediction is highline will be around 10 lac ex-showroom.
If Polo highline 1.6 costs 6.16L, Vento Petrol Highline will not be more than 8L ex-showrrom, and AT will be around 9L. That will be good pricing!!
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:10   #847
BHPian

The dealer in Pune mentioned to me that the pricing would be announced on 15th August. The base version petrol is expected to be 8 lacs ex showroom Pune and topline is 9 lacs ex showroom. Diesel will be 10 and 11 lacs resp.
They are ready to take the booking for Polo and transfer it later.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:25   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
The dealer in Pune mentioned to me that the pricing would be announced on 15th August. The base version petrol is expected to be 8 lacs ex showroom Pune and topline is 9 lacs ex showroom. Diesel will be 10 and 11 lacs resp.
They are ready to take the booking for Polo and transfer it later.
Diesel at 10 and 11? Are you saying the difference between petrol and diesel variant would be 2 lacs? I don't think so. The widely anticipated pricing is
Petrol - 8L
Petrol automatic - 9L
Diesel - 9L
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:10   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel at 10 and 11? Are you saying the difference between petrol and diesel variant would be 2 lacs? I don't think so. The widely anticipated pricing is
Petrol - 8L
Petrol automatic - 9L
Diesel - 9L
this should be the pricing!!
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:17   #850
BHPian

They have not started selling Vento yet? Just yesterday I seen a dark brown Vento parked near my house. This car has 'TC' number plate. I thought the owner has taken delivery before the registration.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:30   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
They have not started selling Vento yet? Just yesterday I seen a dark brown Vento parked near my house. This car has 'TC' number plate. I thought the owner has taken delivery before the registration.
Dark Brown...hmm...Srikant, any updates on the colors avaliable for Vento??
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:33   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
No they haven't started selling yet. Prices are not yet launched.

This might be a test mule, or maybe a showroom guy moving around with his display car.
Gaurav Chopra had mentioned in his Polo ownership thread that he had seen one in the VW service center in Delhi. So the display car might have reached the showrooms.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:18   #853
BHPian

I will not speculate on the colors of the VENTO but yes, a few VENTO seen on the roads in Pune that have been given to some of the top level executives from VW for test drive, are red.

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2010 at 09:42. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please don't cut-copy-paste from other word softwares
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:47   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
I will not speculate on the colors of the VENTO but yes, a few VENTO seen on the roads in Pune that have been given to some of the top level executives from VW for test drive, are red.
Well, have seen white Vento TDI as well with TCF plates in pune. Red was favorite colour for Polo, white should be favorite colour for Vento.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:09   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys.
Booked my VW Vento Yesterday (though it's unofficial). Paid the advance too.
Opted for the top end Diesel model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks