Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 14:06   #886
BHPian

I received a slighly smaller version of this email with a link to the VW Vento site. I am one of those eagerly looking forward to the Vento - 10L and less for the Diesel Highline and VW can count me in.
Old 7th August 2010, 15:28   #887
Senior - BHPian

I think that production of Vento has started.

Source : VW rolls out Vento from Chakan | Autocar India

Article :

Quote:
Volkswagen India has commenced the production of its all-new Vento saloon from its Chakan plant near Pune. Unveiled in the first week of July, the Vento is based on an extended Polo platform (its wheelbase is 82mm longer, the car is overall 96mm longer), and is aimed directly at the Honda City and Maruti SX4.

Speaking on the occasion, Joerg Mueller, President & MD, VW India said, “India is a strategic long-term growth market for the Volkswagen Group. The start of production of the Vento not only marks another milestone in our journey but also reiterates VW’s commitment to India.”

The Vento saloon, specifically designed for the Indian market, will be powered by 1.6-litre diesel and petrol engines, both producing 105bhp and 25.51kgm and 15.61kgm torque respectively. The 1.6-litre petrol motor will get a six-speed automatic option along with the five-speed manual gearbox. The diesel will only be available with five-speed manual transmission.

The Vento has been designed in line with VW’s ‘La Semplicité’ design language which means simple, clean and bold lines. The name was given by Walter de Silva, Head of Design, VW Group, and the design theme has been carried over from Polo to the Vento.

With two trim levels on offer – Trendline and Highline -- the Vento is expected to be launched in India by Diwali this year within a Rs 7-9 lakh price range.
Attached Thumbnails
VW POLO Sedan - "Vento". (Indian Spy Pics added to Pg 1 & Update: Page 19! LAUNCHED)-vento-comes-out-plant.jpg  

Old 7th August 2010, 15:41   #888
BHPian

anything more than the 8 for the diesel trendline and i am out. I go to Linea Dynamic then
Old 7th August 2010, 16:54   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
anything more than the 8 for the diesel trendline and i am out. I go to Linea Dynamic then
Then for sure make your decision now. Spoke to a friend who had an 'insider' conversation with a top VW dealer's Manager as he just bought 2 company regd. Jetta's. The Indicative price of the Petrol Trendline (Base) is close to 8L, Highline (Top End) 9L, Highline A/T 9.75-10L, Diesel Trendline 9.5-9.75L and Highline 10.5-10.75L all ex-showroom Mumbai. If any one else has access to more information please correct me on this as my friend won't lie to me.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 7th August 2010 at 16:56.
Old 7th August 2010, 18:17   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
The Indicative price of the Petrol Trendline (Base) is close to 8L, Highline (Top End) 9L, Highline A/T 9.75-10L, Diesel Trendline 9.5-9.75L and Highline 10.5-10.75L all ex-showroom Mumbai. If any one else has access to more information please correct me on this as my friend won't lie to me.
Anil, are these OTR or ex-showroom prices?
Old 7th August 2010, 18:17   #891
BHPian

Those prices seem insane for a polo+boot. Hope VW can price price it properly, else it won't sell.

The Linea-TJet is estimated be around 8.2 Ex-showroom, so Vento-Highline also has to be in that zone to be competitive.
Both will try to prove a point to ANHC , and both have to be priced competitively vis-a-vis the ANHC-V (probably 30k-50k lesser).

The diesel one can be priced with a little premium, as there's no competition there. (but again not into cruze territory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Then for sure make your decision now. Spoke to a friend who had an 'insider' conversation with a top VW dealer's Manager as he just bought 2 company regd. Jetta's. The Indicative price of the Petrol Trendline (Base) is close to 8L, Highline (Top End) 9L, Highline A/T 9.75-10L, Diesel Trendline 9.5-9.75L and Highline 10.5-10.75L all ex-showroom Mumbai. If any one else has access to more information please correct me on this as my friend won't lie to me.

Last edited by neotraveller : 7th August 2010 at 18:19.
Old 7th August 2010, 18:26   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Anil, are these OTR or ex-showroom prices?
Mumbai prices are generally 5.5% more than Thane which are comparable to Delhi prices. Yes this is the approximated ex-showroom according to the manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Those prices seem insane for a polo+boot. Hope VW can price price it properly, else it won't sell.

The Linea-TJet is estimated be around 8.2 Ex-showroom, so Vento-Highline also has to be in that zone to be competitive.
Both will try to prove a point to ANHC , and both have to be priced competitively vis-a-vis the ANHC-V (probably 30k-50k lesser).

The diesel one can be priced with a little premium, as there's no competition there. (but again not into cruze territory)
Well, here i may add, if you see the price difference between the similar engined Jetta & Laura, there you will get some semblance where Vento may be positioned. Right in ANHC territory.

Butttt, its better to wait till the cat's out of the bag.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 7th August 2010 at 18:41. Reason: but*
Old 7th August 2010, 19:25   #893
BHPian

in the words of someone pretty high up in a VW dealership - "no one knows anything. Managers and sales people have been asked to say things that they read in the news. Everyone has their own guesses on the price. Some people say 7-9 others say 8.5-10.5 On road. In my opinion, expecting an equivalent vento trim to be price 3-4 lakhs more the polo trim is nonsense. I dont see the Vento being more than 1.5-2 lakhs than the comparable Polo in the worst case "
Old 7th August 2010, 19:47   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
I received a slighly smaller version of this email with a link to the VW Vento site. I am one of those eagerly looking forward to the Vento - 10L and less for the Diesel Highline and VW can count me in.
Can you give the link to the VW Vento website?
Old 7th August 2010, 20:25   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Can you give the link to the VW Vento website?
I just realised this is nothing but a link to the VW Vento press release

Press Releases
Old 7th August 2010, 20:45   #896
oss
BHPian

These prices are quite high for Vento. I expect VW to straddle ANHC. They are very likley to go for a pincer attack by pricing the petrol version lower than ANHC and keep the diesel version slightly above ANHC.

Vento Petrol can in no way take on ANHC if priced closer to it, let alone pricing it equal.
Old 7th August 2010, 23:36   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
The diesel variant is also equipped with the 1.6 litre engine with an output
of 105 PS @ 4400 rpm and a Torque of 250 NM @ 1500-2500 rpm.
I feel these figures have been mixed up with Jetta D's Figures. Firstly the torque in Vento will be less than 250nm and it won't be available from as low as 1500rpm. Yes it will make 105bhp though. VW officials are quoting a 14 sec 0-100 time, which is slow compared to the similarly powerful Verna.
Old 8th August 2010, 00:08   #898
BHPian

When going through this thread one car that comes to my mind is fiat petra. It was based on palio and vento is based on polo . If 1.6 vento sells for 9 lakhs and that too in good volume then fiat india will regret the decision to stop production of petra which used to cost just 5.2 lakhs onroad .

The vento may be 10% better than petra as far as its quality of interiors is concerned . But apart from that there exists no huge difference between the two .
Old 8th August 2010, 06:50   #899
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Firstly the torque in Vento will be less than 250nm and it won't be available from as low as 1500rpm.
Form email received from VW by some members here
...Torque of 250 NM @ 1500-2500 rpm...
Would they(VW) lie on the figures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
VW officials are quoting a 14 sec 0-100 time, which is slow compared to the similarly powerful Verna.
Where was this reported?
Why I ask is because the magazines quote 11.5 sec 0-100 for diesel. and 1 sec slower for petrol.

Last edited by mxx : 8th August 2010 at 06:53.
Old 8th August 2010, 07:46   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
Only based on kms? No time limit?

thanks
Yes its for 3 years, or 45k kms. Which ever is early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Everybody in VW is talking about Vento, sales staff are being sent for Vento training. Heard Vento launch is around 14th of Sep`10. Is this true?
Yes i am also going on a training on Vento. Should be able to give you more details once i am back. Display car in Bangalore is expected in Sept first week.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks