VOLKSWAGEN 5 9.09%
VOLVO 5 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 20:46   #46
BHPian

Re: New Look Manza Website

Agreed. But this has been there for over one and half months now.

The website is truly awesome and is unmatched currently. No offence, but do you think this topic is needed at all since the websites keep changing every now and then.
Old 26th July 2011, 20:50   #47
Team-BHP Support

I'll talk about the car rather than the website. Man, the colour looks good on the Manza!

Go thru' all the pages; if I could earn a nickle for each time "chrome" appeared, I'd have tendered my resignation and booked a house by the shore by now!
Old 26th July 2011, 20:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2011 at 15:42.
ghodlur is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2011, 21:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Ah, I thought you were talking about a website on a "new look Manza". Looks like you are referring to a new-look website on Manza. Well . A good-looking Manza would've been just perfect!

About websites: I really wish automobile websites would just present the information in a crisp & clear manner without need for so many animations, videos, jazzy (unintuitive) interfaces and not to mention requiring non-standard browser plugins.

The worst I can recall was the Indica website. You need to mouseover the steering wheel image in the leftnav to see menu options, and there's absolutely nothing to indicate that visually. Move the mouse a few pixels bit further down by mistake, and the menu annoyingly disappears again.

IMHO this particular website is pretty bad design too. It keeps changing without any user input; it shows you "hot spots" on each image, which you can mouseover to see more details. Just point your mouse there, see some more details.. but wait - the website decided to show me the next page, before I'm done reading what's given in the mouseover balloon callout. Very annoying and almost impossible to use!

Don't even start talking about accessibility, site-speed, usability, standards-compliance...

Last edited by rajushank84 : 26th July 2011 at 21:27.
rajushank84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 22:06   #50
BHPian

Just wanted an opinion on how much of an impact can a site have on buyers. Well some of you guys have valid points. But i think a website is sometimes the first interaction that a buyer has with a car brand. If it can make a good impression, IMHO it can help in the long run.

I found that the movement of the images did not happen while i had a mouseover. So it worked fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet@bulbule View Post
Agreed. But this has been there for over one and half months now.

The website is truly awesome and is unmatched currently. No offence, but do you think this topic is needed at all since the websites keep changing every now and then.
True. Websites do keep changing. but they dont always make noticeable changes. This one did i thought.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th July 2011 at 13:29. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 26th July 2011, 22:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
IMHO this particular website is pretty bad design too. It keeps changing without any user input; it shows you "hot spots" on each image, which you can mouseover to see more details. Just point your mouse there, see some more details.. but wait - the website decided to show me the next page, before I'm done reading what's given in the mouseover balloon callout. Very annoying and almost impossible to use!

Don't even start talking about accessibility, site-speed, usability, standards-compliance...
That happens with me too. But look at it this way - the Tata's were able to make the car look good alteast somewhere!
vineet@bulbule is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 01:00   #52
BHPian

Agreed. The website is really cool and easy to use. I must say the colour looks awesome on the Manza. If only they had designed the rear a bit better! I have a question. Were you guys able to click on any of the pop-up messages that appeared as you scrolled over them with the cursor? I was not able to click on any of them.
Old 27th July 2011, 17:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Website of car companies in India. Good, bad and the ugly

The Maruti website beyond question takes the cake.

I did not like the Mahindra website at all.

Ford and Fiat www's are just there.
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz India Website updated

Hello,

In keeping with it's international look and feel the website of Mercedes-Benz India has been updated with the new look,

You can configure few cars, and most of all price lists of all cars in your region exist on the site itself so if you ever wish to know how much your dream car costs without having to call the dealer,

Mercedes India

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:55   #55
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz India Website updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hello,

In keeping with it's international look and feel the website of Mercedes-Benz India has been updated with the new look,

You can configure few cars, and most of all price lists of all cars in your region exist on the site itself so if you ever wish to know how much your dream car costs without having to call the dealer,

Mercedes India

Regards,
Thanks, but they are yet to update the content. The C Class site does not mention about the C220CDI, nor does the brochure. Similarly, the S Class section is quiet about the S300 and the S500L's engine is listed as the old 5461cc. Still worse, they are yet to revise their prices, and the Kochi prices do not even mention about the C220CDI/ C200CGI Classic! The CLS doesn't figure in the pricelist anywhare, either.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks