Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Has the negative feedback on Skoda on TBhp affected your impression of Skoda India
Yes, I choose not to buy or recommend Skoda. 254 86.10%
No, I will still buy or recommend Skoda 41 13.90%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 12:58   #76
BHPian

I for sure would steer clear of any Skoda product, however good they are, cos' of horrible service stories in Blr. Where ever possible I also forewarn friends who don't access this forum.

But at the end of the day for each his own. I am sure of every disgruntled owner there is one or more satisfied one, not a great ratio there though..!

Hopefully GM would have Skoda sit up and make note, as Cruze is gonna eat into Laura's & Octavia's share...more than Corolla or Civic.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:59   #77
BHPian

i was planning to buy a octavia but going through all the discussions on the forum specially the support decided against it. Personally Skoda is a BIG no in my books
Old 29th October 2009, 13:46   #78

Even after reading all the horror stories on this forum, I really wanted to buy the new Skoda Laura 1.8Tsi. That thing has one really nice engine.
I walk into the dealership in Baroda, Gujarat and get the feel for the car and everything's looking good thus far, and than I ask the dealer what the ex-showroom price is.
He tells me its Rs 13.9 lacs and so I asked him a few times again and also asked him to double check, yet he came back with the same answer. After that, I had to pull out my phone and show him Skoda's website which lists the New Laura 1.8 Tsi Baroda, Gujarat as 12.98 lacs. The audacity of these people to blatantly lie and never admit to any mistakes. Everything related to this company has an aspect of fraud attached to it. Sorry for venting my frustration here but I will never buy a Skoda and would highly recommend none of you buy one either.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:31   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

I loved the Fabia when I sat in it an exhibition here; it could have been my next car.

Now two things have happened, the first of which is the bad things I have read on T-BHP

Second thing is having been a passenger in one in UK: Noisy, uncomfortable and I hated it, so that has put Fabia out of my buying list anyway.

So now, the Polo becomes a possibility, but Skoda influence rubs off here too.

1. It has to be a very much nicer car with a very much better feel.

2. VW has to prove that it is not going to follow it's brother-company's lead on service levels.

Skoda has not only shot itself in the foot, it has damaged the reputation of VAF group --- and I'd tread with care even if I was lucky enough to be able to afford an Audi!
Old 29th October 2009, 14:52   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
How do i post a poll..and what should the poll be about ..what should the question be? Any help from the moderators would be welcome.
Question could be simple, it will fetch number of prospective customers going away from Skoda.

Have you decided against buying a Skoda?

Yes
No

Mods can you help him to add the poll option?
Old 29th October 2009, 16:38   #81
BHPian

Hi all, i have added a poll to the thread! look forward to your votes so we can get a clearer picture of the current scenario.

I also request Mods to post their comments as besides Ajmat no other Moderator has commented on this thread so far.

Your comments and feedback are awaited..

Last edited by Manuuj : 29th October 2009 at 16:47.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:08   #82
BHPian

I travelled in Octavia RS which felt good and at that time,I thought I should buy a Skoda,but after reading about A.S.S ,now a big No to Skoda and which felt deep to doubt VW group.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:21   #83
BHPian

I have owned Skoda Octavia for the last 4 years and touch wood, I have had no visits to the service center for anything other than regular servicing and one visit for an accidental repair recently. I for one believe these cars are quite reliable and since most of the issue reported on this forum is related to after sales service, I would say, Hyderabad dealer has a good reputation as a dealer. I am sure there would be others who would agree with me. The dealer as a whole along with the product prompted me to go in for the vRS 2.5 years back.

Given this, if I were to recommend someone in Hyderabad for a Skoda, I would do so. But would ask prospective Skoda customers in other cities to check the reputation of the dealer and service center.

Cheers.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:47   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

The poll result is very obvious.

Can we have a consolidation of Skoda pending Major problems(such as HarishV) vs Skoda solved replacements(such as Gagan & Rohit)?

Two superbs and a few Fabia's have been replaced. Let take into account only problems that BHPians here have not hear-say and include only major problems/frauds to get a clearer picture.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Here I go again, same post as in all Kaput Skoda threads here.

I love the Laura for its drive and think its a good car to own. However seeing all the threads running here I have my serious doubts.

And considering the price of the Laura, I wouldn't like to take a chance.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:12   #86
BHPian

Why spend big bucks and lose sleep chasing skoda dealers . Accepted skoda cars are truly great VFM and the looks to go with, but defenitely not worth the trouble one has to put up with the worthless problematic dealerships. The Vrs was my dream car, but i guess all dreams have to come to and end and so does mine. No skoda..not happening. I hope skoda guys have a look at this thread and take some quick measures before any more damage is done to their repute. How about someone forward this link to the Skoda top brass rightaway.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 29th October 2009 at 18:14.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:45   #87
BHPian

CRV instead of Superb, Civic instead of Laura and convinced 2 friends of the same. Was never too big on the brand but what they were offering in the Laura/Superb were great options, however i chose to go with Honda each time simply because of the security it gives as a brand!
Old 29th October 2009, 18:46   #88
BHPian

Having read the horror story of Mr.Harish i had passed on the message to lot of my colleagues and friends. I had given a printed copy of the blog by Mr.Harish to one retired IAS officer who wanted to buy a SKODA and referred him to team bhp website. He purchased ALTIS finally. Though i am now looking to buy a vehicle i would never even dream of test driving a skoda.
Old 29th October 2009, 20:49   #89
BHPian

I just booked a superb a few days go
Old 29th October 2009, 21:23   #90
Senior - BHPian

Its not TBHP but much before I analyzed its betetr to avoid Skoda the reason for Indian condition they don't have sutiable cars still. They are into premium category which won't work out for common man. Costly to own and maintain as well! Not good design for Indian likings apart from some horror stories.

Ravi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed