Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Has the negative feedback on Skoda on TBhp affected your impression of Skoda India
Yes, I choose not to buy or recommend Skoda. 254 86.10%
No, I will still buy or recommend Skoda 41 13.90%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 02:15   #121
BHPian

I make sure that i persuade atlease 1 person a month from buying skoda.Whenever i hear someone buying skoda, i point them to Team-bhp
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:15   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Contrary to what one might think after reading the JD powers report on Skoda ranking last on A.S.S satisfaction or threads which poll on people moving away from skoda, it looks like skoda has only done better business in comparison to previous month with a 98% growth. ET link for reference below. Now what does one infer from this ?!?. Of course this is just one months report, still it leaves a lot to think about.

Skoda sales up 98% in October- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Exactly the point that many skoda 'owners' on this thread/forum are trying to make. They make excellent cars. Right from the Fabia to the Superb.
And for the quality / features, all of them are amongst the best-bang-for-the-buck.

And not all, but a fair share have reported decent/tolerable once-a-year service also. True, then there are some dealer harassed & company-not-caring disgruntled customers also.

The above article talks about Oct sales.
But I think the total Sep sales as reported on the forum thread was also close to the 1700 mark ? Something's amiss here.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:20   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Contrary to what one might think after reading the JD powers report on Skoda ranking last on A.S.S satisfaction or threads which poll on people moving away from skoda, it looks like skoda has only done better business in comparison to previous month with a 98% growth. ET link for reference below. Now what does one infer from this ?!?. Of course this is just one months report, still it leaves a lot to think about.

Skoda sales up 98% in October- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Sorry srikanths1, the above is a year on year 98% growth (887 in Oct 08 vs 1753 in Oct 09). When compared with the previous month there is a decline of 5% (1753 vs. 1854 in Sept)
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:58   #124
Senior - BHPian

I bought a new car last month only.
However if some one known to me ask for my opinion about skoda cars then definitely tell them to read this forum before taking any decision.
Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:26   #125
Senior - BHPian

got a few friends and relatives go through some ownership threads on teambhp before making decisions, and of which all shifted to either honda or toyota.*** is something you wont compromise at all and that too buying a 10Lac+ cars.
More dent for skoda was a friend owned a skoda laura and his problems were known to all of us so later 4 future buyers went away from skoda too.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:23   #126
BANNED

Going by the poll result with 80 % plus against SKODA , will be intresting to see the impact this has on October & Novemeber Sales figures.
There should be 80 % drop in Skoda sales if we go by the negetive vibes in this site .
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:36   #127
BHPian

^^
That'd be taking it too far

The negative vibes have been here 'actively' since the past 6 odd months. Very strong ones at that.
The Skoda sales graphs in the recent months does not follow the same pattern for sure. It has been going up, if anything.

Yes, we as a team do have a BIG voice, can create an impact and result in a change; provided we channel our energies and efforts in the right track, in the right way.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:53   #128
BHPian

While it may seem like lot of friends and relatives of forum members have benefited from experience with Skoda sales and A.S.S, normal people are still buying like there is no tomorrow.
Economictimes today reports 98% increase in sales for SKODA for the month of October

Quote:
NEW DELHI: SkodaAuto India today reported 98 per cent jump in its October sales at 1,753 units as against 887 in the same month last year, the
company said in a release.
SkodaAuto India is a wholly owned subsidary of SkodaAuto of the Czech Republic and is part of the Volkswagen Group.
The company sells premium sedans such as Octavia, Superb along with the high-end hatchback Fabia in India
who will save these folks?
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:04   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
While it may seem like lot of friends and relatives of forum members have benefited from experience with Skoda sales and A.S.S, normal people are still buying like there is no tomorrow.
Economictimes today reports 98% increase in sales for SKODA for the month of October

who will save these folks?
God only can save them .I wish all of them Best of Luck and wish none of them have got a defective one.

Can any one give us more details like which city has contributed more

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 2nd November 2009 at 14:07.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:12   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
^^
That'd be taking it too far

The negative vibes have been here 'actively' since the past 6 odd months. Very strong ones at that.
The Skoda sales graphs in the recent months does not follow the same pattern for sure. It has been going up, if anything.

Yes, we as a team do have a BIG voice, can create an impact and result in a change; provided we channel our energies and efforts in the right track, in the right way.
No one at Tbhp is out to harm or malign Skoda. We have simply acted as a mirror for the company so they may see what is happening to their once superb reputation as a result of their practices.

While we have created awareness among our members and their friends and associates, we members have in no way gone out of our way to shoo prospective Skoda clients away.

As not all of the Indian car buying public is on TBhp, the impact of the information displayed on this forum has been limited therefore to members and their associates only.

A rise in sales of Skoda vehicles can also be attributed to the release of new models and options that the company has undertaken.

This bad publicity has cost Skoda in a loss of prospective sales (not to mention loss of face) among an informed group of consumers who are no longer willing to accept low quality and the nonprofessional attitude that has been meted out to some fellow members.

One must add here , in the spirit of Fairness that Skoda has taken steps to win back the trust and faith reposed in them by existing customers by replacing the cars that were causing all this furore.

Their actions must be commended.

Lastly, i feel it would have been better for everyone involved that such a situation should have not been allowed to arise in the first place by adhering to the stringent Quality Control that Skoda claims to follow

Last edited by Manuuj : 2nd November 2009 at 14:26.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:22   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
No one at Tbhp is out to harm or malign Skoda. We have simply acted as a mirror for the company so they may see what is happening to their once superb reputation as a result of their practices.
unfortunately some posts in this forum are writen just for the sake of writing , especailly by non skoda owners. A Skoda owner complaining is perfect and makes sense.

While we have created awareness among our members and their friends and associates, we members have in no way gone out of our way to shoo prospective Skoda clients away.

As not all of the Indian car buying public is on TBhp, the impact of the information displayed on this forum has been limited therefore to members and their associates only.
[/quote]
I dont regret buying a skoda, Its a wonderful Car , I had met with a serious accident 3 years back and the windscreen glass cut my knees almost 2 inch , so my top of head was hit by big splinter , I was shocked by the safety features and quality of this renowed indian brand. I dont want to harp negetively on this brand as you get what you are paid for VFM.

A rise in sales of Skoda vehicles can also be attributed to the release of new models and options that the company has undertaken.
[/quote]
People do their own research , Team Bhp need not be the only best place always to arrive at a decision.From past 6 months it is difficult to rate a post except for those written by expert mods in team Bhp like GTO , SidIndica to name a few.
Some views are just Scrap.
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:21   #132
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.I seriously do think Skoda are taking their customers seriously this time around after a lot of complaints. I also feel that most dealers are on the line of fire from Skoda if complaints are raised against them by both customers and non-customers alike. I know this personally since I complained and within a day I kept getting calls from my dealer apologizing. Yes Skoda might still be a long way in the @$$ front but there is no denying how wonderful their cars are and for some, its really worth the risk taking. I would definitely go for a Skoda again.
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:40   #133
BHPian

Okay, My turn now...!!!

I did a study before I wanted to upgrade my car. So I was stuck in between Accord, Civic, Octavia vRS & A Ford Mondeo--> ( My love for the mondeo's will never diminish) ..!!!

After reading all the stuff about Skoda A.S.S, and the horror stories, I still went for a very well maintained vRS, ready to take on anything , coming in between us. The reason's were many, one of being that driving an accord or a civic, would not get me the touch with myself (dont' even know what it means, it was just felt), and Mondeo would be a pain in th a**, to maintain since, looking at it's non production, and availability of spares.

Will cut a long story short here:- I have been driving my car, ever since I got her, and trust me, my driving has so much improved , cause even the thought of getting my car on some pothole, and imagining about the cost of suspensions and bushes and what not, gives me the

So over all , I would rather thank Skoda for making me a better driver, and not that rash old boy/man racer.

PS: I still not have had a chance to face the SKODA A.S.S., and hoping the same for a couple of months more.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:23   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
unfortunately some posts in this forum are writen just for the sake of writing , especailly by non skoda owners. A Skoda owner complaining is perfect and makes sense.

Some views are just Scrap.
[/i]
Dude that is the very point this poll is trying to make!!

The people who own Skodas have already complained and other Forum members who were considering buying a Skoda did not because of the negative feedback and Skoda lost out on potential customers..

The thread was started to gauge the potential business that Skoda lost.

Everyone is entitled to their views and this happens to be free forum..kindly desist from calling them "Scrap" just because your view differ.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:35   #135
BHPian

The picture is clear for all to see..after almost 200 votes 85% of the voters say that they have lost faith in Skoda and will not buy or recommend one as opposed to 15% who say that they still trust Skoda and will continue to buy and recommend it.

Lets see if Skoda can do something to turn the tide.

I think this thread has served its purpose and i request it may be closed.

Cheers all! Thanks for your inputs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks