Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Has the negative feedback on Skoda on TBhp affected your impression of Skoda India
Yes, I choose not to buy or recommend Skoda. 254 86.10%
No, I will still buy or recommend Skoda 41 13.90%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 09:40   #61
JRD
BHPian

We had paid in full for an octavia in 2004 but it never got delivered so decided to get a corolla instead. So from personal experience 11L they definitely lost. Plus the horror stories aren't helping future purchases.
Old 29th October 2009, 09:50   #62
BHPian

I think this is a good thread... atleast brings forth the view of 'potential loss' or absolute loyalty and backing among existing Skoda Owners.

Back to the discussion :

On my part, i was successful to move one Skoda buyer (he was considering Laura) to put away the purchase. Personally though I have liked and was eagerly looking forward for mini SUV 'Yeti's Launch' but am so much taken aback by the experiences posted here on t-bhp, that am better off with my money put elsewhere.

P.S: This is my first post! Mods, I hope to have complied to your 'code'
Old 29th October 2009, 10:30   #63
BANNED

Count me as one. Not only have I dropped Skoda off my radar but am advising friends to avoid them as well.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:38   #64
BHPian

How about having a poll on this? anyways, i am not planning to buy a new car in near future, however whenever i plan its not skoda for sure. in the mean time i asked one my friend to stay away from Skoda while he was about to book Fabia.

But i am still tempted by vRs, New Laura and Superb
Old 29th October 2009, 10:41   #65
BHPian

Yes, I did. I was about to purchase Skoda Fabia and even sold off my Siena for this change. But finally, I made up my mind to go in for the Swift D due to the reports from Team BHP about Skoda's spares/service/attitude issues.

A few months back, I could successfully stop my relative from upgrading to a Skoda Laura from his Lancer - citing the same after sales support issues.

Though I have not owned Skoda till date, I should accept the fact that I am still a fan of Skoda cars that screams quality IMHO! Whenever I come to know that Skoda has improved its after sales service and reduced the spare prices, I will buy one for me.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 29th October 2009 at 10:44.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:56   #66
BHPian

Count me in too. A month ago I purchased a corolla altis. It was last in my list. First one being Skoda Laura and second Honda Civic. But after reading team-bhp threads about skoda and Honda service, decided to go for the Toyota Corolla Altis. I may not have read anything very positive about Toyota service so far, but at the same time haven't read bad reviews as well. Whereas team-bhp is full of bad reviews and bad experiences as far as Skoda and Honda are concerened.

And now that I have been driving the Altis for a month and have experienced Toyota service to some extent, I definitely wanna say that it's the best service I have gotten so far. They have delivered what they promised and that too before time. And this goes for everything including the delivery of the car to the first service. I would honestly recommend Toyota to anyone. And if in Delhi then I would recommend Galaxy Toyota in defense colony.

Last edited by Somu2009 : 29th October 2009 at 10:58.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:11   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
How about having a poll on this?
How do i post a poll..and what should the poll be about ..what should the question be? Any help from the moderators would be welcome.

My reason for starting this thread was not to start mud slinging as Skoda has already sullied its reputation enough and does not require my assistance in any way, means or form, but to just gain some insight as to how much the power of information can cost a company that refuses to wake up and smell the coffee..

Here's an idea, when posting about the car that you did not buy/ dissuaded someone from buying would my fellow Bhpians please mention the cost so we can calculate a ballpark figure on the amount of business Skoda COULD HAVE HAD, but lost.

..further to this i would just like to add in reply to someones post that it is the Dealers and not Skoda who are responsible for this mess, i completely disagree. Only Skoda can control their Dealers and are fully responsible for their behavior and it is time for Skoda India to OWN RESPONSIBILITY.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:17   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I have convinced a few friends and my uncle from buying a Skoda. Definitely. They dont deserve to be in the country.

As for us, I didnt need to convince my dad about anything. He knows how pathetic the dealers and the company people are anyway and straightaway rejected any Skoda suggestion.

The sad part is, they do make some wonderful cars.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:22   #69
BHPian

Well even i decided not to buy skoda . And i always suggest people to stay away from it . Its not only team-bhp members who knows the horror stories . There are many people who always crib about skoda spares parts prices and service costs.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

I got a relative of mine to cancel their booking of the Fabia petrol after showing them a few horror stories about Skoda A.S.S and Skoda car problems. I myself would never buy a Skoda anytime soon no matter how good and upmarket they may seem.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:06   #71
BANNED

OT:

Does anyone know how to count how many people answered "yes" and how many of them went ahead and bought a Skoda ?

That would really help with ratios . this is something out of personal interest .
Old 29th October 2009, 12:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I going quite against the tide. I bought my Superb inspite of the horror stories with my fingers crossed.
Two friends were seriously considering buying the latest Superb and Fabia. I advised them against it and so they are considering other cars.

After reading the terrible reviews of Skoda here on Teambhp, one is asking for trouble if one buys a Skoda in India.

The i20 and Accord/Camry/Jetta/Passat seem to be better alternatives than the Fabia and Superb respectively.

Last edited by Dose : 29th October 2009 at 12:23.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:35   #73
BHPian

I bought an Octavia in 2007 before all the warnings here on Team-BHP and am very happy with it. To be honest I have not had any issues with the service from Marikar in Trivandrum-I had prompt and professional attention at each service and the one out-of-service problem I had with the A/C was`sorted quickly.

Will I buy another Skoda? In view of all the adverse reports, perhaps not.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:47   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
As a Skoda owner, I am fairly happy with my dealer, Vinayak.
The problem is that even with a good dealer like Vinayak, one has to depend on Skoda India to honour the warranties. And looking at the terrible way they are currently treating harishv, having a few good dealers is not enough for me to recommend a Skoda to friends.

Based on the different Teambhp reports, Skoda India seem to be, for the most part, a bunch of dishonest people who are in bed with their dishonest dealers.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:47   #75
BHPian

Please start a poll on this issue . That will be more effective to know the opinion of t-bhp members.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks