Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Has the negative feedback on Skoda on TBhp affected your impression of Skoda India
Yes, I choose not to buy or recommend Skoda. 254 86.10%
No, I will still buy or recommend Skoda 41 13.90%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 21:41   #91
Team-BHP Support

Had almost booked the Superb 1.8TSi and finalised the Rosso Brunello colour also.

At the last minute got the jitters and did not take the risk even though product was fantastic.

Finally bought a Corolla Altis.
Old 29th October 2009, 21:56   #92
Senior - BHPian

I don't take meaningless pride in not recommending Skodas. They're fantastic cars in theory, and with the new Laura and Superb, they've really done a good job too, with looks / pricing / engine & transmission options. They ARE taking the efforts.

BUT IN THE WRONG DEPARTMENT !! What the hell about A.S.S. ? And reliability ? Aren't they critical to the success of the company?
Old 29th October 2009, 22:29   #93
BHPian

Was thinking of Yeti as my next would be, but after reading the blunder they are committing at Team-BHP and seeing the horrors from one of my friends, I am not thinking about the brand again. Also their spares are expensive and maintainance is pocket pinching.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:21   #94
BHPian

Yes I did cancel the 1.8Laura

I was on the verge of taking the 1.8 Laura a few months ago but after reading the horror stories here I waited and went and booked the Cruze a fortnight ago. I thought my Junkindica was the pits but Skoda has made the TATA's look angelic.

I have been a good Samaritan and convinced 5 of my friends from buying various Skoda cars.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:33   #95
BHPian

After reading horror stories of Skoda service i will never ever buy a skoda in my life. I will surely enlighten or caution other prospective buyers about skoda service though i will not stop them from buying one if they want to.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:40   #96
BHPian

I had actively considered the Fabia but what finally made me decide against it are (a) noisy (primitive?) engine, and (b) high maintenance cost (purportedly). At that time there was this topic about the cost of a Skoda wheel cap and everybody chimed in.
Old 30th October 2009, 07:50   #97
BHPian

Me and my friend were on a look out for a car. My friend was interested in the Fabia. I educated him about some of the horror experiences and he decided against Fabia.
I bought a Spark and recommended the same to him. Though he was skeptical initially, he ended up buying the spark as he knows that I am a car buff and would have done my research.

Why we bought the spark was because it is to be used by our wifes and they are new to driving.

Needless to say my friend is happy on the decision made.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:14   #98
BANNED

I wish the poll was better worded. Yes for a negative is somewhat confusing at first sight. May be the mods can change the language slightly.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:58   #99
Senior - BHPian

a) After continuously reading about After sales support attitude I have not even listed Laura into my next car's list which is going to be finalised with in a month or so.

b) Company's Admin was about to order 5-7 Superbs for company directors, showed them the harish's thread

c) Recently a close friend took delivery of corolla AT instead of laura, after running a search on t-bhp for "skoda issues"

d) Asked a brother-in-law to pickup Cruze, instead of Octavia
Old 30th October 2009, 11:46   #100
vij
BHPian

You might show people buying Octavia, alternatives, but the SUPERB stands out as a product. It becomes a difficult decision
Old 30th October 2009, 12:01   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
You might show people buying Octavia, alternatives, but the SUPERB stands out as a product. It becomes a difficult decision
Definitely it is, but admin people literally jumped up looking at multiple ECU failure cases of Superb.

Last edited by ashthedivx : 30th October 2009 at 12:04.
Old 30th October 2009, 12:05   #102
evo
BHPian

damn, pressed the wrong button on the poll. Obviously will not recco or buy one till Skoda does something concrete
Old 30th October 2009, 12:05   #103
BHPian

I was thinking of a Fabia last year. As we discuss a lot on cars at work, I know a few ppl who were pretty skeptical of Skoda A.S.S experience.

Upon research Tbhp too gave a first hand account and it was a real eye opener. Also advised an uncle to avoid a used octavia he'd seen. He bought my advice instead of the car

To be fair to Skoda I have never owned their cars but have no intention to, either. Not worth the risk, also due to the bomb of a price they charge.

What if some idiot from Skoda someday writes to me, saying we cannot support you further?
Old 30th October 2009, 12:06   #104
Senior - BHPian

Just met a friend who owns a Laura, the other day. Even he was telling me about the probs he is facing with the Air Con system and other electrical devices.

I def wont recommend it to anyone until i start hearing some good ownership reviews.

Shan2nu
Old 30th October 2009, 12:38   #105
BHPian

I've owned Skodas right from the brand's launch in India, and yes, the service experience is not the greatest, I would agree. I think some of you haven't had the experience of German cars- most German origin cars have high upkeep costs, I know from Mercedes and Opel. Spare prices are high and sometimes absurdly disproportionate. That's the trade-off for durability and solidity. The dealership doesn't have transparent practices as well.

But then who has? I am yet to find one single facility which is wholly satisfactory- save for the Mercedes and the BMW, but then with BMW, it's still early days and I've their service package- God help me if I hadn't. And did you know, I just discovered my favorite Hyundai workshop has replaced my unused spare tire with a worn one after service, and they took the trouble even though it was on an alloy of not too common design!

People who have owned Opels and Mercedeses won't be complaining too much about Skoda, I reckon. But the experience of owning W124 + Astra, then W210 + Octavia, and W211 + Laura is well worth the premium.

Last edited by Yeldo : 30th October 2009 at 12:42.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks