Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Is this really official????
Read first post again.

Its "insider" info.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:49   #32
BHPian

is the "hill holder" any different from the anti roll back system in automatic transmission cars.
The auto headlamp and wipers is a good addition. Satnav in India i doubt it, but could be useful in metro cities.
Old 30th October 2009, 17:02   #33
BHPian

What exactly is a T_Jet? Does it povide linear power delivery or a adrenalin dose beyond a certain rpm?
Old 30th October 2009, 17:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
What exactly is a T_Jet? Does it povide linear power delivery or a adrenalin dose beyond a certain rpm?
T-Jet is just a naming Fiat uses. It is nothing but a single turbo 1.4 Fire engine. When there is a turbo, there will definitely be a turbo lag, we have to wait and see how it has been tuned by FIAT.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:25   #35
BHPian

I will believe this when I see it launched .

If & when T-Jet is launched hope FIAT has common sense to upgrade and gives us proper tyres. Then it will be an awesome C--Y killer
Old 30th October 2009, 18:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

its definitely goin to give the altis and the civic sleepless nights.

The model am really looking forward to is 1.6 ltr diesel verion.thats seriously going to be a rocket of a car.
hope they give it with a sunroof parking sensor and fatter tires.
Old 30th October 2009, 19:06   #37
BHPian

If these specifications are true, one thing is for sure; people will stop comparing it with Dzire, Manza, Fiesta (Petrol variants).
I would predict Linea with T-Jet engine will go the i20 way and soar the charts by June or July 2010.

Also to note here is not just a new heart for a excellent looking car but FIAT-TATA JV is slowly making inroads into Maruti, Hyundai and Ford territory.Competitors of this JV should not just ignore them and not always point to A.S.S to the customers. Just wait and watch in few years, their A.S.S will be competing with industry leaders.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:25   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
is the "hill holder" any different from the anti roll back system in automatic transmission cars.
The auto headlamp and wipers is a good addition. Satnav in India i doubt it, but could be useful in metro cities.
The hill holder provides greater ease of vehicular control on hills and in traffic.

When a driver stops their vehicle on an incline where the nose of the car is sufficiently higher than the rear of the car, the system is engaged when the driver's foot is depressing the brake pedal, and then the clutch pedal is fully depressed.

Once set, the driver must keep the clutch pedal fully depressed, however, they may remove his or her foot from the brake pedal. To disengage the system and move the car forward, the driver selects first gear, feathers (applies) the gas pedal, and slowly releases the clutch pedal, which, at a point in its travel, releases the braking system allowing the car to proceed.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:42   #39
BHPian

Great news! But the TSi engines of Skoda are of similar technology I believe and there have been instances of them failing when regular petrol was used. I hope Fiat did the homework with the engine regarding Indian quality fuel.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news! Thanks for sharing.

I only hope that people dont compare it now with the HONDA Civic and say its still underpowered compared to a Honda which is of a similar size to Linea!
Old 30th October 2009, 20:43   #41
BHPian

This is very good news for all driving enthusiasts here. I hope Fiat also improves the plastic quality of it's interiors this will surely give a certain Japanese auto major a very tough competition.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:43   #42
BHPian

tumhare moonh main ghee shakar .
but i will believe it when i see it. fiat has been pricing its car right i just hope they tune the engine right.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:56   #43
BHPian

Great News! But will still take it with a pinch of salt, I would wait to see it before I believe. All those sites only talk about diesel linea in January and we now see a Petrol. I would rather prefer a Diesel. Anyway, lets wait for the official news.. till then
Old 30th October 2009, 21:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Pete's should be carrying the remaps for this engine, by the time its launched, fellas.
Stage 1 should be 140bhp.
But, don't expect FE!
Old 30th October 2009, 21:39   #45
BHPian

well i wonder wat the real fuss is all about!
ANHC stands at 118bhp and still Linea T-JET (117 bhp) is already proclaimed to compete with 130 bhp Civic ! Yeah agree that the torque levels are on the higher side but again bhp does matter right?

And is the turbo stuff really successful in ordinary cars? I know we have it in Skoda's and the upper premium segments belonging to the Merc BMW etc.

A brand new thing and already people started celebrating! Just give it some time guys! Till then I guess we can be more happy with a "petted" Linea MJD (90bhp + petes power = 115+bhp and 230+ torque ?) - not bad right?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks