Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 23:35   #121
BHPian

What about interior quality and plastics quality, Is Fiat seriously thinking to improve on that front?
Until that happens I don't see much improvement in sales figures.

To whomsoever I talk about Fiat Linea/Punto the first thing we discuss is poor interior plastic quality.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:21   #122
BHPian

Palio or Manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan0677 View Post
Thats news! I am curious too!
However, with Fiat's current lineup I would bet on the GP to have such a variant - the flagship performance hatch for FIAT in India. Lesser Risk, More volumes and more margin, I would say, with A GP T-Jet Performance edition. Especially with the i20 running from strength to strength in that class.
That is, unless, FIAT decides to set the roads on fire with a Indian-bulit BRAVO at about 12L, give or take a few grand!

Cheers
Trust me this leaves me in a fine mess, I had finalised Manza Aura + then I heard about the new Palio and started hoping that it would have the Tjet as a replacement for the 1.6 palio. and then someone mentioned that the 1.4 tJet could come on the Manza so now im just going in circles.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:48   #123
BHPian

Tjet in Manza n Palio!!! I think we are dreaming big time. Best bet is Tjet in Punto in next 6 months (probably for 1st anniversary of punto)
Old 9th November 2009, 00:14   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Tjet in Manza n Palio!!! I think we are dreaming big time. Best bet is Tjet in Punto in next 6 months (probably for 1st anniversary of punto)
Yea, I'm thinking this is the most possible outcome too. But still hoping the Tjet is announced in both Linea and Punto in the Auto show.
Old 9th November 2009, 00:16   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Yea, I'm thinking this is the most possible outcome too. But still hoping the Tjet is announced in both Linea and Punto in the Auto show.
I too believe that Punto will be getting the T-jet along with Linea. But I am sceptical about the 1.3 VGT going under the Punto's bonnet before Linea gets the 1.6/1.9 MJD.
Old 9th November 2009, 00:21   #126
BHPian

Why not palio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I think if not manza they might definitely plonk it on the new palio(we re getting the one released in brazil) as an option to the 1.6. Currently the 1.6 OTR is 5L as opposed to the punto e+ OTR of 6.5L so even if they charge a premium of 50K assuming they launch the palio with TJet , since the price difference is still of a lakh between the two and if at all they launch the punto with the same engine the monetary difference will increase further so the palio and punto wont cannibalise each other?

Well anyways thats my opinion and Im keeping my fingers crossed about it.
Old 9th November 2009, 10:52   #127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
What about interior quality and plastics quality, Is Fiat seriously thinking to improve on that front?
Until that happens I don't see much improvement in sales figures.

To whomsoever I talk about Fiat Linea/Punto the first thing we discuss is poor interior plastic quality.
I do not understand why people have to point things in inappropriate tone and words with regards to Fiat with no reference.
I own a Maruti and two at that .But saying Fiat has a bad plastic is not appropriate. It is agreed in some parts finish is not to the level expected .But at the same time can people please check out other things which are much better than other cars. Also can people also check out the rigidity of that plastic that people say is inferior .

At the same time why do people not talk about how the car bodies get dented in case of maruti , Honda and many other manufacturers when children just lean on them ?

Also this thread is specifically regarding TJet mode .I wonder why people talk about A.S.S when there are other threads dedicated to that specifically.
I request people to not drag the same non issues everywhere they see FIAT.
Agreed A.S.S was not good but it is improving and we see numerous examples of that in the ownership section.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 9th November 2009 at 10:57.
Old 9th November 2009, 20:56   #128
BHPian

Bulls eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I do not understand why people have to point things in inappropriate tone and words with regards to Fiat with no reference.
I own a Maruti and two at that .But saying Fiat has a bad plastic is not appropriate. It is agreed in some parts finish is not to the level expected .But at the same time can people please check out other things which are much better than other cars. Also can people also check out the rigidity of that plastic that people say is inferior .

At the same time why do people not talk about how the car bodies get dented in case of maruti , Honda and many other manufacturers when children just lean on them ?

Also this thread is specifically regarding TJet mode .I wonder why people talk about A.S.S when there are other threads dedicated to that specifically.
I request people to not drag the same non issues everywhere they see FIAT.
Agreed A.S.S was not good but it is improving and we see numerous examples of that in the ownership section.
Hey Trust,

Very well said. I do firmly believe that everyone has their own right to the choice of cars and we are no one to comment on it but where people point out that fiat has poor quality plastics no one points out that just because a product is well made doesent mean its equally well built. Maruti makes cars which are not so tough it definitely prices its products accordingly unlike some companies which charge a premium just for the badge. Everyone used to crib that palio gives a poor average which used to be between 10-12 but no one complaints when Swift petrol gives the same average do they. All brands have their pros and cons so let them be at their rightful place and let individuals make the choice. I can say this as I own 2 Zensand a Linea E+ both and am aware of merits of both brands.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:27   #129
BHPian

Guys, I was at Concorde mysore road yesterday and casually talked with one of the Fiat sales person. I asked about engine upgrades in Punto - he said there is no news on that yet, but early next yr we might hear something, especially considering that Linea will get the 1.6 MJD! I could hardly believe what he said and argued that its only the Tjet that is expected (thanks to T-Bhp , but he confidently went on about the 1.6 MJD, even stating that this has been confirmed to them by Fiat. I continued to argue on the yet to be developed & tested gearbox for that engine, but he still insisted that the 1.6MJD is due sometime by Jan/Feb next yr.
When I quizzed him about the Tjet, he said he was not aware of such an engine itself - sort of reminded me of the comedy of dealership errors thread
Old 21st November 2009, 00:17   #130
Senior - BHPian

what is the use of launching this when they cannot even give a proper A.S.S to already existing customers. It is pathetic to see that Tata is not deliverig proper A.S.S to lineas. i am suffering because of it. It doesnt augur well to launch another variant and then make people like me suffer
Old 21st November 2009, 02:01   #131
BANNED

I do not if it soothes others but my neighbor bough the new Estilo and rammed it and broke the headlight. The headlight came in 3 weeks and he stays in Delhi.So saying FIAT is all shoddy in *** will be wrong .Yes there are loose ends but there is huge difference between 2003-04 days and present.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 21st November 2009 at 02:03.
Old 21st November 2009, 16:43   #132
BHPian

I would say the A** is getting better, but availability of spares itself is a cause for concern. While chatting with the same sales guy got to know that spares for fiat are not as readily avialable yet, in comparison to tata. hope this improves over time
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:53   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
This new car is sure to wipeout the whole range of sedans with its EVP status and awesome performance!!!

Watch Out Honda City the Linea's coming to get you- with pure 120bhp REVENGE!
Yes, yes, yes! This is what I was waiting for. C'mon Fiat kick some backsides, especially Honda's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
well i wonder wat the real fuss is all about!
ANHC stands at 118bhp and still Linea T-JET (117 bhp) is already proclaimed to compete with 130 bhp Civic ! Yeah agree that the torque levels are on the higher side but again bhp does matter right?

And is the turbo stuff really successful in ordinary cars? I know we have it in Skoda's and the upper premium segments belonging to the Merc BMW etc.
Well even torque helps in performance. Torque helps in pulling and BHP helps in reaching and maintaining high speeds. So the specs are definetly better than ANHC. ANHC's lighter though but the 0-100 timings confirm Linea T-Jet as faster. And oh yes, turbos do help but a lot depends on the way it's tuned along with the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
The international spec one makes the same torque at a much lower 1750 rpm, any clue why its different? Not that 2500 is bad for a petrol engine, but still 1750 would have been ubercool.
That's because of the tuning, all in the interests of FE. I guess Fiat now knows that even in performance models the FE shouldn't be that bad otherwise they'll not sell here.
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:57   #134
Senior - BHPian

In one way, this is an embarassment for FIAT.
It needs a turbo charger to catch up to a Honda's N.A. engine.
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

Now the only thing fiat has to do is launch the vehicle with a killer pricetag.
But Am pretty sure the honda will have better mileage becuase of the constant spooling in the linea.
Still would prefer the Linea.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks