Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 12:47   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
@firstguri: You atleast got a sensible reply from the salesman. When i asked about it, he corrected me saying "Saar, you got the engine name wrong. It's not T-Jet, it's Multi T-jet and is already available". I realized there is no point in arguing further.

Hahaha!

Mul-T Jet

Anyone got any updates on the gearbox for the 1.6?
Old 7th December 2009, 14:23   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
@firstguri: You atleast got a sensible reply from the salesman. When i asked about it, he corrected me saying "Saar, you got the engine name wrong. It's not T-Jet, it's Multi T-jet and is already available". I realized there is no point in arguing further.
Multi T-Jet. And to top it off-"its already available". Grules why didn't you ask for a test-drive?

@EssYouWe
Sorry dude, no info on that. Infact I dont even know if they're making a separate gearbox for India or its gonna be their intl' one only!

Last edited by firstguri : 7th December 2009 at 14:25.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:25   #168
BHPian

SPOTTED New Fiat Linea

Offlate few auto blogs have come up with the new fiat Linea scoop.As suggested by them the revamped beauty has some minor changes and all will be on display in the Auto Expo.

The Changes are

1. New engine mount for lesser vibaration
2. Tweak in ECU for better mileage and some changes with gear box for better delivery of torque.
3. Falling of the Crome has been fixed. Not sure if they had removed it completly
4.Improvised AC unit, less sound more comfort
5.Durability issues with the dashboard and other utilities have been taken care.
6. T-Jet engine - Hmm not sure have to wait till the actual announcement
7. New glossier and improved paint job. New colour should be there as well.

Hopefully with fiat all ears to its customers, I am made to believe that the launch should bring an end to some of the issues Linea had before and ofcourse hopefully no new issues are reported.

Source: Motoroids and Motorbeam.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:47   #169
Senior - BHPian

this has been covered by sidindica in one of the earlier threads.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:51   #170
Senior - BHPian

Similar thread

also a thread on Linea launch already present at below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...2010-a-12.html

@Mods

Could you kindly merge the thread
Old 18th December 2009, 11:05   #171
BHPian

My friend is planning to book Linea diesel this January.

Should I ask him to wait or let him do the booking?

Please advise.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:18   #172
BHPian

By Auto Expo 2010 things will be clear. And his plan is to anyway wait till jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
My friend is planning to book Linea diesel this January.

Should I ask him to wait or let him do the booking?

Please advise.
Old 18th December 2009, 21:11   #173
cLJ
BHPian

I am just waiting for new Linea with T-Jet engine. I have time upto February, otherwise I will go for City.

Thanks
Old 18th December 2009, 23:06   #174
BHPian

I hope they raise the GC just a little bit so as to not scrape the bottom over the small hills they call speedbreakers!
Old 19th December 2009, 12:24   #175
BHPian

Flogging for ANHC

I really do hope that FIAT launches the T-Jet by Feb 10.Even if it launches it with the features of curret linea (which exceed ANHC anyways) It will kick ANHC where it hurts the most. And my personal opinion is HONDA needs to price its range for the features it offers than for the badge. Accord is getting hit by Superb, Civic is getting hit by Cruze and Laura and finally Jazz is getting hit by everyone (from 2k a month to a mere 500+) still honda doesent realise this thing. The only car yet to take a hit from honda stable is the ANHC and I hope the new Linea knocks its socks off.

Last edited by MihirC : 19th December 2009 at 12:28.
Old 20th December 2009, 00:26   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
I really do hope that FIAT launches the T-Jet by Feb 10.Even if it launches it with the features of curret linea (which exceed ANHC anyways) It will kick ANHC where it hurts the most. And my personal opinion is HONDA needs to price its range for the features it offers than for the badge. Accord is getting hit by Superb, Civic is getting hit by Cruze and Laura and finally Jazz is getting hit by everyone (from 2k a month to a mere 500+) still honda doesent realise this thing. The only car yet to take a hit from honda stable is the ANHC and I hope the new Linea knocks its socks off.
Yes even I hope that T-Jet really 'jets off'. I dont like Honda charging a premium for their cars. Agreed they make good cars but to take Indians for a ride and charge a premium just because there's no one else to match them is like cheating! I mean what does Honda think of us and what does it think its running- some circus that it can just run amok as far as pricing is concerned. They always start offering things when there's competition. Before that they're hardly bothered about it and are busy raking in the 'premium' money. They make great cars but this snobbish attitude towards Indians really makes me pray that someone, somewhere really hits Honda hard so that the next time they think twice before even charging the 'P' of premium to Indians.

Last edited by firstguri : 20th December 2009 at 00:30.
Old 20th December 2009, 02:28   #177
BHPian

If the current linea with amazing FE figures doesn't sell enough, don't expect Linea T-jet to make a difference. This car would just be a niche player, nothing more. No Automobile manufacturer in India sells more performance variant than the oil burners. This is THE fact.
Old 20th December 2009, 11:20   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
If the current linea with amazing FE figures doesn't sell enough, don't expect Linea T-jet to make a difference. This car would just be a niche player, nothing more. No Automobile manufacturer in India sells more performance variant than the oil burners. This is THE fact.
Absolutely. I dunno why people talk a lot about Honda taking everyone for a ride. I mean Honda is not forcing you to buy them. The fact that ANHC is selling so many is because people see value in it. Jazz is suffering due to improper pricing and the market has determined that it fails. So, if Honda has erred on the pricing market will take care of it. So if T-Jet is priced right and offers greater value (overall and not just a product value), it will impact ANHC else it will continue to be the same old story.
Old 25th December 2009, 00:45   #179
BHPian

I tried to enquire about the imminent launch of 1.4 TJet with the Tata-Fiat dealership. The response I got was "Yes, we are planning to launch a 1.6 Diesel but no date yet". I took pains to explain it was a turbo-charged petrol engine that was about to be launched, and didnt get a familiar expression on his face.

Either way, the noise on blogs and google.com is becoming quite louder about the Jan-2010 launch of the TJet.
Old 25th December 2009, 13:20   #180
BANNED

Autocar India has confirmed that 1.4 Tjet will be lauched during auto expo in their Jan 2010 magzine edition.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks