Team-BHP - Xylo E8 now also with dual airbags
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Xylo E8 now also with dual airbags (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/68442-xylo-e8-now-also-dual-airbags.html)

Mahindra has quietly added dual airbags in optional package in addition to ABS in xylo E8, not confirmed whether price is increased or not.
Source: new xylo bochure.

At last Airbags on Xylo. Hope they start offering in scorpio too. Wonder what made them to delay so long to offer the airbags?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarvodaya (Post 1558939)
At last Airbags on Xylo. Hope they start offering in scorpio too. Wonder what made them to delay so long to offer the airbags?

Exactly. They waited for the market to respond when they should have at least offered the E8 with ii during the launch.

Sidindica, I am sure there will be a marginal increase in the price. They did the same when they offered ABS on the E8.

Now they should offer an auto option and pip toyota innova to it

well this is what was missing from mahindra stable to offer airbags on xylo as well as scorpio too, why nothing as been offered for scorpio as well?

» VARIANTS

Safetyjust saw xylo website but nothing as so far added on their records to say airbags are added on E8.

:: Welcome to Mahindra Xylo co.in ::

This is the brochure shot, look at the top of it. Sorry for the atrocious quality.

I wish they add anti-roll bars and side impact beam to make it more safer car and to extend this option for all variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1559059)
This is the brochure shot, look at the top of it. Sorry for the atrocious quality.

thanks sid for the brochure shot man, nice to know airbags are offered now, seems their website is not yet updated with that information.Any idea of airbags offered on top end scorpio as well sid?

Good to see Indian manufacturers giving high priority towards safety. As Canonball mentioned an A/T variant of xylo would hit the innova real hard.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the first time that Mahindra has offered air bags on any of their offerings (at least in India). I am also hopeful that the Scorpio gets the same option. I think these additions are due to their secret SUV project which is nearing completion and is spinning off goodies for the rest.

A very smart move by Mahindra indeed.

But shouldn't they introduce airbags on the Scorpio top model as well since it is their flagship model.

Guys, i am sure scorpio will have airbags too, very soon. have a look at this scoop from Vicky.in | Indian Auto Portal | Automobile Website | Specification | Prices | Reviews | Test Drive | Pictures | Wallpapers | New Launches

Quote:

* Mahindra is becoming safety conscious atleast now. The scorpio which is available with ABS will now get Airbags. Mahindra would equip the top end variants (VLX) with twin airbags. The launch will happen in December or at auto expo
* Following the Scorpio, Mahindra hot selling product Xylo would also get airbags

Here is the correct Link: Hot Scoops on Mahindra Scorpio, Xylo, Thar and W201 | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1558954)
Now they should offer an auto option and pip toyota innova to it

I second that cannonball. Just hope they get to it before I absolutely have to buy my next vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takumi-san (Post 1560050)
Correct me if I am wrong but this is the first time that Mahindra has offered air bags on any of their offerings (at least in India). I am also hopeful that the Scorpio gets the same option. I think these additions are due to their secret SUV project which is nearing completion and is spinning off goodies for the rest.

Yes. This is the first time they are offering airbags in India. All things going towards the right direction.