Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 18:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Toyota Qualis - Product Review / Discussion

Can someone share the specifications of the Toyota Qualis petrol? Did it have the 2.0L petrol which was offered on the innova?
Old 9th November 2016, 23:08   #62
BANNED

I too have purchased 2000 model Qualis GST for 1.25 lacs and refurbished it. As you said I totally fell in love with her. I always prefer Qualis than my Duster for daily commute. Only thing I apprehend that government may now ban this car as more than 15 years old.

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd March 2019 at 09:19. Reason: Typo corrected.
Old 10th November 2016, 00:30   #63
BHPian

Toyota Qualis - Product Review / Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaslaw View Post
I too have purchased 2000 model Qualis GST for 1.25 lacs and refurbished it.
I have a 2000 GS myself and would like to refurbish it if the pricing works out. Checking with Lanson Toyota it will work out to about 4L and hence was holding back. Can you share your repairs and improvement with cost? Which city did you do this in? I am in Chennai.
Old 14th November 2016, 15:49   #64
BANNED

Hi diyguy,
Its not worth to spend 4 lacs on qualis. I have invested one lac rupees. The work was done at Nagpur. There is nothing major to be done in qualis, if your car is not rusted and engine is in good helth then only i suggest to start the project.
Old 14th November 2016, 16:15   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaslaw View Post
if your car is not rusted and engine is in good helth then only i suggest to start the project.
thank you for the reply rajaslaw, my car has no rust but a door needs replacement. There is need for tinkering and painting as well. All door beadings need to be replaced. Engine is fine. I get some squeaks from the front suspension. Recently when I wanted to change the front bearing (right side - recommended by MRF Tyredrome) the service advisor told me many other things need to be replaced and gave me a quote of 40K. I do all service so far only at Lanson toyota. Was your work done at a Toyota ASS in Nagpur?
Old 14th November 2016, 19:47   #66
BANNED

No, i have done the work at local garages. In my case denting and painting cost was 40k, cushioning at rs 8k, changed power steering pump for 7k and other etc work was done. If you can afford Toyota workshop then its best. But is it worth spending that much on old vehicle when we dont know when it will be banned.
Old 21st March 2019, 17:42   #67
BHPian

Bumping old thread. Can Qualis still be serviced at Toyota Authorized Service Stations. What about availability of spares ?
Old 21st March 2019, 22:15   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Bumping old thread. Can Qualis still be serviced at Toyota Authorized Service Stations. What about availability of spares ?

Yes, the Qualis can still be serviced for routine services like oil change, brake oil and other general check up. However, the spares are no longer readily available and it has to be imported from outside India and a spare can take upto a month to reach the servive station after raising the request. I remember they charged the MCB brake booster at around 1 Lakh rupees. They even told that one particular Qualis had its engine completely overhauled after it had run 4 lakh kms and the owner paid a fortune upwards of 2 lakhs for the repair charges, with the intention of never selling the car for the next 10 years.
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 22:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

I guess it wont be a bad idea if for Toyota to name its upcoming Maruti-based C-MPV as Qualis.
Old 13th December 2021, 22:08   #70
BHPian

Hello people,

I have a requirement for a cheap van/mpv for a race transport ( carry bikes). I looked at some wingers on OLX but they want Rs. 3lakh+ for 1lakh+ kms driven run down vehicles and I was sceptical about tata reliability in general and the unsafe character of a van.

But there are some fine examples of the qualis for 2-3 lakhs which have run more than 1.5-2 lakhs kms. will these still be reliable afterward provided it's been maintained ? My usage will be rare, may be once or twice a month to local track and a longish trip may be once a year. Have 2 other cars for daily use

Also will it be able to carry 2 bikes in the back? Say a duke/rc 290 which is 2 mtrs long and impulse/xpulse which is about 2.1-2.2 mtrs.

The cars in question are not in my city so not able to measure first hand. If anyone has a clue or have tried this before please pitch in...

Ps. I saw the pics of the rx loaded in the back on this very thread but the rx is diminutive so wasn't sure.

Cheers.

Most Viewed