Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

It looks far better now, a bit Accordish.
The old one was ugly.

Never knew it costed 31lac. Buy the V6 Superb for that money.
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
the crv is now for 30 laks plus and comp. reg. is 31 laks, so with this more 50k added. stupid honda is doing too much drugs now i feel.
I got my 2.0 L CRV for 18.3 lacs ON Road in Kolkata in March 2008

It is the only "asset" which has appreciated in the last 1.5 years

Honda... i suggest you back away from bong pipe..

p.s. The grill and airbags are a welcome addition..

Last edited by AbhiJ : 2nd November 2009 at 20:54.
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:00   #18
BHPian

Is it just me or does the revamped front have a M-Class touch to it? Slight.
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Honda has lost it with the CR-V.That is insane pricing.Honda's starting to lose it here.They need diesels.Pronto.
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Honda has lost it with the CR-V.That is insane pricing.Honda's starting to lose it here.They need diesels.Pronto.
Even diesel can't save CRV because it would be priced at least 31+ 2-3 lac which would end up in Q5, X3 territory which has a better Brand value than Honda though they are petrol.So people might move to Q5 or X3 instead of CRV.
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
the crv is now for 30 laks plus and comp. reg. is 31 laks, so with this more 50k added. stupid honda is doing too much drugs now i feel.
I never knew the CR-V costs 30L ! Now suddenly the X-Trail pricing doesn't seem absurd. At this price the X Trail seems like a steal. Not to forget that it's a 2.0L diesel. And that slick AT with Tiptronic. And ESP. And Hill Assist. And 6 airbags.
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:29   #22
BHPian

If I wanted prestige I add another 5-8L on my budget and get the three stalk(the Merc C-Klasse). After all they share the same capabilities.

If I wanted a road burner I would add some more L and get the Beamer.

If i wanted more space I would save 7L and buy the Skoda(and break my head looking for the spares).

If i wanted more grace(and technology to speak off) I would buy the Passat.

If I wanted to look like a Arabian king I would buy the Nissan.

If I wanted some mild fun occasionally I would save 7L and get a trusted and a lot more capable SUV(Toyota Fortuner).

If I wanted a Honda engine I would buy this car(nah not an SUV).

I cant even count on how this car became a 14L to a 25L car without any change in the features in the past 6-7 years and what more its dropped the engine size too.
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:29   #23
BHPian

The main reason behind CRV's jump in pricing is attributed to strengthening of Indian Rupee against US$ according to Honda. But then the same must be held true for other CBU's like Chevrolet Captiva and Nissan X-Trail. In fact, their prices haven't increased exponentially as Honda's. Honda has indeed become bit arrogant and greedy of late. They just seem to justify high cost of CRV and Jazz. Just because their flagship car NHC is a runaway success doesn't mean they're going to hit home runs at their will. They must get their act quickly and instead of riding on HONDA brand wave, they must provide value for money vehicles. That's where HONDA was at it's best.
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

i never liked it. you actually need binoculars and a magnifying glass to id the differences and now they charge Rs.50000 more??
the captiva makes more sense than this, only if it was more cheaper.
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
The main reason behind CRV's jump in pricing is attributed to strengthening of Indian Rupee against US$ according to Honda. But then the same must be held true for other CBU's like Chevrolet Captiva and Nissan X-Trail. In fact, their prices haven't increased exponentially as Honda's. Honda has indeed become bit arrogant and greedy of late.
The real reason is that Japanese Yen has become very strong against Indian rupee so all Japanese CBUs have become expensive. GV AT is 22L on road in Bangalore, CRV AT is 30L and X-trail is 33L+ on road. If GV is 22L, I can easily imagine paying 27L for CRV but 30L is way overpriced, no doubt about it. Nissan X-trail, inspite of its diesel engine and few nifty features, is horribly priced for a softroader.

The right way for these manufacturers to go about, is to go the SKD/CKD route. That will be much cheaper than importing CBUs from Japan and sell it here.

All these overpriced SUVs are allowing Outlander to get away with higher pricing as well even though it is not a CBU import.
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I got my 2.0 L CRV for 18.3 lacs ON Road in Kolkata in March 2008

It is the only "asset" which has appreciated in the last 1.5 years

Honda... i suggest you back away from bong pipe..

p.s. The grill and airbags are a welcome addition..
You WHAT ??

Seriously? In 1.5 yrs the cost has gone up more than 1.5 times ??

That'd be a first in automotive history.

Smartest INVESTMENT you did IMO.
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:15   #27
BHPian

Frankly I am disappointed. To a untrained eye like me I hardly see any diffrence. And is Honda making a mockery of the customers by just adding airbags and usb drive and jacking up the price by 50K. Even a 16L Tuscon has them or for that matter a Grand Vitara has them as standard. So I pay 10L more than a Tuscon to get a fuel-guzzling petrol engine and be happy with a "H" badge , is that what Honda expects?

--Vikrant
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:43   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The CRV is and has always been according to me at least, a complete bling bling pretentious vehicle.
It offers absolutely no value for money when keeping in mind its competitors.
Now with the price increase frankly I can only surmise that they've let things go to their heads and badly need a reality check.
Notwithstanding the face lift, the price of 30 lacs plus is completely UNJUSTIFIABLE.
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
I never knew the CR-V costs 30L ! Now suddenly the X-Trail pricing doesn't seem absurd. At this price the X Trail seems like a steal. Not to forget that it's a 2.0L diesel. And that slick AT with Tiptronic. And ESP. And Hill Assist. And 6 airbags.
+1 to that. The CRV is already a non mover after the last price hike and adding 50k for cosmetic changes isnt going to help. The addition of more airbags is a good thing but that should have been there from the beginning itself. The CRV needs a diesel soon and that too at a lesser price . A diesel CRV with a 30+ price tag would be suicide.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

No HONDA is over-priced, its aptly priced!

Its just that we Indians look like a bunch of fools to the Japanese and are not fit enough to drive this Japanese marvel of engineering at the price we expect it to be

The OTR price of the CRV starts from 18-19 Lakhs in Jan 2008 and jumps to nearly 30 Lakhs in just over an year!

Are we really fools to buy this masterpiece from HONDA?!?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks