Team-BHP - First Pics-New CR-V facelift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   First Pics-New CR-V facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/68529-first-pics-new-cr-v-facelift.html)

Changes:Features added:Price increase by Rs. 50,000, models now available on order.

The facelift doesn't seem to provide the car with better looks. In fact the changes are hard to notice.. May be it's because there are very few CR-Vs around, so it is difficult to remember it's actual shape! :)

This is the old CR-V

Oh yes. Now I could figure out some changes after looking at both the images like in a 'spot the differences' game. They aren't so visible.

Not many cosmetic changes but adding extra airbags is a welcome move.

All this for 50K hike?

The biggest grudges with CRV as of now are:

1. 5 Seater
2. Petrol
3. Lack equipment including Safety features like ESP/TC (although welcome addition of airbags)

IMO, when one spends close to 25 Lacs, he should best of all worlds at least in this soft roader category. One thing is clear, as strong as Honda badge is, with best ride quality and handling package, at this price there will be no takers for CRV just because it's priced way too high and it's drinks a lot of petrol, is 5 seater and doesn't offer a lot of equipment at this price.

Also I assume whenever TIGUAN comes in, CRV won't be able to match it in (technology, gearbox, equipment and safety) Petrol or Diesel version except for the reliability. TIGUAN will indeed set a new standard in it's class, like Superb did. Why Honda is not considering Diesel CRV - Only god knows!

Too little too late!!

I honestly do not see a difference in the design which would make people shell out 25 Lakhs + 50K for this new car. I prefer the older version of the front grill to the newer one, but the new front bumper is better than the older one.

Honda should
a. Revisit the price of CR-V and price it cheaper and sell it around 18 Lakhs.
b. Launch the Diesel CR-V and price it competitively.

But, as we all know the crazy pricing policy of Honda, Diesel CRV would be priced 30 Lakhs +.:deadhorse

Sid: when is it expected to release.2010?
For all these minor changes HONDA is charging 50K premium from the customers.:Frustrati

50k increase in the current price is not too much, IMO, for all those airbags and cruise control (ignoring the cosmetics).

I hope the current gen CRV AT prices do fall a little after this 'facelift' is out. Would be a good used car option down the line ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 1561577)
Sid: when is it expected to release.2010?
For all these minor changes HONDA is charging 50K premium from the customers.:Frustrati

It has already been released but no "official launch" will take place. The black car pictured has been delivered by the time I am writing this. Customers may have booked these cars about 2 months back.

Atleast the old CRV looks more elegant than the new one.

Quote:

Price increase by Rs. 50,000, models now available on order.
Huh? Since '09, the CRV has touched like 27 lakhs OTR Mumbai. I'd have expected a price correction there, its never going to be a serious player at this price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone (Post 1561509)
The biggest grudges with CRV as of now are:

Actually, the target market wants exactly this. A soft petrol car to drive primarily within the city. A favorite with yuppies & women.

But yes, a diesel + better price can change its fortunes (pun intended :D).

the crv is now for 30 laks plus and comp. reg. is 31 laks, so with this more 50k added. stupid honda is doing too much drugs now i feel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 1561443)
Oh yes. Now I could figure out some changes after looking at both the images like in a 'spot the differences' game. They aren't so visible.

+1 to that. The cosmetic changes are rather subtle to make out. The addition of extra airbags is definitely a move in the right direction. But, does all this warrant a price hike of 50k to an already expensive car ?:Frustrati