Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2005, 11:48   #61
BHPian

Techno ...congrats on the car but I do hope you have got rid of the plastics covering the seats by now ;-)
Old 24th November 2005, 12:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys :-)

@abhay: LOL yeah dude but just the front ones as am not finding time to get some nice covers for the seat, so have kept the rear ones as hardly anyone sits at the back seat
Old 24th November 2005, 12:24   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Hey Ranendra and Technocrat , your alto's looks great. My best wishes for your new car. Do let us all know mileage of your car. My father was thinking about buying a car. I will suggest him this baby. He drives at moderates speeds in city only. Cheers.

also, some guy said 20-22 average without AC on in the city. It sounds unrealistic. Can anyone confirm this ?
I generally keep getting around 16-17 kmpl in Kolkata with around 40% AC. I measure FE bu topping up the tank and resetting the trip meter... then drive it for around 200 kms and again top up the tank.

I just had gone for a long trip and after having driven the Alto at a steady 80-90 kmph with 4 people on board and windows rolled up, it gave me an awesome 23.4 kmpl

My car has just finished 2.5K kms. After being warned by the Maruti guys I have stopped using IOL Xtrapremium and to my utter surprise the performance of the car has improved since then.
Old 24th November 2005, 15:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra
After being warned by the Maruti guys I have stopped using IOL Xtrapremium and to my utter surprise the performance of the car has improved since then.
What's the warning you got from Maruti guys about IOL Xtrapremium? I always thought it was better for the car's engine (lesser deposits, better efficiency, etc.).
Old 24th November 2005, 19:10   #65
BHPian

The Maruti guys did not have any explaination for me, but all of them across all strata warned me not to use Xtrapremium or Speed.

Infact I got an explaination from one of Team-BHP's thread. It said that higher octane fuels i.e. fuels with octane rating higher than 87 are good for high compression engines. Since higher octane rating does not self ignite at high compression. Whereas for cars like Maruti which have a compression ration of around 9:1, high octane petrol does no good. In fact normal petrol with regular octane rating ignites at the right compression that matches the engine.

I was using the high octane fuels during the very first days of my car purchase. After being repeatedly warned by the Maruti guys I tried the normal petrol and could perceivable feel a difference in the engine knocking. Or may be Its an illusion... But definitely the engine rolls smoothly than before.
Old 24th November 2005, 19:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

hmm did they advised against speed as well ?? Coz am using speed for my car which i dont for my bikes as they dont need the extra additives. And from what know speed is 87 octane only i.e. same as normal fuel but with some additives one of which helps cleaning the injectors.

Let me know Ranendra
Old 24th November 2005, 19:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra
The Maruti guys did not have any explaination for me, but all of them across all strata warned me not to use Xtrapremium or Speed.
Xtrapremium is 91 octane fuel so it will give better performance for sure
Quote:
Coz am using speed for my car which i dont for my bikes as they dont need the extra additives
yup speed is normal fuel + additive
Old 10th April 2006, 12:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have one doubt about mileage. In my last run I got 14.1 kpl out of my Alto but it was with 100% AC & pune city driving. Is it very bad ?? Please let me know so that I will get my car to the Service station
Old 10th April 2006, 13:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Guys I have one doubt about mileage. In my last run I got 14.1 kpl out of my Alto but it was with 100% AC & pune city driving. Is it very bad ?? Please let me know so that I will get my car to the Service station
14.1 kmpl & your still asking if its bad?
Specially after considering your driving
Old 10th April 2006, 14:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hehe but I get confused when people quote such high mileage figures like 18-19kpl :|

With around 70-80% ac I get around 16.4 kpl in city-highway mixed

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th April 2006 at 14:20.
Old 10th April 2006, 15:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutly correct, Thats why we still have it for the front seats but the rear ones are of no use as hardly anyone sits at the back seat :-)

Btw Mee to Got my Alto Last month, heres a few pics :-)

Hey Techno,

Your car pics are great, but the choice of the location is even greater.. Where in pune did you get such nice roads, with absolutely no traffic at all.. The buildings look nice and the locality is well planned..

Manish
Old 10th April 2006, 17:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thanks man23ish

The pics were taken in near my office's complex
Old 10th April 2006, 17:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hehe but I get confused when people quote such high mileage figures like 18-19kpl :|

With around 70-80% ac I get around 16.4 kpl in city-highway mixed
In Pune city with 100% AC getting FE of 18-19 is nearly impossible.
On highway you will get it without doubt.
& mixed FE firgures are good enough.
Old 12th April 2006, 01:51   #74
BHPian

I guess this thread is guite old, but I was curious, My brother bought Alto Lxi last month and the bumbers were not body clolured, if someone else has bought alto during this period, please telll whether you got body coloured bumpers or the plain black once.
Old 12th April 2006, 01:52   #75
BHPian

Sorry for the spelling, i was typing in dark
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks