Team-BHP - Volvo -- Big price cut in S80
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Volvo -- Big price cut in S80 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/68819-volvo-big-price-cut-s80.html)

:thumbs upAutoCar reports:"Iin a bid to push sales and face competition from its German rivals, Volvo is selling its very accomplished S80 for just Rs 30 lakh ex- showroom Mumbai, amounting to a whopping discount of Rs 8 lakh on the D5 diesel. There is also a massive discount of Rs 3 lakh on the ballistic all wheel drive
V8 petrol!

The Volvo S80 comes with understated elegance looks, refined engines and oodles of safety.

The Volvo is solidly built and rides well over most surfaces. Comfort levels are on par with expensive rivals from Audi, BMW and Mercedesiiiiiiii"

I think they should build a good network A.S.S and 24/7 assistance like BMW and Mercedes.I think it should be a stock clearance sale.Even E class was once given 8 lahk discount before the new model arrived.

Definitely a stock clearance. Either an upgrade is on the way or they've slashed margins to move dead stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitronium (Post 1569373)
Definitely a stock clearance. Either an upgrade is on the way or they've slashed margins to move dead stock.

agree: Year end stock clearence. Similar to what Honda did with the hybrid last year.

Volvo is hardly selling any vehicles. No doubt the car offers some of the best luxury and safety features BUT the looks remain too simple for the Indian Markets where they want maximum show for their buck :)

Also as Sahil said Year End Clearances would be the reason for such a huge discount.

Volvo has not been successful selling their cars in India. Though their products are good, they are not as reputed as BMW or Merc. A person known to me bought the S80 at 35 lakhs about 3 months back. I am sure he must be fuming when he hears the new price.

Stock clearance or not, that's an S80 at C Class / 3 series pricing. Heck of a lot of car for the money and & worth a consideration for customers who want to maintain a low profile with their premium car.

On a side note, Volvo could massively bump up their sales if they offered package deals. E.g. Buy 5 trucks and get an S80 free :D

Indeed. One truck for your dad, one truck for your bro......and the S80 for me

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1570376)
Stock clearance or not, that's an S80 at C Class / 3 series pricing. Heck of a lot of car for the money and & worth a consideration for customers who want to maintain a low profile with their premium car.

On a side note, Volvo could massively bump up their sales if they offered package deals. E.g. Buy 5 trucks and get an S80 free :D

Volvo trucks owned by Volvo
Volvo cars owned by Ford so no deal!!!

Volvo were known for tough durable safe cars now everyone makes them so what is their USP?

If they price low and market high - they have a chance

India's most expensive Mondeos just got cheaper!

Sounds like a good deal.
I heard that the rear seat in the Volvo is like a cushion.
At 30L, it is terrific value for money.
Some questions though:
- How reliable are Volvo's in comparison to Mercs/BMWs?
- Do they have a service package?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 1571320)
Sounds like a good deal.
I heard that the rear seat in the Volvo is like a cushion.
At 30L, it is terrific value for money.
Some questions though:
- How reliable are Volvo's in comparison to Mercs/BMWs?
- Do they have a service package?

Volvo's are extremely reliable and refuse to die even after half a million miles.
The Volvo 740 Estate is one the most iconic cars ever built.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1571443)
Volvo's are extremely reliable and refuse to die even after half a million miles.
The Volvo 740 Estate is one the most iconic cars ever built.

This was true when the swedes owned it. The latest models have a lot of platform sharing with Ford so don't expect the iconic 740 estates that clocked half million miles easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1570376)

you said it man. :D. so are they getting in the new S80? or just the models are gonna be called 2008 so clearing up!!

Though volvo is meant for its sturdiness & reliability. Its difficult to win our Indians hearts if they provide good A.S.S.

If you call & say Hey "I'm purchasing a Volvo......are you out of your mind why do you want to purchase a buy bus for a family of 4 & where will you park,you stupid" heeeee