Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 13:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

this is a good contender in the segment looks awsome from the front. but the rear is totally spoiling the look... can be an instant hit with the tourist taxi market..
Old 5th June 2010, 15:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

anything more than 8 lacs is not quite great for a not-so-radical-design. on space, this might be a scorer just as how jazz is for hatchbacks. 2012 is way too late to talk about and we still dont know how many more new vehicles will be launched.
Old 5th June 2010, 19:22   #63
BHPian

I feel it will have to be priced close to the Winger and the Traveller, it falls in that category and not the Innova category.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:06   #64
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2010 at 11:02.
ahuja365 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th June 2010, 11:07   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There certainly is room for another Japanese MUV to compete with the Innova, and this Nissan does look built for the purpose. However, Nissan has got to be mindful of what it wants the brand to be. Not everyone is a Toyota who can successfully sell a 10 lakh UV, a 12 lakh C+ segment sedan, a 20 lakh SUV and a 25 lakh luxury sedan. Nissan simply doesn't have the badge value that Toyota enjoys in the country. On the one hand, Nissan launched the premium X-Trail, Teana and 370Z as "halo cars", will bring in the 5 lakh rupee Micra soon, and is now considering a people mover? Can be done, but requires precision brand management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I feel it will have to be priced close to the Winger and the Traveller, it falls in that category and not the Innova category.
Impossible. Few can compete with Tata's low cost of production.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There certainly is room for another Japanese MUV to compete with the Innova, and this Nissan does look built for the purpose. However, Nissan has got to be mindful of what it wants the brand to be. Not everyone is a Toyota who can successfully sell a 10 lakh UV, a 12 lakh C+ segment sedan, a 20 lakh SUV and a 25 lakh luxury sedan. Nissan simply doesn't have the badge value that Toyota enjoys in the country. On the one hand, Nissan launched the premium X-Trail, Teana and 370Z as "halo cars", will bring in the 5 lakh rupee Micra soon, and is now considering a people mover? Can be done, but requires precision brand management.

Impossible. Few can compete with Tata's low cost of production.
The good point is that, the vehicle will come with the badge of Ashok Leyland. Reports say that the load carrying version will be badged Ashok Leyland while the people carrying one will be badged Nissan, in which case a Nissan LCV will not exist.

Yes, the NV 200 cannot compete with Winger as it has bought over the odler dies from Renault. The Winger is actually an old Renault Trafic/Master van.
Old 7th June 2010, 20:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Actually both Nissan and Ashok leyland badged LCVs will hit the market its just that Nissan will be aiming for the premium end.
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:01   #68
BHPian

Here is the confirmation of the launch from livemint:

Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd, the local arm of Japan’s Nissan Motor Co., will introduce a multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) in the second half of 2011-12, managing director and chief executive Kiminobu Tokuyama said.

Codenamed NV200, the model is one of the three vehicles the company plans to introduce in the next fiscal year from its joint venture with Ashok Leyland Ltd, Tokuyama said on the sidelines of an auto show hosted by the Autocar magazine.

Tokuyama said the truck and bus will be manufactured at Ashok Leyland’s factory in Hosur, Karnataka, and the MPV at Nissan’s factory in Chennai. Both companies will have their own badging on the vehicles. While Nissan will focus on the premium segment, Ashok Leyland will target the mass volume segment.

For rest of the article:
Nissan likely to launch MPV by second half of fiscal 2012 - Home - livemint.com

Last edited by sarmarishi : 22nd November 2010 at 11:03.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:04   #69
BHPian

Here is the confirmation on the launch of Nissan NV200 in India:
Managing Director & Chief Executive of Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd., Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama said that they will be introducing MPV in India in second-half on 2011-12.
Can NV200 will be able to hack Innova segment ???
Here is the link:
Can Nissan NV200 hack the Innova segment in 2012? | Indian Autos blog
Old 25th November 2010, 21:10   #70
BHPian

Nissan need to create a brand image for themselves before launching this van. I am sure Nissan is not as a popular and well known brand as Toyota/Mahindra and Tata which also have MPVs. Micra in my opinion makes or breaks this deal for Nissan. The Xtrail and Teanna are virtually not seen on our roads.
Old 20th January 2011, 21:59   #71

Nissan NV200 People Mover spoted during test run in Chennai

Hi All,

Spotted a Nissan people mover this evening on PH Road in Chennai (name not found on the car - in fact the make of the car was also peeled of from the front grill!!). Looks like it fits the segment of TATA Winger - the fit and finish is Jap like car. The design is very Nissan like (a little over-sized Versa!!), though not a head turner. This one looked like the top end model (had alloy wheels) and it looks release ready in the next few weeks/months (not seen a prototype in such fit and finish). On Googling I found this: Nissan-Ashok Leyland LCV alliance to spawn the NV200 Multi Utility Vehicle | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

Managed a quick look at the interiors in a traffic stop and the steering label confirmed my guess on the brand. The interiors looks plain Jane - not sure of the two instrument clusters - one opposite the steering and one in the middle (this could be audio console - hadn't had a good look at it).

It is a 2+3+3 seater (must be comfortable judging from the width of the car). The middle row had 3 headrests - could be because it is top end variant? Good height (could be as much as Winger) and you may see in comparison with other vehicles around. Boot space could be something which tour operators might be looking for and this should carry decent ones.

The rear had minimal styling, not as a flat panel usually found in MUVs in such category. The rear lamp cluster is placed very low (an easy target for breakages with two wheelers etc brushing against in city traffic). Not sure if the stop lamp in the top would be provided in all the variants. The rear door is the slid out variety (a magnet for rust in tropical weather and have to see how this car fights that problem in the long run).

My guess is that Nissan would be fitting a lighter motor to extract more bang for the gas and thereby giving their competitors run for their sales numbers. I also guess that Nissan is trying out a Toyota here by first proving themselves in segments that aren't crowded and then get to the lucrative (sales and service numbers) small car segments.

For all the talk about localization by the MNC manufacturers to bring their cost down, I wonder if it is still worthy for the manufacturers to import glass panes from China (the manufactures stickers were evident in the rear) esp. with a renowned glass manufacturer having a major production operation in Chennai!! This is when I realised that this could be a better version of prototype (prior to localisation) and could be many months away from mass production

One of the men in the car refused to divulge anything about the car except that it is confidential. I have to admit that without any camouflage covers used in the trial/test run, that answer amused me to wits end!!

Have attached the snaps from my mobile which is neither high resolution nor professional ones (couldn't get the front of the vehicle as I was driving and could only take snapshots in traffic stops!!).

Aj

PS:

Interesting JV: AL dealing with low priced version and Nissan top end variants: Nissan India, Ashok Leyland target Innova segment

More on this MPVs release: 2011 Nissan NV200, Nissan NV200 in India, Nissan NV200 specifications, Nissan NV200 price
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-01_nissan-people-mover.jpg  

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-02_nissan-people-mover_rear-view.jpg  

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-03_nissan-people-mover_side-view.jpg  

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-04_nissan-people-mover_front-view.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 21st January 2011, 12:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan NV200 People Mover spoted during test run in Chennai

nice find, funky color that one, lets see when this comes out for sale. Hoping Nissan would price it around 6-7 lakh. Any idea about engine choices?
Old 21st January 2011, 12:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan NV200 People Mover spoted during test run in Chennai

hey already a thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...san-nv200.html
Old 21st January 2011, 13:17   #74
BHPian

re: Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)

Is it only me or anyone else thinks that this looks amazingly awful. Why do all MUVs (Innova, Xylo and now this follows) have to be this ugly . Cant we have a decent looking people mover ?
Old 21st January 2011, 13:51   #75
BHPian

re: Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Is it only me or anyone else thinks that this looks amazingly awful. Why do all MUVs (Innova, Xylo and now this follows) have to be this ugly . Cant we have a decent looking people mover ?
LOL! Lookwise, i think EE...K CO looks ravishing in their presence.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks