Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2012, 23:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This vehicle is a light commercial vehicle internationally, why they are selling the same as passenger vehicle in India ? ...
This car is the new New York TAXI.
This will be sold under two brands both Nissan and Ashokleyland.
Under AL this will be more of commercial product as Stile and under Nissan will cater to private customers as Evalia (hope I am not re inventing the wheel).

The engine options where also different initially with respective power plants for each of them, but now it may be with the same K9K engine.
This is likely to come from the Nissan plant, chennai with both brand cars coming back to back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlerowdy View Post
sorry to put this an odd line in the forum of the
Nissan:- since some mentioned as Wingers & tatas...I tell you I have used winger widely for my tours as I have my own holiday package company...this vehicle with due respect to its promoters some how fails to satisfy the guest in all aspects, I have to use it with no choice as a tempo traveller sometimes Works out too much for the guests pocket for 8 to 9 people...while winger just saves a few hundreds but is definitely not a satisfying option.
Any specific reasons they are quoting. Was very happy initially looking at the Winger as it was a space to be filled. But now sorry to hear about sales figures.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2012, 15:13   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Under AL this will be more of commercial product as Stile and under Nissan will cater to private customers as Evalia (hope I am not re inventing the wheel).

The engine options where also different initially with respective power plants for each of them, but now it may be with the same K9K engine.
This is likely to come from the Nissan plant, chennai with both brand cars coming back to back.

Any specific reasons they are quoting. Was very happy initially looking at the Winger as it was a space to be filled. But now sorry to hear about sales figures.

Well now this is turning a Nissan to a Winger Forum & the moderator may well shift it to an another Thread but I am just answering your query.

I am not a technical person & have not studied the torque & power ratio of the Wingers engine-

1) you cannot risk overtaking it first of all on the highways & the vehicle is never at a good speed as the pick up us really not to that extent.

2) Should you use this for a couple of years it really is seen aging faster as compared to a traveler (or may be poorly maintained by its owners) & s not rugged.

3) The person sitting next to the drivers seat is really un-comfortable because he never gets any A/c effect (same problem in in the 17 seater tempo traveler but 13 seater one is the best) as the main A/c is fitted in center.

4) People have always complained about the poor A/c in this vehicle.

5) Even the drivers on this vehicle are complaining about something or other

I cant put it specific but it falls smaller to satisfy in travel industry.
gentlerowdy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 00:39   #93
BHPian

Not sure where to post this link - on this thread or the one from Auto Expo

Nissan Motors Media

Though a lot of press speak in here, there are some impressive things like for e.g. the car is about as long as the Manza, yet it claims to seat 7 people and can also hold 900 l of luggage with all seats up. (The article is not clear at this point if it is for a car with 5 seats or 7)

Main drawback could be the sliding doors.
Old 17th May 2012, 08:58   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thanks for the detailed info. What tune will the K9K engine come in? The one that serves the Micra/Sunny or the one that does its duty in the Fluence?
Old 17th May 2012, 10:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Thanks for the detailed info. What tune will the K9K engine come in? The one that serves the Micra/Sunny or the one that does its duty in the Fluence?
I dont have much of information on the tuning front. But to my knowledge both Stile and Evalia should have the same power train with difference limited to only trim.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:17   #96
BHPian

Quote:
I dont have much of information on the tuning front. But to my knowledge both Stile and Evalia should have the same power train with difference limited to only trim.
Can you have a Rapid/Vento kind of product strategy in the commercial vehicle segment ? Will it work ?
Old 17th May 2012, 14:31   #97
BHPian

Re: Ready To launch Nissan Family Travel Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlerowdy View Post
This is the finest catch on my I phone catching this Nissain Family travel Car 6+1 that was on TEST on the busy FC Road of Pune...some quick glimpses are for you.....
Thanks. Good to have an MUV option from Nissan. The front looks good, the side looks okay. Looks like the designer was fired before he finished the rear or vice-versa.

I'm okay with the sliding doors, but the door handles could have been better. Probably body coloured ones like on page 1. IMO the vehicle looks better with tinted glasses (pics on page 1). Wish all vehicles come with tinted glass options going forward (no more films it seems like).

Last edited by CBlazer : 17th May 2012 at 14:34.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:41   #98
BHPian

Here is a brochure from Nissan Spain (it is in spanish obviously) and it gives the sense of true MPV experience unlike the small Etiga. The tune of the engines is 110 bhp both for petrol and diesel.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 103803.Par.37887.File.pdf (2.99 MB, 795 views)
Old 17th May 2012, 14:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Can you have a Rapid/Vento kind of product strategy in the commercial vehicle segment ? Will it work ?
IMO, this is good considering the brands on which they are positioned. There exists a good customer base for respective application and brands. That's one reason Nissan partnered with Leyland for Dost. Though Nissan has better product portfolio globally they are newer for CV space in India where AL was already a established player.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 17th May 2012 at 14:57.
Old 17th May 2012, 15:52   #100
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, this is good considering the brands on which they are positioned. There exists a good customer base for respective application and brands. That's one reason Nissan partnered with Leyland for Dost. Though Nissan has better product portfolio globally they are newer for CV space in India where AL was already a established player.
The Dost is a goods carrier and the game there is different.

In the personal/commercial passenger vehicle space, how can you have a scorpio and bolero positioning on a identical vehicle competing for different segments of the market space?
Old 18th May 2012, 22:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
The Dost is a goods carrier and the game there is different.

In the personal/commercial passenger vehicle space, how can you have a scorpio and bolero positioning on a identical vehicle competing for different segments of the market space?
See they are not going to identical. This is for sure is not rebadging also.
Vehicles will not look alike and will have definite looks to separate each other.
Old 19th May 2012, 06:05   #102
BHPian

But Ashley, what we saw at the Auto Expo was that they looked almost identical, alteast externally. Infact IMO the Stile looked better.
Old 25th May 2012, 11:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

As per MSN-US article (see below) Nissan will build Electric Vans in US based on the Evalia MPV.

Nissan to Build Electric Van in 2013 - MSN Autos

This is similar to Nissan Leaf, & the performance & range figures are identical to leaf. Not much other details are available at present.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:56   #104
BHPian

re: Nissan @ Auto Expo 2012 (Including the Nissan Evalia / NV200)

I've seen 2 unmasked versions of the MUV in detail on the Bangalore - Chennai route whilst the test team had stopped over for lunch.

The interiors are very basic looking.Also, the plastics used did not exude the finish of a import/modern Jap vehicle and were dull grey in colour .........similar to older gen Marutis.

Seating arrangement and design resembled that of an Omni more than an MUV like Xylo or Innova. For eg: the middle and last row seat frame pipes are visible. Seat cushioning is just that ........ a cushion placed on a metal frame types.Exterior is also not appealing to a personal car buyer cause its more practical rather than aesthetic in design.

I suppose its the price that will decide the pro's n con's of design chosen and lets hope they beat the Innova/Xylo by a fair margin to stand a chance.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 01:56   #105

Re: Nissan Evalia : Scoop pics

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-img2012072500042.jpg

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-img2012072500043.jpg

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-img2012072500044.jpg

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-img2012072500045.jpg

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-img2012072500046.jpg

Spotted : Nissan MPV (Nissan Evalia / NV200)-untitled.jpg

Spotted 2 Nissan Evalia's (Black & White) this morning driving in tandem. The badges were masked off for obvious reasons. The vehicle looks bigger and more spacious than a Toyota Innova (spotted the cars side by side so comparison was easy). Looks like a genuine 7-8 seater. The wheels looked very small compared to the size of the car. But if i may comment on the performance, just 1 word - WOW!! The driver obviously wasnt too thrilled with me clicking pictures and was making his way through traffic as though he had all the power in the world! Acceleration was staggering for a vehicle that size. The Innova in the pictures could hardly keep up, though i suspect its not what he wanted. But overall the Evalia looks looks like a potential winner for Nissan, if only they manage to undercut the Innova!

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th July 2012 at 12:32.
Anil Rajani is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks