Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 21:09   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
I don think hatch buyers will move towards sedans just becoz of the price point. A classic example is the swift,Dzire siblings where the launch of the Dzire at a very close price point has still not dented the swift sales. So the buyer who wants a stylish hatch for puttering around in the city may still go for the Punto irrespective of the irresistive price of the Manza.
The main reason for that would be the loooong waiting period for Dzire. However, I do agree that a person interested in buying a stylish hatch will not consider Manza.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:45   #62
BHPian

There is huge diff between Safari (700) and Scorpio (3613). Is safari doing that bad?
Old 10th November 2009, 12:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

After all the big ads and campaigns Toyota can't even sell 1 LC.
Tucson and Vitara sale is 0 - Both Hyundai and Maruthi is out of SUV field. They seriously need to think about it.
Regardless of the price difference Fortuner wins over Endeavour.

The most surprising thing to me is Xylo-Scoprio competition, I though XYLO will affect Scoprio sale and I was wrong.

Its time for Toyota to launch more MPVs and SUVs - buyers will get more choices like how Maruthi has varieties for the small hatch buyers. Why not RAV4 and Sienna from them?

Likewise, Why not Mitsubishi focus just on SUVs?. I hear they are planning for Evox etc, and I do not thing they can even reach a 2 digit sale. They may think about a Diesel outlander and Endeavor (2010 Pajero?)

Only last week I had a close look at Vista, and I was wondering what it was not a winner, and its proved now - Its the class leader. The limited edition was luxurious.

I believe companies who try to sail in more than three segment (sometimes just two) fails. Instead that can position themselves like, a small car company, mid size car company, SUV company, Premium SUV company etc. Just my idea. :-)
Old 10th November 2009, 12:55   #64
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

If only the Toyota LandCruiser Prado, and Camry were a CKD like the fortuner & Accord & Superb rather than a CBU they both would lead in their segments as well.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:12   #65
BHPian

Fabia - Petrol/Diesel split

Any idea regarding petrol/diesel split of Fabia. Based on what we see on the road petrols outnumber diesel by a good margin. But most of the other vehicles diesel versions outnumber petrols.....
Old 10th November 2009, 15:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Guys, where do you get the sales figures from? And where can the previous months' sales figures be available?
Old 10th November 2009, 15:57   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- If I were Fiat, I'd be VERY worried about the Punto. I've said this before and will say it again. Clearly, the market is put off by the fit & finish (interiors) of this premium hatch.
The sales team's attitude at Tata showrooms is another contributing factor. A colleague of mine, finalized on top end diesel Linea after a brief research and calculation. we went together to Concorde Motors and they managed to change our decision - finalized Optra Magmum instead :(
Fiat should think of independent flagship showrooms, in major cities at least.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:05   #68
BHPian

It's the marketing team that's failing in Fiat.

If Fiat continues their current marketing strategy, then the dooms day is not far. Fiat needs to comeup with some really agressive televison ads to keep the cars in the minds of the people, they are not doing it right now. Promoting Punto, by saying it has got awesome ride and handling, doesn't going to improve its sales numbers in any way. For the mass, these things doesn't matter at all.

None of the Ads of both Punto and Linea projects its world class engine technology, why not tell the people that they are the best in diesel engines? The mass looks for mileage, why not project the good mileage the cars give. Simply speaking, their television ads are plain boring and doesnt kindle any kind of interests on the viewers.

Fiat - Get yourself a nice marketing team first.

Throw Yuvi away, instead of promoting a brand with an ambassador, create a brand as an ambassador. Let the car do the talking in Ads.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
The sales team's attitude at Tata showrooms is another contributing factor. A colleague of mine, finalized on top end diesel Linea after a brief research and calculation. we went together to Concorde Motors and they managed to change our decision - finalized Optra Magmum instead :(
Fiat should think of independent flagship showrooms, in major cities at least.
Correct!. If Tata can sell just their products in some showrooms, why not Fiat too can do at least in major cities?
Old 10th November 2009, 18:29   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Guys, where do you get the sales figures from? And where can the previous months' sales figures be available?
Here you go...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html

Old 10th November 2009, 19:56   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
I have added the oct'09 sales figures to the excel file which contains all the sales figures starting from jan'09, have a look at following:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1571164
Old 10th November 2009, 21:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the tip guys! Highly appreciated.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have the Wagon R split between Duo and the regular one?
Old 11th November 2009, 10:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i20...5,000 cars! Clearly the definitive premium hatch from the market's perspective.
i20 seems to be a clear hit! Its surely surprised Hyundai more than any one of us!!

Quote:
Ritz not finding favour, now down to 4,800 cars. How much of it has to do with the rear end design?
May i add slow sales of Ritz DDIS to that list .
Old 11th November 2009, 12:48   #75
BHPian

Does Hyundai thrive on competition

Some very interesting observation on the graph presented,

Note how in the initial months from jan to apr i20 was doing just as much as the grande punto did since june...

in may when punto was launched, see the 120 pick up what ever sales might have gone to punto... then in June when the jazz was launched, you notice 120 slipping a bit, but then from July onwards, Punto kind of established itself at 1000-1300 range - which is not bad given the horrific stories of their a-s-s floating around, but hyundai has simply cannibalized the jazz going nearly to 5000 units in october... and cumulatively selling more than double of jazz and punto sales..

Amazing, if Punto and jazz hand not been launched, then i20 might still have been doing dismal numbers.... Does Hyundai thrive on competition...

Look at the second image for the effect it is having on Ritz' sales as well... though clearly on a cumulative basis, Ritz is still the leader amongst the four
Attached Thumbnails
October 2009 sales data-b.jpg  

October 2009 sales data-b1.png  

Last edited by an_and : 11th November 2009 at 12:53.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed