Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2009, 11:26   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looks like Ford Endeavor Automatic strategy is working to some extent. Sales are back to their avg run rate. Mitsu Pajero 2.8 is still struggling from the Fortuner Effect. I suspect this model will be put to death once the waiting period for the Fortuner is no more.
Old 8th November 2009, 12:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
GUYS SOME IMP INFO

we have always seen that indica leads the h/b segment
but in reality
INDICA = 75% (Indica, Indicab)
INDICA VISTA 25%
So its the Swift that has been a fav in h/b segment (personal)
Thanks !!!
Did you get that figure correct? If that's true then Vista's selling at only around 2500 units!!

Last edited by safari_lover : 8th November 2009 at 12:53.
Old 8th November 2009, 13:00   #33
BHPian

18877 altos???? wow! thats all i can say. and only 20 palio's???? didnt expect that. im a big palio fan.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 8th November 2009 at 13:06.
Old 8th November 2009, 13:22   #34
BHPian

and just 21 in aug and sep. gosh that is really bad!
Old 8th November 2009, 13:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Looks like, Manza will give a run for other c segment cars?
Dzire still on top with selling 6603 cars - City is also not far away !
Fiesta maintaining its growth with 2088cars (last mongth 2081)
and wonder AVeo could manage only 337 cars?
Old 8th November 2009, 16:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I disagree. 1st and second places dont reveal the entire story! Hyundai is becoming the current BIG sensation in the hatch market IMO! (They are struggling with their bigger cars though!)
+1, Hyundai is the car maker to watch in the coming years in the hatch area!
Old 8th November 2009, 16:27   #37
BHPian

Eventhough Punto is stabilizing around 1200 mark which is a reasonable number, i feel it has a much better potential. The problem could be parking it adjacent to VISTA and that is working against it. Similarly LINEA, beware of Manza sitting next to you. TATA is gradually canibalizing FIAT shelf and it is high time for FIAT to leave the foot print on its own than ride TATA's horse, may be current sales and the number of product range might not justify the same but still look at HONDA which has around 5 to 6 products and sells around 5000 units a month is handling all alone and doing pretty well. Moreover is there a problem with NANO in bangalore, i see very few to none on roads.
Old 8th November 2009, 16:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The 5 series still holds its place as the leader inspite of the new E's launch but I think it'e s still unfair to judge. Things would change in the following months once the E350CDi and 250CDi come in.

The superb will hold it's position for months to come. Unless arrogant Honda wakes up and spruces up the Accord to offer us more value.

Altis seems to be the clear winner for months to come, it can safely be said its the preferred choice of Indians. Even the facelifted Civic could not overtake the Altis numbers.
Really smug position for anyone to be in, eh? All your cars (well, except the Endy) being segment leaders

BTW I mean it, not being sarcastic or anything buddy !
Old 8th November 2009, 16:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
positioning of Punto vis-a-vis Manza.
Punto vrs Manza, well ! Not sure on this aspect. Manza is definitely VFM almost at the same price as a Punto. And when they both stand side by side in a showroom, Many may choose Manza over a Punto because of it being a Sedan. But build quality of Punto is way better, close the doors you can feel what I mean. And front bumper of Punto is superior, metal rod protects the AC compressor not in Manza thou.

But Manza may end up as a taxi fleet few months down the line, I have a strong feeling that it will happen. Meeru Manza or Easy Cab Manza.

And guess what Fiat hiked prices of Punto by 10 to 11k effective Nov 5th, now thats surprising when they are doing not so great.

If only the next lots of Puntos would have much better interior quality justfying the price hike.Lets see.
Old 8th November 2009, 17:07   #40
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
GUYS SOME IMP INFO

we have always seen that indica leads the h/b segment
but in reality
INDICA = 75% (Indica, Indicab)
INDICA VISTA 25%
So its the Swift that has been a fav in h/b segment (personal)
Thanks !!!
I dont think so. TATA has discontinued old indica especially dicor and turbo versions. only indica cab version is available now
Old 8th November 2009, 18:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised by the low numbers of Punto, considering the Diwali offer.
Personally i am seeing more and more Puntos in Bangalore, but somehow it doesn't mean much when seeing the numbers.

Btw, i met a guy yesterday (during my bangalore-mysore driving) who booked a Punto having considered Linea and Manza. Seeing my Punto he came to me and asked about it. So there are people who would go for a Punto if they are clear about what they want.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 8th November 2009 at 18:50.
Old 8th November 2009, 20:22   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Cruze (812 units) is not too far behind.
  • Superb has Accord beaten. If only Skoda A.S.S was better!
  • S class has a good lead over the 7- series. Surprising, as the refreshed S class is going to be launched soon!
  • Omni, that some of us want banned, has sold 8018 units.
812 is not an impressive number for Cruze 1st month sales. Expect it to drop to like half in the next month.

Superb will continue to beat Accord. A far better car and absolute VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
407 Laura's and 157 Jetta's? You got to be kidding!
Why so ? Dealer/brand presence apart, the Jetta is plain boring. Drive both of them back to back. Laura is much better. TSI is just yummy.

Quote:
Posted on behalf of Karpusv (Since he is busy with some project work he has passed on these details to me.)

Note: All details compiled by Karpusv
Thanks for the details Karpusv. Much awaited.

Since no one has spoken about the SX4 yet, let me do that. 2000+ units in like a 'half month' (since the new launch) is quite a good start !

Quote:
You'd be surprised how many people consider Skoda a 'luxury' brand. Not many are aware that VW is the parent company, not many are aware they are selling cars in the market too.

Its been a silent entry from VW till now. Hope things change once Polo comes in.
True, Skoda is considerd a luxury brand. In market perception, I suppose even better than the Honda. When I picked up the Fabia and asked by people about it, atleast 5 ppl were shocked to know that a new 'Skoda' was available at 6 L OTR.

Unless the Polo has better engines, the interiors of the polo are far from impressive (as compared to the Fabia). And VW is not as well known here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I wonder why Jazz has jumped 65% from 504 to 830. Going by the July and August numbers (1037 and 1029), looks like it would be settling around 700-800 per month.
Discounts and finance schemes. They are running ads daily since quite a few days in the papers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
I dont think so. TATA has discontinued old indica especially dicor and turbo versions. only indica cab version is available now
Even the Indica cab version would be included in these numbers. And yes, those cabs would take up a major % of the sales here.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Punto vrs Manza, well ! Not sure on this aspect. Manza is definitely VFM almost at the same price as a Punto. And when they both stand side by side in a showroom, Many may choose Manza over a Punto because of it being a Sedan. But build quality of Punto is way better, close the doors you can feel what I mean. And front bumper of Punto is superior, metal rod protects the AC compressor not in Manza thou.

But Manza may end up as a taxi fleet few months down the line, I have a strong feeling that it will happen. Meeru Manza or Easy Cab Manza.

And guess what Fiat hiked prices of Punto by 10 to 11k effective Nov 5th, now thats surprising when they are doing not so great.

If only the next lots of Puntos would have much better interior quality justfying the price hike.Lets see.
That's what I meant exactly. By positioning Punto in the same showroom as Manza, Fiat is in danger of losing a potential Punto customer. Yes there is a specific breed that will follow the heart, yet, for the common junta, a sedan at the price of a hatchback is too lucrative an offer. Looks department, well, less said the better, there are a few vehicles on road that look downright unpleasant, some of them even looking like a hearse, yet, there is market for them.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I am surprised by the low numbers of Punto, considering the Diwali offer.
Personally i am seeing more and more Puntos in Bangalore, but somehow it doesn't mean much when seeing the numbers.

Btw, i met a guy yesterday (during my bangalore-mysore driving) who booked a Punto having considered Linea and Manza. Seeing my Punto he came to me and asked about it. So there are people who would go for a Punto if they are clear about what they want.
iam quite surprised as well, everyday i see more and more number of punto's in bangalore.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:47   #45

Wonder why's Hyundai still making Elantras!
Also, Versa is probably Maruti's very few failures .. where they can probably learn a thing or 2 from Mahindra.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed