Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 14:01   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Its not only about the after sales service. The pre-sales is pathetic too
I had a very indifferent experience, i am still waiting for a test drive of the punto, they say why not come to the showroom!!!
For all other vehicles- they came to my place promptly except these guys...imagine the interest they show in selling their cars...even for the linea i had a very bad experience- the car i got was filthy and not a petrol i asked for which is still not come...
I would like to see an interview of the Fiat Country manager or something like that to know what are they really thinking of??
With the hatchback scene hotting up, fiat will surely fall far behind once the initial euphoria of the new car is over...(unless they take serious action)
I have, in general, stopped responding to Fiat bashing, but I just have to mention my recent experience in buying a hatchback.
-Maruti Ritz Petrol: Telephone requests for test drive to no avail. Went to the showroom. Not only did they not have a test drive car, they did not even have a display car. ( They did have a diesel)
-I20: No test drive car available
-Punto Active: Unable to bring the car for a test drive, but arranged one at their showroom. Exceptional pre sales test drive, explanation of features, clear information on availability of colours ( to ensure delivery within promotion period) and delivery on appointed date. 2-3 minor issues ( glove compartment alignment, a/c cooling intermittently, fuel lid fitting) that were pointed out during PDI were corrected by the time of delivery.

Just as Fiat continues to suffer on its A** reputation, Maruti continues to ride on its good reputation. My son's A-Star had a tree branch fall on it. Minor Dents on B-Pillar, Rear Door, Scratches on Front Fender and Roof. Estimated delivery date is 10-15 days. Back bumper has defective paint job with a lot of bubbles. They are going to investigate if it is a painting defect. And yes, it will not be done simultaneously with the warranty job as it may cause confusion. Car makes horrible sounds when reversing ( Car is 7 months old), they will "see" if it can be covered under warranty. I am going to make sure that both these are covered under warranty, but I will have to spend valuable time chasing them
Old 17th November 2009, 18:38   #137
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I've had bad experiences when I asked for a TD of the swift VDI with a reputed Bangalore dealer. I fixed for an appointment at 3pm with the executive, then I visited the showroom myself, driving for about 15 kms on a weekend.

When I reached the showroom at 3 pm, the executive was not there, neither was the car ! On calling him, he said that he had taken the TD car to another customer, and he did not even bother to cancel the appoinment with me ! On asking him why he did so in spite of having a prior appointment - he started giving flimsy excuses.

So much for Maruti "customer service".
Rare case, but then i also had something which was not that "great" with maruti. However, with bangalore the scene is not that great with any car manu as cars sell like veggies...living in bangalore i have seen- customer service is anyways not a highlight of anything you buy...
That apart- fiat is trying to build an image from nothing so should be more careful, maruti is well established so can afford an occasional goof up.
Maybe you should have escalated the matter...
Try and reply to a web ad from maruti and see the response time...fiat is just wasting money posting ads on the net...whats the use if the responses go into a black hole! Save that money and put into cars
Old 17th November 2009, 19:08   #138
BHPian

I have say something. As far as I know Hero Honda is supposed to have the best A.S.S for bikes. I have a CBZ which i always serviced at authorized service centers. It took me at-least 3 years of searching to find a service center that i was satisfied with. My father used to service his M800 in a place called U.M cars(authorized service center). He now does his servicing at a local garage after they tried to pull a fast one on him. According to me Maruti has the largest network when it comes to A.S.S. but when it comes to quality I think it just depends on the service center. Regarding spares i can't comment. So far the punto experience has been good. I am on a wait and watch policy.
Old 17th November 2009, 20:51   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
GUYS SOME IMP INFO

we have always seen that indica leads the h/b segment
but in reality
INDICA = 75% (Indica, Indicab)
INDICA VISTA 25%
So its the Swift that has been a fav in h/b segment (personal)
Thanks !!!
I guess it is your general opinion and not the real data. We see so many Vistas in Bangalore roads. and recent visit during Manza test drive the dealers confirmed about the good response of Vista sales.
Old 17th November 2009, 23:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
GUYS SOME IMP INFO

we have always seen that indica leads the h/b segment
but in reality
INDICA = 75% (Indica, Indicab)
INDICA VISTA 25%
So its the Swift that has been a fav in h/b segment (personal)
Thanks !!!
In your Oct sales report you have shown Indica Vista as 9640 however the regular Indica is conspicuous by its absence so 9640 must be both the versions combined. Anyone has authentic breakup of sales old indica vs vista? Till the time we have this data we can't claim that vista has beaten the swift, not by a longshot, chaps.
Old 17th November 2009, 23:25   #141
BHPian

Swift diesel has launched on more than three years before, But swift still competing other new vehicles ,Vista is new comer, so the sale may high. Still Vista has to improve in quality segments. Finally my suggestion is hatch back segment swift competitive to otherss
Old 18th November 2009, 07:19   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.sidhes View Post
Swift diesel has launched on more than three years before, But swift still competing other new vehicles ,Vista is new comer, so the sale may high. Still Vista has to improve in quality segments. Finally my suggestion is hatch back segment swift competitive to otherss
Vista is selling much less than what TATA expected. Those bloated sales figures are of old indica + indica vista combined. On its own, Vista can never expect to outdo Swift sales. Likewise, Manza can't hope to upset Dzire. In the end it all boils down to brand equity my friend, something that TATA doesn't have enough of.
Old 18th November 2009, 09:09   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Vista is selling much less than what TATA expected. Those bloated sales figures are of old indica + indica vista combined. On its own, Vista can never expect to outdo Swift sales. Likewise, Manza can't hope to upset Dzire. In the end it all boils down to brand equity my friend, something that TATA doesn't have enough of.
Yes, its true maruti does have a GOOD brand equity at present and that's because they do have given good & reliable products in the past. But off lately, the new products introduced are really not good looking/ less features at the price being offered & the most importantly less comfortable . At the same time products offered by Hyundai & TATA are more practical, better and Value for money. Now the shift from Maruti to other brands has started.
Old 18th November 2009, 14:19   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
the new products introduced are really not good looking/ less features at the price being offered & the most importantly less comfortable . At the same time products offered by Hyundai & TATA are more practical, better and Value for money. Now the shift from Maruti to other brands has started.
Right Said Fred I am also a long standing TATA user and I know what sheer VFM TATA has to offer, but the majority goes with the majority. Like I said earliuer in a different thread the entry level Dzire doesn't even have a tachometer and for just 20K more the bade Manza diesel is giving you

1 more space
2 a 90 bhp engine compared to 75 on the Dzire
3 a blaupunkt stereo with 5 speakers
4 front power windows
5 central locking

When you're getting all this, the minor fit and finish issues can be overlooked, IMHO.
Old 18th November 2009, 19:38   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Right Said Fred I am also a long standing TATA user and I know what sheer VFM TATA has to offer, but the majority goes with the majority. Like I said earliuer in a different thread the entry level Dzire doesn't even have a tachometer and for just 20K more the bade Manza diesel is giving you

1 more space
2 a 90 bhp engine compared to 75 on the Dzire
3 a blaupunkt stereo with 5 speakers
4 front power windows
5 central locking

When you're getting all this, the minor fit and finish issues can be overlooked, IMHO.

Absolutely true.. majority of the car buyers in this segment are ones who r looking for maximum value out of the money they shell out.. in terms of vfm its a known fact that tata cars rank very high.. The manza specs (Indigo Manza – Specifications – Tech Specs) are by far the most effective looking in the market. I keep saying this again and again in most of my posts .. but if 4 out of 6 of my relatives are willing to buy a manza and not an sx4 or dzire or logan, then there is something going for this car in the market..

Last edited by bigautobuff : 18th November 2009 at 19:40.
Old 18th November 2009, 20:49   #146
BHPian

The real completive means swift VS vista, not a dzire vs manza,The car designed truly by hatch back vehicle then modified into sedan, means the car manufactures counting the new model introduce in a year, and also counting sale,Thats all. I am really telling this is blaming car buyers.
The look wise manza compare to indigo cs , the cs rear view will be good not manza
Old 18th November 2009, 20:56   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
We see so many Vistas in Bangalore roads
+1.

Lately, I spot too many new (MH12 FF, FK, FP and MH14 BC, BR series) Vistas in Pune. A very small sample, but, truth nevertheless- in my apartment building (total ~60 families, mostly working class, bulk IT) I see five new cars (in last ~8 months)- two of them vistas, one Linea, one Wagonr and one Safari

In rural/semi-urban areas, I think Maruti still doing better- probably with first time buyers trust them more than Tatas or Hyundais. Many of these areas, e.g. my native village does not have yet a TML or Hyundai showroom. 95% cars on road there are Marutis, rest are jeeps and boleros, few sumos and santros.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 18th November 2009 at 21:01. Reason: rural areas stats
Old 18th November 2009, 21:50   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
+1.

Lately, I spot too many new (MH12 FF, FK, FP and MH14 BC, BR series) Vistas in Pune.
Me too, here in my city. But these are mostly Tdi models. I'm not too optimistic about the Quadrajet sales, even though the Fiat engine in the Quadrajet avatar is perfectly tuned for the Vista, according to experts.
Old 19th November 2009, 08:41   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Lately, I spot too many new (MH12 FF, FK, FP and MH14 BC, BR series) Vistas in Pune.-BJ
I am one of them "TATA Vista QJD Aura - MH12FK----"
I bought my ride in July 09.
Old 19th November 2009, 14:16   #150
BHPian

New palio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
18877 altos???? wow! thats all i can say. and only 20 palio's???? didnt expect that. im a big palio fan.
Dont worry mate,The new palio should be showcased in Auto expo 2010hats 2 months away and should be launched by April 10
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks