Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 18:34   #181
Senior - BHPian

Only 172 accords sold this month.
That must be a big blow for Honda. I honestly wasn't expecting the Superb to hit the Accords sales this badly. But on the other hand Honda asked for it by giving us under featured cars and charging a premium for them.

Last edited by aparth : 1st December 2009 at 18:35.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:37   #182
Senior - BHPian

I am really interested in seeing the Altis and Superb numbers this month. I am sure Honda would be more interested in seeing them
Old 1st December 2009, 19:21   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I am really interested in seeing the Altis and Superb numbers this month. I am sure Honda would be more interested in seeing them
Hehe, absolutely right .
I dont think Honda cares anymore as long as City is doing the business for them.
They have totally screwed up the CR-V and accord might just be following its footsteps.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:24   #184
BHPian

Manza did the trick for Tata, Indigo range sold close to 6000 units in November, Fiat Struggling.Tata Motors - Media Centre
Old 1st December 2009, 19:24   #185
BHPian

I want to see numbers of punto and linea. Have the done some improvements over previous months?
Old 1st December 2009, 20:16   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Hehe, absolutely right .
I dont think Honda cares anymore as long as City is doing the business for them.
hmmm... i don't think its that simple. Honda will have a problem since Civic which used to to 1500+ is now languishing in 500s. Honda will also have an ego issue because at one time, they used to be #1 across the board in City, Civic & Accord range.

Actually its good - now Honda will price its products a bit more realistically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I want to see numbers of punto and linea. Have the done some improvements over previous months?
Fiat's not doing so great. The total (from Tata's release) was 1965. Thats down from ~2200 last month.

Until we have a split my guess is that Linea would have been impacted by Manza.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:19   #187
PCS
BHPian

guys i had called karpusv, he said that its stillunder compilation, but indicated that

Civic = 551, Altis = 803 Cruze = 518
Old 1st December 2009, 20:26   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
guys i had called karpusv, he said that its stillunder compilation, but indicated that

Civic = 551, Altis = 803 Cruze = 518
Wow! Cruze did 500+ I think this model has a bright future and the numbers are going to pick up a bit more in the coming months
Old 1st December 2009, 20:26   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
Manza did the trick for Tata, Indigo range sold close to 6000 units in November, Fiat Struggling.Tata Motors - Media Centre
Quote:
Passenger Vehicles

The passenger vehicles business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 22,671 nos. (20,706 Tata - highest this fiscal + 1,965 Fiat) in the domestic market in November 2009,
fiat is struggling and how! just 1965 fiat cars sold i wonder if its 1000 Linea and <1000 punto due to manza .?
Old 1st December 2009, 22:16   #190
Senior - BHPian

[quote=SkyWalker;1610730]hmmm... i don't think its that simple. Honda will have a problem since Civic which used to to 1500+ is now languishing in 500s. Honda will also have an ego issue because at one time, they used to be #1 across the board in City, Civic & Accord range.
Actually its good - now Honda will price its products a bit more realistically!

Let's hope so!
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:04   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I wonder why isn't the Jetta selling even after having a VW badge?

are you kiddin wats so great about the VW badge? wats the point in owning a marque dintinctly known to cater low end market
come on you cant show off VW badge
jetta is certainly not a better package compared to altis or civic
VW is jus exploiting indian's ignorance
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:58   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
are you kiddin wats so great about the VW badge? wats the point in owning a marque dintinctly known to cater low end market
come on you cant show off VW badge
jetta is certainly not a better package compared to altis or civic
VW is jus exploiting indian's ignorance
Well in India, people show off the 'Honda' or the 'Skoda' badge and internationally who considers Skoda or Honda a luxury brand? And AFAIK, VW has a better image then Skoda and Honda all over the world.
So, I dont understand why you cant show off a VW badge(in india).
And Honda, Toyota, Skoda, etc. are also known to cater to a low end market.
I mean look at the corolla, its like the Maruti 800 of the world (no offense to any corolla owners) but here its a luxury car.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:12   #193
BHPian

One must keep in mind the amount of money that people put in to buy a car in India. A guy with a Skoda could very well buy a Mercedes in another country.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:32   #194
BHPian

ŠkodaAuto India record sales growth of 183% in November 2009

Mumbai, December 01, 2009: ŠkodaAuto India, a fully owned subsidiary of ŠkodaAuto a.s., Czech Republic, today announced a record growth of 183 % in sales for the month of November 2009 over November 2008. ŠkodaAuto India’s total sales for November 2009 stood at 1425 units as against 504 units in November, 2008.

Speaking on the increase in sales figures for the month of November, Mr. Thomas Kuehl, Board
Member, Sales and Marketing, SkodaAuto India said “We have witnessed a record growth of
183% in sales for the month of November 2009 over 2008 and a double-digit jump of 93% in sales in
the last 3 months (September – November) over the same period last year. The launch of the all new
Skoda Superb and the new Laura in the Indian markets has been the main drivers behind SkodaAuto
India’s record increase in sales. The all new Superb, in particular, continues to outperform
expectations.
Adding on Mr. Thomas Kuehl said “We are considering a price hike between Rs.10,000/- to
Rs.20,000/-on all our cars in the coming month. This rise is being considered due to various
Inflationary pressures and increase in raw material costs.”
Mr. Ashutosh Dixit, Sr. General Manager, Sales & Marketing, SkodaAuto India said “We are
pleased to see such robust growth for all our products, which reflects the customer’s growing
confidence in Skoda. We are expecting a much stronger response to our products and services and
help drive growth in our sales in the coming months.

Source : Skoda India
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:50   #195
Senior - BHPian

At this rate Skoda could overtake Fiat! As its always said in Auto market, what a company needs is a good car, nothing else.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed