Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 16:49   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop RD View Post
Nope, all these features are available with the current SLE version. When I went to book my SLE previous week, I did make a call to the M&M customer care manager and he did not say about any new features being added to SLE, however told that still there is a price hike of about 10K for this variant.
Your post is slightly confusing. Are you suggesting that these new features are available or are you suggesting NOT available in SLE trim?

OT- interesting find- M& M corporate website shows it as a 5 seater. Perhaps not been updated in years.
Mahindra Scorpio - Mahindra

Last edited by shatrughna : 10th November 2009 at 17:03.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nope does not happen in the safari, so SUV styling is possible without this problem.
What saves the Safari in this regard is its pronounced front overhang. Large overhang is a setback for vehicle built for offroad use.

Generally in countries where SUV's are commonly used, puddles of water on expressways are not common. Now on occasions were these vehicles hit water on an offroad situations the speeds are not really very high.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Your post is slightly confusing. Are you suggesting that these new features are available or are you suggesting NOT available in SLE trim?
Sorry for the confusion, what I meant was these features are already available in SLE version.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:43   #49

This is the american version...any update on the new auto-box launching here....

Old 10th November 2009, 22:02   #50
Team-BHP Support

I really admire these guys, they constantly improve an already bullet proof vehicle. 3 cheers to M&M, i would check you out, if i were out in the market for an UV.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2009 at 22:03.
Old 11th November 2009, 06:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

3 cheers to M&M for adding these features. But aren't white lights illegal?
Old 11th November 2009, 08:48   #52
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I caught the bus a little early. Missed out on the 4x4 and now this. Either ways I still own the predecessor and the engine remains the same.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:13   #53
BHPian

They are not HID. They are blue bulbs - fake "wanna be" HIDs.
They wont blind you because they dont have enough power. They are worse than regular Yellow bulbs. They just look fancy (ugly), thats all.

Therefore it is not a safety feature, but the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Is there any utility to these blue bulbs? I mean besides blinding the oncoming traffic? As it is most people drive almost exclusively on Full beam, now manufacturers like Mahindra in their zest to add features, howsoever inane, are just making it worse for others.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:19   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop RD View Post
Nope, all these features are available with the current SLE version. When I went to book my SLE previous week, I did make a call to the M&M customer care manager and he did not say about any new features being added to SLE, however told that still there is a price hike of about 10K for this variant.
mHawk Engine and ABS were available in the previous models?
I am not sure.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:56   #55
BHPian

The bluish bulbs look slightly better than the regular ambient coloured light-(normal halogens). A feature is provided after necessary review of the product and these lights are certainly better( for visibility) than the regular bulbs in night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
They are not HID. They are blue bulbs - fake "wanna be" HIDs.
They wont blind you because they dont have enough power. They are worse than regular Yellow bulbs. They just look fancy (ugly), thats all.

Therefore it is not a safety feature, but the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Is there any utility to these blue bulbs? I mean besides blinding the oncoming traffic? As it is most people drive almost exclusively on Full beam, now manufacturers like Mahindra in their zest to add features, howsoever inane, are just making it worse for others.
I dont think that bluish bulbs are hazards and are for blinding oncoming traffic and just because most people drive on with high beams so companies should not consider providing better lights. I am sure you have driven on darkened roads/ highways at night and you know how critical a good headlight beam is.

Mostly people who have less driving etiquettes would not go on low beam when they see something approaching from opposite direction. My experience has been slightly different. Rarely, I find people not sensible enough to switch on low beam. What works best with such drivers on highways at night-mostly truckers- when they prefer to ignore despite I use dipper to attract attention ? - a reciprocal action- bright high beam .

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Quality of most features on VLX variant like reverse sensors, TPMS and other sensors feel worse than even the cheapest chinese accesories. Most of this stuff can be had aftermarket. It makes sense only to buy VLX only for Airbags otherwise Sle variant with abs is recommended.
I am sure lot of people would prefer to buy SLE and get the other features installed from market which should turn out to be cheaper. However, I dont think that its so easy to replicate all the features of VLX in SLE easily ( leaving aside airbag) Reverse sensor - probably can be fitted from outside but the fit and finish that is there with OEM equipment is much better than after market fittings. TPMS- I dont think can be installed so easily- specially, the indicator unit in the central console. So is the case with steering mounted controls and cruise control, auto wiper and headlights switches.

Last edited by shatrughna : 11th November 2009 at 14:58.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:38   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

According to an advertisement in the newspaper Airbags are shown as optional so they might not be available in all VLX Scorpios.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to an advertisement in the newspaper Airbags are shown as optional so they might not be available in all VLX Scorpios.
Where have you seen this ad ? Can you share that ad here please ?
Old 11th November 2009, 18:52   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Seems true what Anshuman has posted - because as hondadude mentioned on one of his posts about the colours available - even in the 4X4 AT options- the colours available are different for the ones with airbags and ones without airbags. Pricelist awaited.

Anshuman please, share the ad if possible- could be the first one so far mentioned on TBHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Where have you seen this ad ? Can you share that ad here please ?
Old 12th November 2009, 10:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Seems true what Anshuman has posted - because as hondadude mentioned on one of his posts about the colours available - even in the 4X4 AT options- the colours available are different for the ones with airbags and ones without airbags. Pricelist awaited.

Anshuman please, share the ad if possible- could be the first one so far mentioned on TBHP.
Here is the ad, saw it late last evening while going through HT City.

Note, they are promoting AT box too (maximum utilization of the ad)

Also point to be noted, the extended warranty worth 9999 is FREE as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio gets Airbags, Bluetooth and more-scorpio-ad.jpg  

Last edited by tanwaramit : 12th November 2009 at 10:31.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:15   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastboy View Post
This is the american version...any update on the new auto-box launching here....

So they have put in a triptonic shift system for the US!! They had to. Good question. When will we get it in India

Most Viewed