Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 11:25   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
mHawk Engine and ABS were available in the previous models?
I am not sure.
The engine in the refreshed scorpio is mHawk for all variants and ABS is available with SLE variant already.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:42   #62
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Scorpio has caught up and crossed the safari in the features game, on the price point, Auto and on reliability, it still lags on the rear ride and interior space battle. Safari Auto with more features requred soon for the benifit of the Indian consumer.

M&M must be apprecited for the constant upgrade. Wish they did something more about the ride, and the front dash though - soon.
Old 12th November 2009, 13:58   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

The previous VLS variant was rebadged as SLE when refreshed Scorpio was launched. As per my info Captain seat for middle row are not available in SLE variant.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:01   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Scorpio has caught up and crossed the safari in the features game, on the price point, Auto and on reliability, it still lags on the rear ride and interior space battle. Safari Auto with more features requred soon for the benifit of the Indian consumer.
Unfortunately Mahindra cannot improve the interior space due to the dimensions. I think the all new SUV to be launched next year from Mahindra will be a game changer in the Industry. It seems that Tata has a bigger focus on the passenger car segment than on the SUV segment. Manza is a great package. If they could put the same into the next generation Safari and improve their quality control, I feel it will be a great product.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

any updates on the pricing, confirmation about airbags with vlx or would be optional with vlx??
Old 12th November 2009, 17:05   #66
BHPian

M&M must offer its A/T across all scorpio variants including LX, SLE.

Offering A/T on Xylo would be a great step for M&M.

I fail to understand why airbags associated with top end version only?

Indian Govt must make ABS mandatory on all vehicles and direct SIAM to offer Airbags as option on all variants.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:25   #67
BHPian

Scorpio Hybrid

I think I was late to catch the Scorpio's Hybrid Wagon, any reviews going on? I though the launch was mid 2010 but happy to see one right in front of my eyes today afternoon at Infopark, Cochin.

The initial reprots I could search out was the engine M&M brings out is the SmartFuel in collaboration with Bosch Inc. Heard the overall incremental cost on casting the Hybrid role to Scorpio is just Rs. 3800. I need to take that with little bit of salt. The mileage offering is around 16Kmpl and the protgonist of the tale is 'Greener Mahindra'.

Any updates like
1. running cost
2. Mileage
3. Maintance cost

I wonder how the local workmanship is gona get the heads up on the Hybrid technology. What happens you get a mess up in the middle of teh drive? Why I say this is because the history taught us how any new comers to the Indian market have had a tough learning curve(Tata, Logan, Baleno etc.).

How might the M&M plan to beef up its after sales and coverage in the country with this niche technology under the hood.
Old 12th November 2009, 20:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
any updates on the pricing, confirmation about airbags with vlx or would be optional with vlx??
Yuo, it is here for 4x4 AT http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post1578432
Old 12th November 2009, 21:24   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogweelz View Post
I think I was late to catch the Scorpio's Hybrid Wagon, any reviews going on? I though the launch was mid 2010 but happy to see one right in front of my eyes today afternoon at Infopark, Cochin.

The initial reprots I could search out was the engine M&M brings out is the SmartFuel in collaboration with Bosch Inc. Heard the overall incremental cost on casting the Hybrid role to Scorpio is just Rs. 3800. I need to take that with little bit of salt. The mileage offering is around 16Kmpl and the protgonist of the tale is 'Greener Mahindra'.

Any updates like
1. running cost
2. Mileage
3. Maintance cost

I wonder how the local workmanship is gona get the heads up on the Hybrid technology. What happens you get a mess up in the middle of teh drive? Why I say this is because the history taught us how any new comers to the Indian market have had a tough learning curve(Tata, Logan, Baleno etc.).

How might the M&M plan to beef up its after sales and coverage in the country with this niche technology under the hood.
You are confusing Micro-Hybrid with a proper Hybrid (which is yet to be launched). Micro-Hybrid is essentially a start stop system which turns off engine upon prolonged idling and its cost per vehicle is around 3900 bucks a car. Mahindra's proper hybrid is under development AFAIK.
Old 12th November 2009, 23:30   #70
BHPian

Oh My God They Finally Did It!!!! Yesssss

and you know what this means guys!! they must be ready to roll out the next gen SUV too!! the one that we had spy pics of!!

i wont be surprised if they have something exciting to offer customers this jan in 2010 delhi auto show!

Last edited by Caramelo : 12th November 2009 at 23:34.
Old 13th November 2009, 14:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
Oh My God They Finally Did It!!!! Yesssss

and you know what this means guys!! they must be ready to roll out the next gen SUV too!! the one that we had spy pics of!!

i wont be surprised if they have something exciting to offer customers this jan in 2010 delhi auto show!

yes they did and surely would be in demand as well.4x4 and airbags were missing in offerings which now are available along with added features.Sad our dealers punjab and shital motors still dont have any info regarding this new prices, features are yes known to them.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:43   #72
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

If TATA can have a stretch Indigo XL why can't Scropio go for a stretch Scorpio.

Am sure that will help the space issue in front and mid seats, and also help with the handling.

But the the guys at the M&M R&D would have already thought this one out and there must be some bigger issue in getting the handling right.

It is tightly constructed, but more room upfront (bumper) would help with the NCAP, plus allow for a grander and safer dash.
Old 13th November 2009, 18:28   #73
BHPian

The website updated- linky below:
whatsnew

6 new features added.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp mighty muscular.bmp (726.8 KB, 595 views)
Old 13th November 2009, 23:23   #74
BHPian

The OTR Mumbai prices for VLX BSIII WEF 01.11.2009 are

STD - 1063902/-
Highend - 1074256/-
Highend with Airbags - 1096248/-

4x4 prices are:

STD - 1161327/-
Highend - 1171775/-
Highend with Airbags - 1193968/-
Old 14th November 2009, 23:20   #75
BHPian

Price list Mumbai

Posting complete price list at Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai/ Thane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
The OTR Mumbai prices for VLX BSIII WEF 01.11.2009 are

STD - 1063902/-
Highend - 1074256/-
Highend with Airbags - 1096248/-

4x4 prices are:

STD - 1161327/-
Highend - 1171775/-
Highend with Airbags - 1193968/-
Attached Files
File Type: xls new scorp price list nov 09.xls (25.5 KB, 631 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks