Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 07:44   #76
BHPian

thanks for the price update shatrughna. Waiting for chennai
Old 15th November 2009, 08:53   #77
Senior - BHPian

i wish i could have this one instead of my current mHawk!

i would get airbags, new bumpers, electric ORVM, 4WD & the new instrument cluster!
Old 15th November 2009, 09:07   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Posting complete price list at Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai/ Thane.
wow, so finally you got the pricing. booked ? when is the beast expected ?
Old 15th November 2009, 14:46   #79
BHPian

has the website been updated when are these features gonna be available?
Old 15th November 2009, 14:50   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
Its available check with dealer near you.
Old 15th November 2009, 16:35   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
wow, so finally you got the pricing. booked ? when is the beast expected ?
Yes, booked with 50k on 28th Oct. Been in touch with dealer for the new features. I am ready to pick up one even today but I guess they will give me one in the last week Dec or , Jan first week. Dealer has no delivery schedule as yet for this config_ all new with 4X4 AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
Website not updated as yet. Their programmer must be working this weekend to get the final script ready awaiting approval for upload.
Old 15th November 2009, 17:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

Wow.this is looking good.I see a lot of indian cars getting very tech savvy indeed. Looks good.This would be a nice handsome package.Just wish they could attain the high speed stability of an Innova.
It would be a perfect SUV then.
Old 15th November 2009, 17:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Just wish they could attain the high speed stability of an Innova.
It would be a perfect SUV then.
i share a different experience. on straight roads, my innova is not stable above speeds of 130 kmph. it starts wallowing & does not feel confident. on the other hand, the scorpios feels a lot better with the 'planted to the ground' feeling & the car feels much more composed. lower tyre & engine noise in the scorpio could be a reason too.

but in bends, its a different story. the scorpio rolls a lot more than the innova & hence feels nowhere as surefooted.
Old 15th November 2009, 19:33   #84
Senior - BHPian

@Raj

Feels like we were cheated. :(

4WD and Airbags. Why can't M&M have done this an year back.

I somewhat disagree with your view on the straight line manners. I haven't driven the Innova all that much, so its not a comparative view.

The Scorp at 130+ starts getting really scary.

Its pretty far from being a planted ride.

Have you upsized the tires?
Old 16th November 2009, 10:46   #85
BHPian

On straight roads, I never had any problem zipping it at all speeds included max that it could go at. In fact, the wind resistance is felt too much specially with a roof carrier - at higher speeds, may be due to its non-aerodynamic shape and added woes with a carrier.

After few days of induction and adapting to the vehicles characteristics- its as simple as any other car and pulls pretty well in the right rpm band.

As raj_5004 mentioned, yes , at bends, the throttle and brakes coordination are required for better control and its a lot more involving( better way to put it) in twisties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
@Raj

I somewhat disagree with your view on the straight line manners. I haven't driven the Innova all that much, so its not a comparative view.

Old 16th November 2009, 13:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
On straight roads, I never had any problem zipping it at all speeds included max that it could go at. In fact, the wind resistance is felt too much specially with a roof carrier - at higher speeds, may be due to its non-aerodynamic shape and added woes with a carrier.

After few days of induction and adapting to the vehicles characteristics- its as simple as any other car and pulls pretty well in the right rpm band.
I have driven over 10k Kms in the past year on the Scorp. 90% of it has been highway driving.

The max it goes to is anyway 145kmph. My point is that after 130, the ride dips sharply as regards confidence.

It just doesn't seem planted. The people in the last row feel like they've been thrown in a washing machine.

The Scorp is best driven around 90-100. Anything above gets physically tiring for the passengers.

I recently drove my Scorp to Dhanaulti. The good thing is that I never felt doomed by the body roll. However, the stock rubber did cause a couple of scary moments.
There was this corner where the road was covered with small pieces of gravel.. The Scorp just drifted around the corner. It was quite scary as the right shoulder led to a steep fall.

OT:

Would better rubber help me in situations where I am driving over gravel? The car loses traction solely because of the presence of rolling pebbles below it. It seems like the rubber has little part to play in this.

Opinions...?
Old 16th November 2009, 13:58   #87
BHPian

Max I could do in V2 Indica was around 140kmph and just touched around the same ( a little over) in VLX. I didnt feel much difference in the confidence inspiring attributes- stakes of either cars. Any car( that I have driven) at its peak performance ( read top speed) feels more or less wobbly , slightly skittish etc, etc. and that included diesels and petrols, Accent crdi,Verna VGT, Laura PD, Wagon R, Santro AT and Safari.
Any speed beyond normal ( for an individual perspectives) triggers a lot of psychological stimulus including adrenaline flow, hieghtened alertness etc. ( high fundoo Man related) apart from the machine related issues of laws of physics - motion, momemtum etc .

As long as it satisfies your need for utility, passion, speed, adventure, budgets-VFM, FE- its a compromise/ balancing act at a lot of fronts. But to the best of my knowledge, a car that is capable of 145kmph is decent enough in its range and I am sure its safe enough as its all determined after reasonable amount of testing in real life conditions- so I rarely bother about that aspect provided that the conditions of tyres, road - traffic and brakes and passengers on board- permit to do so..
Not justifying the skittish nature of Scorpio at high speeds- but just intend to indicate the expectations that we should have. Try to Pete it and share a detailed report. And fully agreed that at around 80-100 kmph Scorpio feels, calm, quite, happy , smooth etc. This indicates that man and machine are in harmony at these speeds in the current matrix of time and space ( read mechanicals of scorpio) ( road conditions - including the speed limits prescribed- permitting)

For tyres, we have a lot of information available on the forum and definitely, it will make some difference on the FE , Top Speed, NVH levels, etc. depending on which set you choose- you will need to be specific in your wishlist when you consult the experts- at least prioritise them in an order so that you may get recommendations of correct sizes, make -brands etc.

Quote:
I have driven over 10k Kms in the past year on the Scorp. 90% of it has been highway driving.

The max it goes to is anyway 145kmph. My point is that after 130, the ride dips sharply as regards confidence.

It just doesn't seem planted. The people in the last row feel like they've been thrown in a washing machine.

The Scorp is best driven around 90-100. Anything above gets physically tiring for the passengers.

I recently drove my Scorp to Dhanaulti. The good thing is that I never felt doomed by the body roll. However, the stock rubber did cause a couple of scary moments.
There was this corner where the road was covered with small pieces of gravel.. The Scorp just drifted around the corner. It was quite scary as the right shoulder led to a steep fall.

OT:

Would better rubber help me in situations where I am driving over gravel? The car loses traction solely because of the presence of rolling pebbles below it. It seems like the rubber has little part to play in this.

Opinions...?
Old 16th November 2009, 14:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

I Agree with ESSYOUWE. SUVs are not for comfortable driving. especially indian SUVs. They have a huge body roll and a bad ride. After 3 hrs of SUV ride one needs to take rest for at least an hour.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:58   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Raj

seriously buddy, i feel very sad.

Quote:

no, i have not upsized the tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I Agree with ESSYOUWE. SUVs are not for comfortable driving. especially indian SUVs. They have a huge body roll and a bad ride. After 3 hrs of SUV ride one needs to take rest for at least an hour.
Untrue. the scorpio & safari are very much comfortable on long drives. infact i prefer these indian SUVs more than sedans. anyways, this has been discussed/debated in depth in another thread!
Old 16th November 2009, 17:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Raj.

They are serious mile-crunchers. Having driven a 1000 kms a day... I still felt I could do more had the day not ended. :P

Its just about how you drive. The long drive I just referred to was done with the Scorp 100+ almost all the time (Was in a hurry, had to beat the curfew). Although, I had to be super concentrated on the road, I was much less tired than the people in the last row.

My query regarding tires was not about general upsizing/changing rubber.

What I want to know is that in situations like the one I have outlined, how far would better/wider rubber help me?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks