Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 09:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@amit:

I don't have a Tata Safari, else I would have crept underneath with a scale. I had picked up a brochure of the old TCIC safari when I was planning to get one. I recall this from then.

If you have measured it, I will take your word on it.
TCIC was lower I think 190 mm , 2.2 VTT is 205 the changes are in rim size and also suspension.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:46   #152
BHPian

The only thing that is crappy in the Scorpio is the ICE. Does anyone know if changing the OE system affects the bluetooth feature? I'm getting mine today. I asked the salesman if they have a buy back scheme and I was cursing under my breath when he said we can offer you 3K for it!
All accessories, everything is overpriced - by large amounts! Wonder how they claim that their spares are cheaper than the competition.
Old 2nd January 2010, 09:35   #153
BHPian

I'm in a fix. I'll loose the bluetooth feature if I change the Head unit. Does anyone know of a better system where I can continue to use this feature? I'll also loose the steering audio controls and from the research Ranga has done, there is a contraption costing about 7K that can be used to convert the wired signal to a wireless one.
P.S. I took delivery of the Vlx yesterday - detailed report pending
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:16   #154
Senior - BHPian

i lost my steering controls when i changed the HU of my scorpio VLX but i dont regret it. anyways, i have heard there is a small chip or something (costing Rs. 7000) you can fit to regain the steering controls.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:06   #155
BHPian

I own a M Hawk bought 2 months back .

Cruise control is not a cheap feature . I used it for almost 200-250 Kms while comming from Belgaum to Bangalore and also the toll roads from blore to Salem and chennai

The Tyre tronics is not a cheap feature either . Imagine a system which actually monitors the tyre pressure online when the vehicle is running . This can avoid tyre burst in high speeds .

Micro Hybrid is not a cheap feature either . Switches of the vehicle , saves fuel and fumes which are not needed .

Rain sensors also help us to switch on the vipers as and when needed .

RPS is also a useful feature . It helps to park the vehicle

None of them are cheap features as mentioned in this thread . I am writing this after using them

I do agree with all that the music system is pure crap .

Its actually single din in the back with a 2 din type set up in the front . Having paid 11lakhs for the vehicle , i expected a better ICE . I am having the old system and thinking of plugging it in my office Bolero ..

High speed turns are still a issue . I recently took my M Hawk for a long drive to goa . High speed turns are simply impossible ..

With even 235 radials from BS , it still needs better rubber to support the high weight on the top ...

Not sure how people drive this @ 140 + on long routes . I am still sticking to 2.5K RPM & 100KMs in long drives till i touch 5K kms ...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th January 2010 at 19:52. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 5th January 2010, 18:33   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
High speed turns are still a issue . I recently took my M Hawk for a long drive to goa . High speed turns are simply impossible ..

With even 235 radials from BS , it still needs better rubber to support the high weight on the top ...

Not sure how people drive this @ 140 + on long routes . I am still sticking to 2.5K RPM & 100KMs in long drives till i touch 5K kms ...
You should to slow down at curves no point in trying this stunt.

Fat rubber may give you better braking but will not take away wobbliness. In fact it can be more dangerous with false sense of security. A High CG vehicle with more grip is more dangerous on curves, Imagine how a cube would behave if you apply lateral force on middle holding the lower edge on one side with your fingers.

Handling is one thing where M&M need to improve.It was the biggest negative point of mHwack when I was in market and single reason why I did not select it despite everything being good.
Old 5th January 2010, 18:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I own a M Hawk bought 2 months back .

Cruise control is not a cheap feature . I used it for almost 200-250 Kms while comming from Belgaum to Bangalore and also the toll roads from blore to Salem and chennai

The Tyre tronics is not a cheap feature either . Imagine a system which actually monitors the tyre pressure online when the vehicle is running . This can avoid tyre burst in high speeds .

Micro Hybrid is not a cheap feature either . Switches of the vehicle , saves fuel and fumes which are not needed .

Rain sensors also help us to switch on the vipers as and when needed .

RPS is also a useful feature . It helps to park the vehicle

None of them are cheap features as mentioned in this thread . I am writing this after using them
finally i met someone who thinks all the electronics in the mHawk is not useless! i agree with you on everything, i have not found any gizmo in my mHawk to be useless except that the auto headlights is rarely used by me.

i am more surprised because many comments are from members who have never used this feature in the scorpio. still they know its useless!
Old 5th January 2010, 20:05   #158
BHPian

Scorpio is a good vehicle for the long straight highways where all lanes are ear marked . Well India GQP project is picking up and we can now find a lot of toll roads , straight roads , with all villages avoided through flyovers . This means we can still drive the Scorpio safely if as what informed to be above ( In Limits )

The street presence of this vehicle is one among the best .I don't think even paying 23 Lakhs+ one can get a i can see all seat in any other vehicle ( No Hard feelings for those who own these kind of SUVs )

The only negatives i have found in this car is S P A C E

Though it looks big boy from outside , it lacks space for any luggage if we need to travel with 5 people + Luggage ......

We are a group of 3 friends and form a 6 member gang keeping our better half's in mind . This means we can't travel with our luggage in a Scorpio together .

May be this is possible in cars like Innova .

End of the day never ever can one build a SUV / CAR which can be the best in all ..
Old 5th January 2010, 20:12   #159
BHPian

Guys, I heard from a dealer here that the 2010 scorpio comes with few updated features. Any news on this yet?
Old 5th January 2010, 21:26   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

People have already started getting delivery of 2010 vehicles. The 7 additional features are the ones discussed in this thread. I haven't heard of anything else. Frankly the sales people at dealerships are the least informed lot. You generally get more accurate information on team-bhp.
Old 6th January 2010, 07:42   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Though it looks big boy from outside , it lacks space for any luggage if we need to travel with 5 people + Luggage ==========
May be this is possible in cars like Innova
Get luggage carrier and put the luggages on top if possible.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:22   #162
BHPian

I am not sure of adding luggage on the top and the Scorpio being stable on the highway

It also spoils the look of the scorpio to a large extent ...
Old 12th January 2010, 00:25   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Guys, I heard from a dealer here that the 2010 scorpio comes with few updated features. Any news on this yet?
As already mentioned earlier, the only new 'feature' on the 2010 model is the catalytic converter - that makes it BS4 compliant. All other features were introduced in December 2009.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:52   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
As already mentioned earlier, the only new 'feature' on the 2010 model is the catalytic converter - that makes it BS4 compliant. All other features were introduced in December 2009.
Catalytic converter is there since the days of BS2 , For BS4 norms vehicles need Ultra low Sulpher diesel to reduce SO2 emission and change in lubricants and tolerance of metals used to offset the effect of low sulpher in diesel.
also to reduce CO and NO emission lowering the temperature of combustion is required in BS3 this was achieved by EGR valve for BS4 vehicles may go to water cooled EGR.
Old 13th January 2010, 13:46   #165
BHPian

Amit, What I meant was the catalytic converter is different to comply with BS4 norms. That is what he said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks