Team-BHP - Mahindra Scorpio gets Airbags, Bluetooth and more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio gets Airbags, Bluetooth and more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/68977-mahindra-scorpio-gets-airbags-bluetooth-more.html)

Mahindra has introduced an updated version of its Scorpio with front airbags, Bluetooth and other features . Here is a complete list of new additions. Taken from the official press release.

Quote:

• * Mahindra Body Function Module (below driver seat) - Helps diagnose problems without opening the bonnet

* Speed Alert Warning - Gives an audio alert you when you cross a preset limit

* Bluetooth Connectivity - Take a call with hands on the wheel and eyes on the road

* Bluevision - bulb in headlamps gives a whiter output similar to Xenon headlamps which improves night time visibility

* Front Speakers with inbuilt tweeters - Provides enhanced sound quality at higher frequencies.

* New Twinpod Instrument Cluster - Higher data accuracy

* LED-driven ‘telltale’ bulbs - Fuel & Temperature gauge as bar graphs.

* Integrated tyre pressure monitoring system.

* Large central LCD display.

* Front Dual Airbags - In the event of a collision, these dual airbags, also called SRS – Supplementary Restraint System inflate instantly, protecting you from serious injury that may be caused from crashing into the steering wheel

Mahindra Scorpio gets Airbags, Bluetooth and more-scor1.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio gets Airbags, Bluetooth and more-scor2.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio gets Airbags, Bluetooth and more-scor3.jpg

wow, this is great. mahindra should stand as a lesson for TATA.

can we have pictures for the other features added too?

and how much is the price impact?

I am curious about the "module" thingy.
All modern cars have an ECU which has error codes for problems. Whats new here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1572784)

i guess they just want to emphasize that the placement of this is now more service friendly :)

IMHO, more of a marketing hype type thing

Mahindra's own jeep has become tech savy clap:Wonderful!

Wow, Mahindra is taking Scorpio in the right direction. Would be interested in the price increase and the availability across variants.

Could be a lead response to the launch of the new Safari. Going by the Manza equipment list, the new Safari will probably make it better. So its Mahindra thats pre-reacting (I am not saying, "being proactive").

well, finally mahindra thought to provide airbags on scorpio which was missing, but then there's no seat adjustments yet provided, and all these additions are only on top end vlx 4x2, doubt whether its available on 4x4 too and on slx as options as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 1572840)
Could be a lead response to the launch of the new Safari. Going by the Manza equipment list, the new Safari will probably make it better. So its Mahindra thats pre-reacting (I am not saying, "being proactive").

I am ignorant, is new Safari in the cords? Any further news in team-bhp?

Airbags: A welcome addition. Don't know what took you so long M&M.

great news
very good that they've taken this initiative - about time too considering the speeds being done on our highways and the fact that our countrymen are certainly more interested now in better safety features plus are willing to pay for the same - good signs towards a maturing consumer market for vehicles.

Nice add on. Now if only they could go back to their old bumper design/shape.

New Scorpio owners please don't get offended. I find with old bumpers that car looks so much tighter.

And it's purely my view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1572784)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb10gagan (Post 1572775)
wow, this is great. mahindra should stand as a lesson for TATA.

Urmmm... and why?

ABS/Airbags - Manza already has it
Bluetooth - Tata's anniversary versions of Vista have it
Service 'module' - Tata has had this since Indica V1 if I am not mistaken. A light lights up when there is something wrong(like all tell tale lights in all cars), but the 'module' also records suspect problems like even impurities in the fuel. Of course the different thing was that this never worked correctly and/or was very sensitive (Indian 'bad' fuel kept messing up the sensors).

Mahindra's audio warnings are very very irritating as it is. I would prefer tell-tale lights to some lady asking me to strap up or telling me the fuel is low. Plus the rest of the changes are all very very cosmetic.

Finally Scorpio got Airbags and some useful features.I think this might to match the Scorpio sold aboard.

Looks like they were working on introducing airbags on their models. As soon as one of the boffins at M&M shouted "Eureka", they introduced it across the range, including the Xylo.