Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 18:12   #16
BANNED

Re: Tata Nano V2!?

Errr... you guys who got the existing version of Nano and want the upgraded version - please let me know if I will get the new version of WagonR. I have the older version.

I am sure that the NHC owners will want to upgrade to ANHC too.
Old 16th January 2011, 20:45   #17
Team-BHP Support

Is the new Nano coming with a diff. set of tyres for the front and rear?

I spotted a brand new Nano today; it had 1-ply thicker tyres at the rear.
The car din't even have reg. so doubt it is customization.
Old 16th January 2011, 22:55   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
this is the pic captured by Indian autos blog and the link was posted by someone else in another thread about diesel nano.
That looks awkward! And it looks the only the glass is movable! (Like the first gen M800).
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is the new Nano coming with a diff. set of tyres for the front and rear?
Nano always had different spec tyres, front and rear!

135/70R12 front and 155/65 R12 rear!
Old 21st October 2011, 16:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

I spotted this Nano today at Pimpri, with vents above the rear bumper. The strange part though is the car had private plates, so not sure if it really is a design change for better engine heat dissipation or just a decorative accessory fitted by the owner. This Nano had a Tata Motors sticker on the inside of the rear glass though, which makes me think that it was a test car.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano V2!?-20111021-15.18.41.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2011, 13:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I spotted this Nano today at Pimpri, with vents above the rear bumper. The strange part though is the car had private plates, so not sure if it really is a design change for better engine heat dissipation or just a decorative accessory fitted by the owner. This Nano had a Tata Motors sticker on the inside of the rear glass though, which makes me think that it was a test car.

I feel that it is a probable fix for the fire issue. The new vents allow more air to flow through the engine compartment thereby reducing the chance of Petrol vapor accumulation in the cabin which I think that is one of the reason behind the fire incidents. In almost all the incidents, the spectators said that the fire spreaded very fast which I think only becuase of the vapour factor since for nano the petrol tank is towards the underside of front passenger seat.

Lets hope this new fix will really fix the haunting fire issue for Nano
Old 22nd October 2011, 13:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Nano in White colour with TCS sticker on its back left hand side on HINJEWADI road.It had a LHS-RVM in black, was a CX version.It had PANDIT AUTO Sticker as well.

Looks like special edition NANO for TCS Employees.
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is there a talk of Nano CRDI with CVT? There is a good market for this configuration.

Last edited by Guna : 22nd October 2011 at 14:16.
Old 24th October 2011, 09:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Is this a new colour on the Nano? Also notice the rear view mirror on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano V2!?-20111024-09.07.07.jpg  

Old 24th October 2011, 11:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

According to my source NANO diesel is ready to launch. But they want to stabilize the petrol model before launching diesel.
Old 24th October 2011, 11:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Good catch there @fiat_tarun. Apart from the left ORVM, did you notice any other difference compared to the current Nano. Like in Engine sound, et al.

I notice something different on the hatch. Could this be openable?
Old 24th October 2011, 11:27   #26
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
According to my source NANO diesel is ready to launch. But they want to stabilize the petrol model before launching diesel.
Thanks but stablize what? the downward Sales? The product is stable enough. They need to rush ahead with the Diesel and get it into market ASAP.

Plus get the left wing mirror and the openable rear hatch in place ASAP. Europa bumpers and font lights would make it very desirable even at about 2.5L for the top end.
Old 24th October 2011, 11:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Good catch there @fiat_tarun. Apart from the left ORVM, did you notice any other difference compared to the current Nano. Like in Engine sound, et al.

I notice something different on the hatch. Could this be openable?
I didn't notice any other difference. The only difference i noticed was the colour and the left OVRM. He was too far ahead for me to hear the sound and then I had to turn off in a different direction. The boot had something like a chrome strip running at the bottom. I looked for hinges, but didn't see any, so I don't think it is openable.

Also notice that there is a flap covering the engine, as i think lot of people didn't like the engine being visible from behind.

I had posted a pic a few days back on the same thread of a Nano with a vent above the rear bumper. So looks like Tata is testing a lot of things on the Nano.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 24th October 2011 at 12:01.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 17:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I saw a Nano in White colour with TCS sticker on its back left hand side on HINJEWADI road.It had a LHS-RVM in black, was a CX version.It had PANDIT AUTO Sticker as well.

Looks like special edition NANO for TCS Employees.
TATA Motors had an agressive campaign in all TCS premises around first week of Aug. Offer included "Special Edition" Nano at 25K discount, 0 downpayment and special interest rate of 7.5% with option of EMIs deducted from salary. It was supposed to have LORVM, alloy wheels (For CX), TCS Sticker and Ratan Tata's signature.

Inspite of very agressive internal communication and lots of test drive vehicles, they hardly sold any. I am yet to spot one of them!

Last edited by thegame : 24th October 2011 at 17:53.
Old 24th October 2011, 18:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Does nano sound overpriced with the likes of Eon coming in? The cheap car tag is something that no one wants, even the guy with little money in his pocket. Tata needs to change the marketing strategy to get rid of this tag asap!
And yeh..get the diesel on the market right now!! Petrol isn't going to sell. Not with the current petrol prices and the popular sentiment.
Old 24th October 2011, 20:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
..The cheap car tag is something that no one wants, even the guy with little money in his pocket. Tata needs to change the marketing strategy to get rid of this tag asap!
And yeh..get the diesel on the market right now!! Petrol isn't going to sell. Not with the current petrol prices and the popular sentiment.
Diesel Nano can very well be a runaway hit. That can even change the "cheap car" perception among the masses. That is what Nano needs to spruce up its image.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks