Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 15:49   #181
BHPian

VW act was really suit the company's image in India as many people dont know how to say its name Volkswagen or Foxwagen.
As it the largest auto manufacturing company in the world now it should be big bang in India also, as they are offering world class cars in India and now launching the peoples' car Polo in January 2010.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:53   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo is a very important model for VW. They cannot try to take chances with this car. With existing cars (Passat and Jetta) being sold at a higher price point in very low volumes an average indian does not know much about the brand. This advertisement served it purpose of getting noticed and maybe creating a brand perception in long term.

I fear VW may ruin its Polo game if they offer existing engine range from Skoda Fabia, out of which diesel is horribly unrefined for this age and Petrols are unsuited to indian fuel.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:01   #183
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I fear VW may ruin its Polo game if they offer existing engine range from Skoda Fabia, out of which diesel is horribly unrefined for this age and Petrols are unsuited to indian fuel.

We will definately see newer engines on the Polo. - and this time possibly later on the fabia as well. (They are using the same plant afterall.)
Old 13th November 2009, 20:36   #184
njh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Polo is a very important model for VW. They cannot try to take chances with this car. With existing cars (Passat and Jetta) being sold at a higher price point in very low volumes an average indian does not know much about the brand. This advertisement served it purpose of getting noticed and maybe creating a brand perception in long term.

VW is bringing in new engines for the Polo. The current Fabia engines are outdated. VW is not taking any chances. The diesel and petrol engines are newly developed to provide better fuel efficiency and are more refined.
Old 13th November 2009, 22:00   #185
BHPian

The advertising was really appealing and it marks the entry of Volkawagen into India with a thud. This concept of buying out the entire newspaper, or blocing the entire channel (as is being done by HUL) is really catching up in India. It also shows their seriousness towards the indian market.
I had read somewhere that they had to pay 7 crores for the entire campaign.
Old 14th November 2009, 00:34   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
7 Crs. is not a big amount for vodaphone, ..
I am sure this is a typo and you meant VW
Old 14th November 2009, 00:41   #187
BHPian

SUV & Beetle are coming next month but Polo launch is not mentioned anywhere in the advt.
Old 14th November 2009, 10:50   #188
BHPian

The TV ads are also being aired now for models coming in December. Saw an Ad yesterday.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:05   #189
BHPian

Polo is surely coming this January 2010, I confirmed with local dealer even they are taking bookings for that.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:12   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Polo is surely coming this January 2010, I confirmed with local dealer even they are taking bookings for that.
i didnt knew that bookings have already started, did you got any information about its pricing as well.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:19   #191
BHPian

They are telling, price range could be 4.39 to 5.75 lacs.
Old 15th November 2009, 08:21   #192
BHPian

A little birdie told me that the exact cost for the takeover ad was 9 cr. But the ROI that VW got is huge.

Imagine the brand presence on 13 pages of one of the most read newspapers in india and a 14 page thread on one of the most celebrated auto forums in India

The impact is un-imaginable.
Old 15th November 2009, 09:06   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
We will definately see newer engines on the Polo. - and this time possibly later on the fabia as well. (They are using the same plant afterall.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njh View Post
VW is bringing in new engines for the Polo. The current Fabia engines are outdated. VW is not taking any chances. The diesel and petrol engines are newly developed to provide better fuel efficiency and are more refined.
Any confirmed sources. VW is not taking chances is what we believe. They are coming up with 2.0 ltr 115 bhp Bettle. So definitely its not modern or atleast something better could be plonked into Bettle. This setup of bettle makes me doubt availability of modern motors in Polo. If this is state of CBU, what will they offer in Polo. Also IMO, the TSI engine will raise the price than Rs.5-5.5 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_242 View Post
It also shows their seriousness towards the indian market.
I had read somewhere that they had to pay 7 crores for the entire campaign.
IMO, I am not able to understand how we can come to know about seriousness of VW with a Rs. 7 crore campaign. The real seriousness is a set up like Maurti where they are able to offer affordable, reliable products with affordable price of spares and affordable service.
Again, VW is gunning for premium brand here which is against People's car philosophy they have advertised.

If they were trying to get attention, they did manage that, but that is not what I believe in. Have you seen Tata Safari ad ? That is what I call real ad, it serves the purpose and depends upon the real product ( car ) than the brand itself.

In short, IMHO, the end product i.e. car has to be advertised and not the brand that ends up claiming they are ultimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Any details on the engines that are being offered ? If people are coming and booking the car without any details, I think VW has succeeded in their intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Wikipedia is great for info, but it is by no means blindly believable - I was shocked to see on Wiki that Hitler has been credited as the founder - No wonder people make such assumptions and feel they are correct in doing so.
Correct. I have read many automotive related articles on Wikipedia that are either not correct or are lacking in content.
Old 15th November 2009, 12:40   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
The TV ads are also being aired now for models coming in December. Saw an Ad yesterday.
Just saw the new TV ad of VW where in a small guy (around7-8) comes to the dealership and ask if he can book the car in advance, so for his 18th birthday he choses the beetle, for 24 bday when he said he will bw a VP he choses the jetta and for his 30 birthday, when he said he ll be the COE of a company, he choses the Passat. The sales guy then shows him the Toureg, which he said can handle anything on road.

Excellent advertisement . Marketing at its best. Loved it.
Old 15th November 2009, 14:15   #195
Senior - BHPian

That advertisement is very similar to the famous Porsche ad:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks