Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 18:50   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

If they are so serious about India-
1. Why did they give us these mediocre 3cylinder engines?
2. How do they plan to sell car in volumes when with so less dealerships?
3. Why dont the dealerships have TD cars or even display cars yet? They dont even have photocopies of brochures or price lists forget about an original brochure.
I too got blown up with these HOLES this morning.

@anshuman: Agreed with your first two points, however, I beg to differ on the third one. I checked with Noida dealer and they do have display as well as TD cars. I am in fact going this saturday to take a TD. They also have the brochures as well price list. The price list is also available on VW's website.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:57   #257
BHPian

I think today TOI was given as an free paper to all houses in Chennai.I am saying this because this TOI was in my Front door when I opened in the morning.
Can any one confirm this?

After seeing the paper I am totally disappointed by the way they have given the ad.
it's bit irritating to se such add in all pages of a news paper and the regular read might feel bad.
Old 9th March 2010, 00:24   #258
BHPian

Morning was fine but evening was better.

I got a call from a friend saying a helicopter was making rounds with a Polo banner towed along. This happened at Andheri - Sakinaka @5.30PM. Did anyone else see it?
Old 9th March 2010, 09:59   #259
Senior - BHPian

Todays' TOI says that VW Polo ad campaign was probably the first of it's kind in the world!

Quote:
Mumbai: The innovative Volkswagen Polo ad blitzkrieg in The Times of India gave its readers another reason to beat the Monday blues.
On Monday, TOI readers were pleasantly surprised to see a Volkswagen Polo cutting through 16 pages of a separate special edition of the newspaper. Reacting to the jacket innovation, a reader said: “I was stunned by the ad. It was unusual and drives home the point effectively.’’
Echoing the reader’s views, Prem Mehta, who was chairman and MD of Lintas, said: “It’s a very interesting and innovative ad. It draws attention and conveys the message.’’
Bhaskar Das, executive president of Bennett, Coleman & Co, said: “It’s a classic case of collaborative effort involving editorial, marketing, creative media buying, production, distribution and the client.’’
The sheer scale of the entire process — possibly the first of its kind in the world —was impressive:
Over 4 million copies, for 17 editions, needed to be punched across India to make the innovation possible.
Called ‘die design’, the size of the car cut had to be such as to ensure that the car on the front page of the main TOI edition was clearly visible.
They were printed at five centres across the country and then dispatched to 34 vendor locations in six cities for punching.
Insertions in the main TOI edition for all the copies took 4 hours each at each of the distribution centres.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:14   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Todays' TOI says that VW Polo ad campaign was probably the first of it's kind in the world!
So, they have made news out of their own advertising campaign. I don't know whether to or .
Old 10th March 2010, 10:59   #261
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Giant Volkswagen Polo ad in the sky over Bombay

Driving near the Asian Heart hospital, BKC on Monday evening about 18:00, I saw a Volkswagen promotion in the sky. Very innovative!!!

There was what looked like a cream canvas banner with a red Volkswagen Polo on it. Roughly to my judgement it looked like the banner was 120 ft x 80 ft. so just under 10,000 sq. ft.

The giant fluttering cloth banner was being towed by Deccan Aviation's Bell 206B3 Jetranger helicopter.

Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012 (Pg 26)-polobyhelicopter.jpg

Here's a pic, I quickly snapped with my trusty and ever available Nokia N82 phone.

Ram

PS. Once again I felt a rush of gratitude for Nokia having made such an excellent phone camera -- so handy for instant candid photography -- and won't lose the opportunity to bemoan, that not only is this model of phone not sold anymore, but nothing equivalent or better with a Xenon flash is forthcoming.

Last edited by Ram : 10th March 2010 at 11:03. Reason: corrected typo
Old 10th March 2010, 11:03   #262
Team-BHP Support

Excellent capture Sir. Yes, phone cam is the best in this kind of situation.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:08   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Driving near the Asian Heart hospital, BKC on Monday evening about 18:00, I saw a Volkswagen promotion in the sky. Very innovative!!!
True, highly innovative. Lots of money is going into the advertising campaign I guess.

And great impromptu capture. Excellent quality in spite of being at evening twilight hours.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:59   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent composition Ram! You're absolutely right in that that are some situations where a P&S fits in better than a DSLR.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:21   #265
BHPian

That's a real innovative way of advertising (at least in India!). This may open up a whole new way of marketing products in India. Will the famous American 'balloon ship' make its way to our shores now? VW definitely mean serious business in India.

@RAM: The N series phones are truly a godsend! Quick click on the go, anytime, anywhere indeed!
Old 10th March 2010, 14:24   #266
Senior - BHPian

First time I am seeing this kind of ad campaigns in India, nice concept. So VW is damn serious about India for sure.
Old 11th March 2010, 09:45   #267
Senior - BHPian

very good photo ram sir. these european majors are taking so much interesting in indian market now. i always loved european cars. now i want to see such a interest from renault, peugeot.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:08   #268
Senior - BHPian

Excellent capture sir!

OT: Did you take the prior permission of the "Love" bird couple before taking them in the picture?
Old 11th March 2010, 15:35   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
The giant fluttering cloth banner was being towed by Deccan Aviation's Bell 206B3 Jetranger helicopter.
Ram

Now that's one hell of an observation - Ram; you have very sharp eyes - now that's what I call enthusiasm!!
Old 11th March 2010, 15:47   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
First time I am seeing this kind of ad campaigns in India, nice concept. So VW is damn serious about India for sure.
if they are serious, they should give us some serious cars, not ones that are Marutis in German clothing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks