Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 09:04   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Touch sensitive actually - one tap on & one tap off
The idea was really innovative and this will definitely make people take notice of Vento at least once.

I tapped it, pressed it, removed it from the Pune times last page, threw it - still it was going on. Hope, VW's cars goes on like this and customer issues are dealt with promptly.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 21st September 2010 at 09:06.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:06   #302
Senior - BHPian

Just cover the hole with some thing. It will stop. This is what is happening with the device I got. Looks to me like a optical sensor.
Suman, Are you sure of the 'tap' thing?
Old 21st September 2010, 09:10   #303
BHPian

Just cover the sensor it would stop, I liked the concept but they really need to come up with larger service network and quicker delivery.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:19   #304
BHPian

I spread the paper and placed it on desk. Heard some voice while I did that. I was like what ? where ? Looked around. No one in my room. Then I lifted the paper from desk, heard the voice clear now, so yeah its coming from paper. I flipped the paper and there it was VW with their Vento ad. It floored me that I had to tweet about it and smsed a few friends asking them to check it out. This was in TOI and saw the same in Hindu as well.

Every major VW ad campaign gets us discussing about it here. I guess that pretty much sums up the success of the ad campaign.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:21   #305
BHPian

A very innovative advertising indeed, it instantly creates an impression, as it is something totally new and not seen in India. A great way to launch a new product in the market. People will remember the product (recall & recognition), which is the main aim of any advertisement.
But it does shift the attention away from the car to the electronic voice device, so it may be one of the concerns. At the end of the day it should not happen that people only talk about the voice device and not the car.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:23   #306
BHPian

The sensor was actually very annoying. Tapping it to shut it down did not work :( - perhaps the one attached to my newspaper was flawed. Still a cool idea - definitely would get everyone's attention.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:27   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Suman, Are you sure of the 'tap' thing?
Worked on the one we got
Old 21st September 2010, 09:31   #308
BHPian

Talking advt. Highly effective !!

Just a couple of minutes ago, as I was going through the TOI Pune, I heard a human voice . With no other human in sight, I was confused.
Perhaps a Ghost... but how could a ghost possibly turn up in the morning? ( morning tea with me?)
And then when I opened the newspaper the mystery was solved. It was the VW Vento talking advt.
I must admit, the trick has impressed me. The advt.is highly effective and I am sure, it would make a long lasting impact on the minds of the reader.
Kudos to VW and its advt.agency. They certainly are one of the best in the business.

Last edited by auto-one : 21st September 2010 at 09:39.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:34   #309
BHPian

Today's Chennai edition of 'The Hindu' too had this advt. It had a photoelectric cell to control the voice. Nice.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:35   #310
BHPian

I got it too. Very innovative.
Ford also did something like this wherein you had to click a picture with your mobile during Figo's launch and you would get to see a video about the car and yesterday I saw the same concept with the Endeavour ad.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:36   #311
BHPian

The Vento ad is there in Hyd ToI today but not the talking device ... don't know if my area newspapers didn't have it or VW ran out of budget for Hyd.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:36   #312
Senior - BHPian

i was shocked to hear a voice coming out of the newspaper! the device basically is a circuit which activates (the voice is recorded onto a solid state chip) when the LDR (Light Dependent Resistor - that snake like thingy on the device) is exposed to light.

nice trick, but it would have costed VW lot of money to put that device in every TOI!
Old 21st September 2010, 09:47   #313
Senior - BHPian

turn the device up side down.it will stop murmuring
Old 21st September 2010, 09:47   #314
BHPian

loved the vento ad in the newspaper today, very innovative way of making people take notice of the brand and the upcoming Vento.

On a other hand, i am wondering how much it would have costed VW to advertise in this way!!!
Old 21st September 2010, 09:55   #315
Senior - BHPian

Yes innovative sure, but there should a way to shut it in a way other than closings its face. While holding and reading the paper after some time I tore that device and placed it upside down for some peace. I really wonder how much VW must have spent on this device for all the newspapers printed.

Most Viewed