Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 12:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Ad is the "news" and news are "Ads" in TOI. Not very interesting for a hardcore news fan. However good choice by VW, since TOI is the most colourful mainstream newspaper available in India.
Hardcore news fan reading TOI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Read the comments above aaggoswami, i don't think VW is particularly interested in boosting Skoda sales now.
+ 1 to that.

But seriously an all out attack by VW. (reminded me of Rahul Dravid's innings in SA where he blasted Donald and company - totally unexpected). All of VW's competitors must be taken aback today.

Let's hope they stick to their promises.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:22   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nah thats way too high, maybe half of that.
Quote:
I'll get the approx actual cost in due time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
20 - 25 cr.
I've mentioned before that it's difficult to figure out actual cost on this. But knowing TOI I doubt if it comes down that much. But you never know.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:22   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
No, someone else has already paid for this. Thanks
Duh? Who? I paid Rs 3 for the "news"paper. Not to view a VW ad.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Wanted to start this thread in TBHP, but things at work ...

Firstly, to answer the biggest question here. Yes, VW are not understanding that Indians are not understanding the significance of Das Auto. Let me tell you about it. But first...

Similarly here, VW are making a statement. Auto in German means Car. Das Auto means 'The Car'. VW are 'THE' car makers and that is indeed true if you look back at their history and how they made the first affordable car for the masses. However ...

... feel like going out and TDing a Jetta.

PS: This is what the title of this reply meant -> Google Translate

One hell of a post
Old 11th November 2009, 12:35   #65
BHPian

Did Maruti did get wind of this Ad Blitzkierg ?

if you watch News channel since last 2 - 3 days, all of a sudden Swift Ads are apprearing on TV channels - not one three different versions all showing off it as a Sports Cars, Car of everyone ( a elderly Uncle offering a lift to a elderly looking granny in his RED Swift ). I had not see any Swift Ads recently - atleast in TV media. Did Maruti saw whats coming ..? worst that can happen for Maruti in this lean season is , all new car buyers posponing their purchase till Dec
Old 11th November 2009, 12:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Duh? Who? I paid Rs 3 for the "news"paper. Not to view a VW ad.
the whole thing is that ke bhaiiya sabse bada rupaiyyaah.

cheers,
ac
Old 11th November 2009, 12:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

I was about to start this thread when I saw the paper today. I guess about 30 % of today's TOI is VW.

I am impressed - it has certainly left an impact on me.

If not any expensive car - I am definetely a prospective buyer for a VW Polo which debuts at the end of the year according to the Advert.

This AD may have costed VW an exorbitant amount ( 20 cr or 50 cr - whatever !! ). BUT what we should realise is that the Print Media & TV media is the biggest in this country of ours.

With not too many people knowing what VW is - they had to this kind of an advert and will have to do loads more.

I know of people who have no clue what VW is. All they know is Maruti, Hyundai, TATA, Toyota & Honda.

And all these people are prospective buyers for their budget car - POLO so they had to bring brand awareness now.

I think it's a great & smart move by VW - I am waiting to see their Adverts on TV.

Expect a lot of freebies to be distributed this Auto Expo - Paper Bags, Pens, Stationery & Contests & yeah - smart looking girls It's going to be one mad house at the VW Stall.

Last edited by vkochar : 11th November 2009 at 12:47.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:51   #68
BHPian

The ad total cost is approx 5.3 cr .

Had check with my friend in TOI . He had said Main Page - 60 lakhs to 75 Lakhs .

He was not very sure because this is the first time it seems.

Also check with the Chennai dealer for BUG cost - Its 24 lakhs ONLY .

Well they are Number 1 in world now - ( Sales more than Toyota ) so Time to showoff .

This should have shocked other manufacturers for sure

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2009 at 13:10. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, avoid copy paste from external font editors and use Preview before submitting post. Thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 13:01   #69
BHPian

I think VW has made their intentions clear.

I think VW has made their presence clearer.

I think VW has created brand awareness.

I think VW has done a good job. It was like Sachin going mad after Aussie bowlers in the Sharjah semi-final about 10 years back, whirlwind advertisement. And surely Maruti, Hundai and others watchout.

Polo - would be launched sometime in Jan end / Feb in India. And their plans are to export Polo world over from Chakan Plant. It would be priced from 5L for base hatchback to 9L for highend notchback. Available in Petrol and Diesel options. Source - VW Dieler in Pune.

And as someone asked, its not Fabia. In all probability its Polo hatchback.

Beetle would start at 28L and would be launched around Christmas.

And I have already postponed my buying decision for another 2-3 months and waiting for Polo.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

BTW what is the expected price of their peoples' car? I personally did not like VW shoved down my throat with the turn of each page of the TOI.

Last edited by Gansan : 11th November 2009 at 13:08.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:07   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
I think VW has made their intentions clear.
=======================
And I have already postponed my buying decision for another 2-3 months and waiting for Polo.
And for all this to happen VW needs to expand its dealership network all across, not llike FIAT hopping on Tata's back and hoping for dealership and A.$.$. related problems to get solved miraculously.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

I too was surprised by the scale of VW's ads in TOI today!
It was informative too. Though I knew that Audi and Skoda were under VW's umbrellla, I did not know that even Lamborghini and Bugatti were also in its fold!
Old 11th November 2009, 13:10   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

For all those grumbling about TOI, you already know that you dont go to TOI if you want hardcore news.... why grumble now?

Just the fact that in about 5 hours, this thread is 5 pages long proves that VW succeeded.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:10   #74
BHPian

What an issue!

I was pleasantly surprised to see the cover of the TOI this morning, and what followed with the pages was staggering!

I am a big VW fan and was thrilled to see the marketing splash today.

My Jetta is now just over 3 months old and I have clocked about 3000 km. I will be posting a report on the same very soon.

Until then, I think VW made it very clear to everyone what they are about:

1. Safety
2. Innovation
3. Reliability
4. Performance
5. Build Quality ( this I can vouch for!! - The build quality of VW is not A grade, it is definitely an A+ grade! )

Most importantly, they made it clear that they are here to stay, with a state of the art manufacturing facility and a huge investment, they mean business. I only wish that they had mentioned that this year, until date, VW has sold 4.4 million cars worldwide, ahead of Toyotas 4 million, making them the largest manufacturer this year.

I hope this is only the begining of a phenomenon that has millions of followers worldwide!
Old 11th November 2009, 13:16   #75
BANNED

Check this link in business Line - ' [SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Highest ever monthly sales in Oct, says Volkswagen India chief [/COLOR][/SIZE]'
The Hindu Business Line : Highest ever monthly sales in Oct, says Volkswagen India chief

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks