Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 15:30   #106
BHPian

Too good to start a brand awarness campaing.
Even then they won't reach to the place where atleast Ford is as today in India for another 2 years. If they exceed Ford numbers within 2 years, they have made a mark. And they need to be taken seriously.
Competitors will always point the negative aspect rather than the sheer engineering excellence provided by them which isn't with any of the Indian manufacturers. So to avoid these nitty gritty issues, they are starting by providing the technical details.

A management case study for sure for management students. Way to go VW !!!. Just brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I Think Das Auto, as a slogan might have issues. Most people will think that its the ad for some dealership called 'Das Auto', run by some XYZ Das, Like Yesu-Das, Gurucharan Das etc

At least thats what struck me

I can't imagine the thought hasn't occured to anyone indian in their team yet.
LOL too good for a humor or top party jokes. I still can't stop laughing loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
My guesstimate is the cost would be around 75 -80 crore for today. Considering all edition TOI. This is plus minus the rack rate. Difficult to fathom what cost deal they got though.
The cost would be around Rs.15 - Rs.20 Crore, or probably the budget for ODI cricket match ads for whole day. Print media in India is not strong to command premium than the visual media.
Also TOI gives a different rate which is much less, if the ad is carried in all its editions.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:00   #107
Team-BHP Support

8 pages more than 100 replies in half a day from a car community. I think they did their job in getting noticed good or bad.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Man, I was really looking for the Main TOI when I got it in hands this morning, ruffling through all the pages.
It looked more like VW's Newsprint size brouchure, with some pages rented out to TOI.!
Amazing marketing.
And we also have HM/Mitsubishi.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:09   #109
BHPian

i am impressed, though will have to find some time today evening to read out all 13 pages.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:15   #110
Team-BHP Support

And this comes on a day when i reached office really early, missing the morning newspaper. Now i have to read the newspaper when i get home.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:16   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo can be spotted in the page where they have shown a huge pic of their new plan, on the page see a lot a of white and red small cars parked, i think those ones are Polos.

Good to know the Beetle is coming with a 115hp petrol engine with an automatic transmission, its much better than the weak 75hp diesel engine in the Fiat 500.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th November 2009 at 16:24.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:02   #112
BHPian

OH MY GOD!! the AMOUNT THE money they must have spent on this print AD

wow, the tourag is coming, bettle and the polo too yaaayyyy!!!!!

and they are the worlds largest CAR maker !!! wohoo!

i was a big fan, now i am even bigger!!

who says they are understated lolz pick up the newspaper!!

every one from 5th standard boy to PHd holder would now know what V W stands for from today ! this is how you create brand perceptions and build brand image!! and what DAS auto means!

remember audi too did this but not on this scale!!! amazing. congratulations VW!

guys JUST IMAGINE. the faces of the CEOs of indian car manufacturers or foreign brands in india.

BMW, mercedes, fiat, ford, honda, suzuki,hyundai
would probably be going What tha.... OMG! and they know they can't match it

Last edited by Caramelo : 11th November 2009 at 17:08.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:03   #113
BHPian

I missed my bus in the morning thanks to the blasted 13 spread wonder-read

I'm not complaining though

WOW! The red Beetle even got my mom asking about the price!
Old 11th November 2009, 17:12   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
I missed my bus in the morning thanks to the blasted 13 spread wonder-read

I'm not complaining though

WOW! The red Beetle even got my mom asking about the price!
i really hope they make it a CKD! or something to the lines of that! just make it for the masses so that all can enjoy!!
Old 11th November 2009, 17:28   #115
BHPian

How much the Toureg will cost?
Old 11th November 2009, 17:51   #116

From 100% to 0% oxygen in 7.8seconds??

In the Volkswagen Touareg half page ad, the sub-heading says 'From 100% to 0% oxygen' in 7.8 seconds. Can anyone explain what that means?
It surely can't climb the mountain they have shown in 7.8secs at 45 degree angle.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

This beats the Skoda's Obsessed with 'whatever' campaign. If one thing anyone can learn from Market leaders in India - is - that agressive marketing without crap talk WILL sell. "Fill it, shut it, forget it??" No - even after 20years we remember it!!!

Good begining by emphasising their plant structure, capacity and their sheer investment in India. Network picture sure helps reassure the customer. Picture speaks 1000 words. Chevy tried it with "Our Promise" campaign - this is a Leap forward.
Old 11th November 2009, 17:59   #118
Senior - BHPian

Now this is the kind of PR stunt that will stay etched in one's mind forever. Never been done before and even if someone else does it in the future, they will be just a copycat. I hope this translates into serious long term India plans and I also hope they bring in all the advanced technology and innovation that they talked about today at affordable prices.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:02   #119
BHPian

Volkswagen has overtaken Toyota as the world largest carmaker.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:03   #120
BHPian

If you guys think they've spent enough money on just newspapers think again, I was just surfing channels sipping away my afternoon tea hoping to see something interesting on T.V. Just as I was about to change to another channel, I saw a shape familiar to that of a VW beetle, I stopped, saw what was happening and then realised that I was just watching a brand new VW ad.

The ad is nice, altough this is all I could find out about it on the net.

Website - domain-b.com : The first online Indian business magazine

Volkswagen India is targeting the Indian consumer with its first television ad which will go on air tomorrow.

The German auto major is launching an integrated 360-degree communication campaign conceptualised by DDB Mudra.

The ad shows a young boy in a Volkswagen showroom deciding on the cars that he wants to 'book in advance' at various stages of his life – one for his 18th birthday, one when he becomes the 'vice-president' of a company and another when he eventually becomes the chief executive officer.

The tagline at the end of the commercial says, 'German engineering. Made for India'.

Besides television, the integrated communication campaign will involve print, digital and out-of-home media for the first time in India. The campaign is aimed at heightening Volkswagen's brand equity in the Indian market.

Elaborating on the campaign, Lutz Kothe, chief general manager - marketing and PR, Volkswagen India, said, ''Based on a clear brand strategy, Volkswagen is known for its cutting-edge advertising across the world. Our powerful and creative campaigns continue to have a special place in the consumer's mind through decades. With our first brand campaign in India, we have strived to achieve the same for our consumers here and are confident that they will take to it.''

This has to be one of the most aggressive marketing campaigns I've ever seen. These guys really want a big bite out the market share.

Last edited by funkydevil : 11th November 2009 at 18:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks