Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 18:00   #376
Senior - BHPian

VW ad creates buzz worldwide!!

Video: Volkswagen rigs newspaper to play audio ad — Autoblog
Old 24th September 2010, 20:48   #377
Senior - BHPian

i am surprised about some people talking about e-waste and environmental pollution etc due to the talking thingy.Hey even a car cause pollution , did someone thought about that before they thought about e-watse.

Well that thingy is still working when it flips over and i am going to hang on to it for a while.Might take some time for it to reach a landfill but if you see this way it's a good marketing strategy by VW as it will keep reminding you of the VW brand every time you toy around with the device.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2010, 20:25   #378

The cost of this ad is still rumoured from 6- 10 cr , but the main focus of VW is to showcase innovation in every activity they do, be it advertising, launching there cars in India, innovation in products etc.
The other day i was with honda marketing officials and they said that VW has to what Honda has done in last 10 year in 1-2 years, So it is evident that the India is been taken very seriously by Volkwagen group, they will deliver great products in the market which is gud news
Old 1st October 2010, 18:30   #379
BHPian

Quote:
i am surprised about some people talking about e-waste and environmental pollution etc due to the talking thingy.Hey even a car cause pollution , did someone thought about that before they thought about e-watse.
Sorry, I beg to disagree. This advertisement would not have seen light of day in a first world country because:
a) The public is better sensitized to environmental issues...it wouldn't have gone down well, creating more negative brand value.
b) VW could run the risk of some serious litigation and damages by environmental activists. As pointed earlier, local authorities may not have permitted the advert.

Cars pollute, first world countries pollute way more than developing countries...all yes. But this is no excuse to justify a significant "non-recyclable" waste generated for the sake of brand promotion.
Old 1st October 2010, 18:58   #380
BANNED

I heard of people listening to voice from the sky. What this? Listening to voice from the newspaper and buying the car? This is new stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Old 29th August 2011, 14:27   #381
Senior - BHPian

re: Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 sept (2011,2012)

Today Volkswagen has did it again with TOI. A silver look-alike Newspaper (Front and Back page) which actually a New Jetta Ad/Brochure.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 29th August 2011, 14:39   #382
Team-BHP Support

re: Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 sept (2011,2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Today Volkswagen has did it again with TOI. A silver look-alike Newspaper (Front and Back page) which actually a New Jetta Ad/Brochure.

Cheers!

Vinu
Yeah today I noticed this too! That looked like some kind of metal foil paper. Not very environment friendly, moreover it is quite easy to cause cuts on fingers with that sharp stuff. They could have thought of something better
Old 30th August 2011, 11:30   #383
BHPian

Today its BMW on the front pages with ad. of all new X3 in Ahmedabad.
Old 11th September 2012, 07:06   #384
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Delhi Readers be sure to Check out today's HT City. Its has a light sensitive vibrator included in a VW Advertisement on the back page!
Attached Images

Abhinav.Daos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 07:22   #385
BHPian

There's a huge advert in TOI this morning from VW extolling the virtues of their cars. Also, there's a 1 inch sq electronic device stuck to the newspaper. Not sure what this is.
Old 11th September 2012, 07:43   #386
BHPian

That's a vibrator!!!! Disappointed by the Bluetooth and navigation features. I was expecting these to be dash mounted and built in the music system. These seem to be like aftermarket units being given by VW.
Old 11th September 2012, 07:45   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Delhi Readers be sure to Check out today's HT City. Its has a light sensitive vibrator included in a VW Advertisement on the back page!
Its here in Bangalore as well in the TOI. Probably in all major cities as well.

Though I am unsure what it does. The device didnt seem to do anything at all!
Old 11th September 2012, 07:48   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Its here in Bangalore as well in the TOI. Probably in all major cities as well.

Though I am unsure what it does. The device didnt seem to do anything at all!
It vibrates when exposed to light, probably an attention grabber.
Old 11th September 2012, 08:00   #389
BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

Oh yes even I saw the vibrator ad in today's newspaper.
I feel its quite an innovative advertisement by VW wherein it will get the reader's attention sure shot!
It starts vibrating automatically when you open the newspaper.
The Polo petrol HL looks like a good buy now with the added features and reduced price. I prefer the handling of the polo over the i20 anytime.
Those black headlights look sexy! Will they come in the TL variants? I hope.
Old 11th September 2012, 08:46   #390
BHPian

VW does it again today with a 4 Page advertisement in the TOI with an audio chip. It Says "Feel the shiver of excitement' . However the audio chip is only vibrating without any message.

Kiran

Most Viewed