Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 09:08   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Delhi Readers be sure to Check out today's HT City. Its has a light sensitive vibrator included in a VW Advertisement on the back page!
And I was wondering what the vibrator was doing in the AD. Trying to figure out what to do with them (I get two papers hence two vibrators)
Old 11th September 2012, 09:25   #392
Team-BHP Support

re: Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 sept (2011,2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
VW does it again today with a 4 Page advertisement in the TOI with an audio chip. It Says "Feel the shiver of excitement' . However the audio chip is only vibrating without any message.
Yeah, I find this attempt quite lame in earlier comparison. Shiver != vibrator. VW seems to have quite a huge marketing budget despite their poor sales performance in the recent past. I see some light with the price cuts on top variants of the Polo and Vento.
Old 11th September 2012, 09:30   #393
BHPian

re: Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 sept (2011,2012)

As a novelty yes I am impressed but as an advertisement it is pretty stupid.

I mean I found it hard to correlate shivers , vibrator , addition of new alloys, blackening of headlamps , steering control and GPS.
Old 11th September 2012, 09:32   #394
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Its here in Bangalore as well in the TOI. Probably in all major cities as well.

Though I am unsure what it does. The device didnt seem to do anything at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
It vibrates when exposed to light, probably an attention grabber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
And I was wondering what the vibrator was doing in the AD. Trying to figure out what to do with them (I get two papers hence two vibrators)
Same here in Pune edition. When I picked up the paper & opened it up, I was almost on the verge of throwing the paper, as a reflex action. However I immediately realized, that this is the second attempt from VW to grab the eyeballs (if you will). With the vibrator they have probably tried to simulate the sweet sound of a racing engine (I mean an accelerating engine). As you gradually increase the exposure to light this device vibrates with increasing intensity, giving you a feeling of a racing engine (good thinking)
Old 11th September 2012, 10:09   #395
Team-BHP Support

My wife told me today, the newspaper is making wierd noises, what is it?
Old 11th September 2012, 10:18   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Bad timing by VW to put a vibrating device in a newspaper. They must have forgotten what date it is!!!
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 10:20   #397
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW unwraps the updated Polo & Vento; launched at Rs. 6.94 lakhs & Rs. 9.89 lakhs

The marketing dept. at VW always seems to be innovative and they never mind spending more for this. It would be better if they also take 'Customer Service' seriously. I was disappointed after seeing an owner's plight on his experience with VW.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ent-issue.html

Last edited by rameshnanda : 11th September 2012 at 10:22.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 10:33   #398
BHPian

VW Publicuty Stunt!!

Good Morning guys!

But sadly, it wasn't so for my poor ol' granny this morning. Because VW thought of scaring her out of her wits!

Her day starts out as usual. Wake up, little walk, pooja and morning tea. Then the morning papers arrive. She picks up the papers and to sort them into Marathi and English. She picks up the Times of India and bang!! She jumps like a scared little toddler! She picks up the paper again and throws it away flabbergasted!!

She calls out to our maid and tells her to pick up the paper. She jumps even higher than my granny!

"There is something in there!", maid says.

"Isn't it? I felt so too. First I thought there is something wrong with me, by God!"

"What is it?"

"I don't know! A bug? A cockroach? A bee?"

The maid moves back few feet and starts praying like there's some black magic!

My granny calls my aunt.

"You felt it too?"

"Ya I felt it too"

"I just threw the paper away!"

"I don't want a bee to enter the house"

I enter the hall. Both granny and maid are staring at the paper! Then they look at me.

"There is something in there"

"What?"

"I don't know. Its like a trapped bee or something. Please throw it out."

Me being me I simply walk toward the paper and decide to inspect. I am a bit of Mr. Animal Planet kind of person so I always get all dramatic and tell them creatures don't want to hurt us, they just want to prevent injury to themselves. So if we handle them with respect, we both won't get hurt. I normally carefully pick up cockroaches, bugs, lizards etc using a soft cloth or paper and put them outside the house.

So with pretty much overconfidence I go ahead and open the paper! There is this buzzing sound! And I notice an ad for the new VW Polo and Vento. Then I touch it and there is some black plastic thing attached to the paper that is vibrating! I turn the paper and see this on the front page!

Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012 (Pg 26)-img_1636.jpg

I turn the paper back!

Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012 (Pg 26)-img_1632.jpg

This is the buzzer that was vibrating and buzzing the life out of poor old ladies!

Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012 (Pg 26)-img_1634.jpg
Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrating ad on 11 Sept 2012 (Pg 26)-img_1635.jpg

So I simply ripped it off the paper to prevent any more of my family members getting any heart attacks!

But we have to give it to VW! They did come up with a really original idea of "shock advertisement"! Come what may everyone will notice!!

Cheers! Did any one of you have the same experience??
thumpingheart is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 10:35   #399
BHPian

I love the innovative ideas of VW's marketing team! My maid was shaking-off the news paper from a safe distance in the morning thinking there might be a bug stuck in between the sheets, and to his amazement so were 3 other neighbours at the same time. LOL!
suhaildurrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 10:38   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
As a novelty yes I am impressed but as an advertisement it is pretty stupid.

I mean I found it hard to correlate shivers , vibrator , addition of new alloys, blackening of headlamps , steering control and GPS.
I agree. When opened the paper I was waiting for some new surprise hoping they would have added some spice to it but nothing happened - this thing merely vibrated and I couldn't relate it to shiver.
By the way, I bought this paper from a roadside shop nearby and another lady who had bought the paper little earlier rushed back to the shop complaining about wierd vibration

Last edited by pacman2881 : 11th September 2012 at 10:39.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:40   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrator ad on 11th Sept!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ Bad timing by VW to put a vibrating device in a newspaper. They must have forgotten what date it is!!!

Seems like the date was matched intentionally.

Cheers!
Old 11th September 2012, 10:42   #402
Team-BHP Support

Re: Times of India? Nope, VW of India. EDIT: Vibrator ad on 11th Sept!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Seems like the date was matched intentionally.

Cheers!
Last year also it was september 11. I guess its some VW anniversary in India or something?
Old 11th September 2012, 10:47   #403
Team-BHP Support

I opened today's newspaper to find that the device stuck (whatever it was) was already vandalized and plucked out by the newspaper boys. I immediately logged on the team-bhp and found this thread

Why a vibrating device in the newspaper? more than 'Shiver of excitememt', I think it is a reminder by VW on how customers should get used to vibrations with their 3-cylinder, noisy diesel engines.
KarthikK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 10:51   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I opened today's newspaper to find that the device stuck (whatever it was) was already vandalized and plucked out by the newspaper boys. I immediately logged on the team-bhp and found this thread

Why a vibrating device in the newspaper? more than 'Shiver of excitememt', I think it is a reminder by VW on how customers should get used to vibrations with their 3-cylinder, noisy diesel engines.
Hahaha!! Good one!. Bad news for Volkswagen if their cars, start vibrating like massage chairs, hair dryers or the other kind of vibrators!!!
Shock advertisement like the item girl antics, but essentially of no value. Kind of takes an edge of their 'premiumness' amongst people
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 11:00   #405
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if the chennai edition of The Hindu has the vibe? There's a full two page VW Ad but I could not feel or spot any vibe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks