Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 13:28   #1
BHPian

Xylo 1st Anniversary Celebrations - Rs 50,000 Offers

Mods - Searched but didn't find this topic. Please merge/move/delete as appropriate.
================================================== ==

Saw a half-page as in "The Hindu" today about Xylo 1st Anniversary Celebrations. They are now offering free insurance, free extended warranty, exchange bonus and other freebies. Also mentions that ABS & Air-bags are available. Ad says offers total value up to Rs 50,000. Will post a copy of the ad later - don't have the camera now.

Guess M&M is desperate to ramp up the Xylo sales figures.

Also, when I took in my Xylo for its first service last week, the service tech said that Mahindra is ready to launch a taxi-cab version of the Xylo with the DI engine from Bolero (the same one in the Scorpio M2DI) and that it would be priced less than Rs 6 lakh ex-showroom. If true, then Mahindra maybe looking to taxi sales to give them the numbers they want from the Xylo.

Cheers
Teja

Last edited by H3LIOS : 13th November 2009 at 13:30.
Old 13th November 2009, 14:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

this seems to boost the sales which doesnt seems going full fledge for xylo.
DI model for xylo was expected with lower range for taxi segment and as said by Hlios just around 6L is a steal for sure.But then its top end E8 would get affected as well.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:00   #3
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Going the Taxi route is not a bad idea, but they rather than giving a price discount on models should have simply added free ABS, to E2, E4, E6, E8 and Free Airbags to E6 & E8. Plus maybe extended warranty to 5 years as satandard across the range. or spent and addtional Rs. 10000, just on improving the quality / fitfinish of the Interiors.

Price discounts is not what will work for them in this case. They need to take the fight to the Innova.

Xylos requires product development effort towards noticible refinement. Give it the full blown Scorpio Engine - give a E10 option with Auto and 4X4.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post

(the same one in the Scorpio M2DI) and that it would be priced less than Rs 6 lakh ex-showroom.
That's called the Mustang engine for the Xylo.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:12   #5
BHPian

One year since Xylo was launched! I think it's high time, they thought about a facelift. It's an extremely nice vehicle let down by its odd ball looks.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:44   #6
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
One year since Xylo was launched! I think it's high time, they thought about a facelift. It's an extremely nice vehicle let down by its odd ball looks.
and interior quality and minor iffy bits - easy to sort out.
Old 13th November 2009, 18:33   #7
BANNED

How come the 1st Anniversary so soon? As far as I remember, I think Xylo was launched in January or Dec. End. (Correct me If I'm wrong.)
Old 13th November 2009, 18:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Was launched in Jan 2009.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:12   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The ol' Bolero sells anywhere between 5000 - 7000 units a month. The 7 year old Scorpio finds about 3,500 new homes each month. Mahindra's latest, the Xylo? Only 2,500 odd. This people mover is performing way below Mahindra's own expectations. Even the 1.5 lakh rupee more expensive Innova betters the Xylo in the market. Strange situation, the Xylo seems to meet the needs of its target market perfectly well. Space, diesel engine, typical Mahindra robustness.

Not too hard to see why we are hearing of subtle upgrades & discounts on the Xylo already.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Strange situation, the Xylo seems to meet the needs of its target market perfectly well. Space, diesel engine, typical Mahindra robustness.

Not too hard to see why we are hearing of subtle upgrades & discounts on the Xylo already.
well, discounts are around for sure, but havent heard about any upgrades either then abs and airbags added in current models.So are they coming out with something else as well??
Old 14th November 2009, 21:43   #11
BHPian

Offer valid only in the South

Here is a pic of the Ad if anyone is interested. Please ignore the MNS cartoon showing through the page - can't help it, newsprint is so thin.

Noticed small print that the offer is valid only in the four southern states. Maybe they have different offers for other regions.
Attached Thumbnails
Xylo 1st Anniversary Celebrations - Rs 50,000 Offers-xyloadsm.jpg  

Old 17th November 2009, 11:26   #12
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Come on M&M offer a better Xylo rather than cash discounts. It will help you in the long run, no point bringing down the brand value.
Old 1st December 2009, 07:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LIOS View Post
Offer valid only in south
Well it is quite peculiar that a company has different offers for different regions. In Orissa they are giving around 60K refund after 2 months on E-2 7 seater models. I am given to understand that it is some sort of a excise benefit which is being passed on to the consumers. On the other models it is only free 2 years extended warranty.

In the south it is free insurance - 20k / Exchange bonus - 15K / 2 years extended warranty.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:07   #14
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Like the HM (Mitsubishi policy) - One India One Price

Would take care of all the concession etc. that exists from region to region.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:55   #15
BHPian

I agree; the one India One Price policy is a great leveller in the true sense.
But Xylo is indeed a bit of an enigma. Around the time it was launched it seemed a perfect missing link; for the taxi segment at least (Except for the funny looks i'd say its still good enough for jumbo size families too ).
Loads of space; a fair level of fit and trim and an engine that would not let you down. Not to mention Mahindra's pedigree
Almost an year down the line the sales figures seem to be dismal. Maybe the price cut would help. But i wonder why it is not selling; looks ?????
come on now we have worse looking things on the Indian roads.

Most Viewed