Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 17:04   #61
BHPian

I think Revvmaster has summarised the entire scenario pretty well. This was a "Private" and "Only by invite" (I was not invited by the way) event.

Inspite of having known this, if one still tries to take a chance then he / she / they should be ready to face whatever the consequences are. Some times you can get lucky and get away with it. But everyday's not a Sunday.

It would have been a different thing if the event was open to all and then some one walked up to you and asked you to leave for no fault of yours. This I would consider as discrimination.

Technically speaking - the event was gate crashed. This by itself was wrong and must be "first" accepted.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:33   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
No offence to anyone here .. but just because I love to eat cakes, would I be welcome into everyones birthday party ?
Why are we even complaining ?
LOL! you said it man. i cant figure out why everyones complaining. If you're not invited, you cant go , plain and simple.
Its not discrimination, and to all those who advocate suing the firm , agentsmith if I remember, relax. This is not the US.

Cheers
Old 19th November 2009, 17:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith2 View Post
Law can decide discrimination on various factors. I can ask you to stay away from my private property - yet allow people only on the basis of their religion. That would be discrimination. And that would be illegal.

I could refuse you an entry to my private property 'because you are a person of a backward caste' or of a certain 'sex'. Perfectly legal ? Not quite. That's discrimination.
Sorry to add to the din in this thread but I just can't take misinterpretation of common civil law. Personal antipathy, you see. The holes in your logic are so wide that forget Lambos, entire convoys of Volvos could disappear into them without getting noticed.

Quote:
Law can decide discrimination on various factors. I can ask you to stay away from my private property - yet allow people only on the basis of their religion. That would be discrimination. And that would be illegal.

I could refuse you an entry to my private property 'because you are a person of a backward caste' or of a certain 'sex'. Perfectly legal ? Not quite. That's discrimination.
As long the matter is regarding private property, I am not supposed to justify grounds on which I discriminate against you and keep you out, but let your well-dressed, sweet-smelling friends in. A private matter is private matter, case closed.

Quote:
I can refuse to give you a job [or as much as an interview opportunity] in my *privately held* company because you are from a backward community. According to your argument, that would be legal. Not quite, according to law.

Your private property can't supersede the rule of law - which states there can't be a discrimination based on several factors outlined by the Indian Constitution.

Its a tragedy that most Indians don't understand discrimination and continue to harvest a colonial/racist and class mindset.

Let the plaintiff approach the courts to demand an explanation from the company on why was he discriminated against and let the company provide their arguments proving the contrary.
May we know which "several factors outlined by Indian Constitution" can be successfully invoked in a court of law to establish discrimination in the above cases that you have referred to? I would humbly advise you to read the Constitution and see for yourself on how will you or Nitrous or any other person will go about making such a case. At best, it'll be summarily dismissed, at worst, the judge may flog you/lawyer for not reading up on the Constitution!
Old 19th November 2009, 18:42   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I think Revvmaster has summarised the entire scenario pretty well. This was a "Private" and "Only by invite" (I was not invited by the way) event.

Inspite of having known this, if one still tries to take a chance then he / she / they should be ready to face whatever the consequences are. Some times you can get lucky and get away with it. But everyday's not a Sunday.

It would have been a different thing if the event was open to all and then some one walked up to you and asked you to leave for no fault of yours. This I would consider as discrimination.

Technically speaking - the event was gate crashed. This by itself was wrong and must be "first" accepted.
Farhan, you have taken the words right out of my mouth. It was a private event and thus, any uninvited guests are not permitted. The organisers have the absolute right to allow / deny entry to whosoever they please. We have to consider that this event may have had people + cars + events that Lambo would not have wanted made public.

Though if you ask me, both parties could have handled the situation in a better manner. Nitrous should have taken prior permission to using his camera, while the Lambo officials could have been polite (got the impression that they were rude). It would have been a win-win situation for either party. A car enthusiast would have had a blast, and Lamborghini would have won over many a fan.
Old 19th November 2009, 19:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Some one mentioned about birthday cake!!! Well if you intend to sell something associated with your birthday, it would be in your favor not to disallow someone who like cake.

Remember/Recollect Lamborghini wants to sell their cars!!!

The incident has left mahendra(nitrous) unhappy, it could have been avoided had the organizers of the event have encouraged the auto enthusiasts. But still we can not say organizers were wrong. We can only say they were good people had they allowed the enthusiasts to watch the cars(ok from a distance) provided pics were not taken(which may be for the benefit of the actual guests if that was a concern).

I would like to narrate an experience I had with a popular car maker. I was once standing near a car showroom waiting for a friend, since I had some time, I was looking through the glass the car. A middle aged gentleman came with a pleasant face and invited me inside. After talking few minutes, he offered coffee too, I said I was not there to buy a car. He said its ok, you seemed to be having interest in cars, you can have a look. I had the coffee, enjoyed the air-conditioning in the showroom, thanked the gentleman and left the place.

Now I am not comparing both the incidents. But I would like to say this incident left a good impression in my mind. I think that was part of brand building!!! In mahendra's case, he is left with a bad impression in his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Farhan, you have taken the words right out of my mouth. It was a private event and thus, any uninvited guests are not permitted. The organisers have the absolute right to allow / deny entry to whosoever they please. ....
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Sue Lamborghini in India. Sue the local dealer. Call up Mid Day and DNA and make a big deal about being discriminated. Call up local FM center and talk about it. The least we can do is make it a PR disaster for them. They'll never do it again.
Hey relax man. The racial/caste discrimination? You are taking it to a whole different level.
I think most of them have given their views on the topic and the answer is obvious. Anyway even nitrous is not replying here, it's better not to drag this thread IMHO.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:22   #67
BHPian

I completely agree with @greenhorn...all the passion is indeed useless if the means used are improper

@anantnehru - I can understand you had instructions and I am sure the Lambo officials who allowed the students to come in but not take pics also had the same instructions...but the manner in which they handled the same situation is much more positive

I am sure you will agree that it is the people who build or destroy the brand....and anyone passionate about the brand will never do anything to damage it...like you came back strongly to defend it
Old 24th November 2009, 07:16   #68
BHPian

I wonder if this was the same car brought down for the event.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...i-airport.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2009 at 17:53. Reason: Linking to other thread on the topic.
Old 24th November 2009, 10:37   #69
BANNED

Ha ha. A fitting end to the thread then. Karma is a well... everyone knows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks